02 Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know O2, can be awkward, but it is worth keeping on at them; It does depend on who is on the end of the phone at the end of the day.

Always best to contact service team at or near the end of your contract and get the best deal or you will go somewhere else; Tesco offer great deals at the mo.

I have been with O2 for about 20 years now, nearly always bought my own phone from somebody like 'Expansys'

current deal is unlimited calls, unlimited txts, 5GB data, all for £19/m sim only.

The point is, somewhere along the line, someone needs to take ownership and provide excellent customer service. The OP complains about being misled by customer service, then the Executive Team misleads the customer again.

I know O2, can be awkward, but it is worth keeping on at them; It does depend on who is on the end of the phone at the end of the day.

Always best to contact service team at or near the end of your contract and get the best deal or you will go somewhere else; Tesco offer great deals at the mo.

I have been with O2 for about 20 years now, nearly always bought my own phone from somebody like 'Expansys'

current deal is unlimited calls, unlimited txts, 5GB data, all for £19/m sim only.

• 1 year later...

Sorry if this is in the incorrect place.

short story.

I had to buy out of my previous 02 Contract as my phone decided just to stop working.

Anyway found a deal with the carphone warehouse and had a 3 way conference call with the 02 customers services and the carphone warehouse rep.

I asked the 02 lady how much it would be to buy out of my contract. I was given my final figure, I also asked her to confirm if this was a final figure and there would be no more hidden charges or balances to pay. Her reply was no.

So great, contract finished with, or so I thought.21/3/16

Fast forward to now - I recieved an email telling me I had £41.03 to pay within 14 days.

Confused and angry i rang 02 and explained the above.

she told me that I had only asked for my termination charge and that the 41.03 was a bill that had generated on the 16th March. My new contract was taken out on 21st March.

I explained that I asked that the figure I was given was final and no more charges would be due. she said again that I had only asked for my termination fee and that's what they gave me.

I said that if there was any outstanding money to pay that they should of made me aware of it and the bill had already been generated they should of see this on there system.

she further said that if the balance was not paid it would be sold not, passed to debt collectors and I would then have my new contract cut off.

Now I'm not afraid of DCAS but I'm wanting to know if there is any truth in her other statement that I would be cut off even though I have a new contract and new tariff.

I further asked for a management call back as I feel I have been misinformed.

thanks

would appreciate any help here.

Hi

First of all, check your credit file. If that is clear of any bad info from O2 then I would pay up under duress. This act is purely to keep your credit file clear of any potential defaults.

Stay off the phone unless you can record their drivel and WRITE a letter of complaint laying out clearly what had happened, why you are not satisfied and what you want them to do (refund the amount paid)

Any letter you send MUST be headed Formal Complaint so that they understand and that they know they only have 8 weeks to resolve before you can go to the Ombudsman.

Now, with any contract, it is usual to have call charges added but you should have been told this. i.e x amount in redemption fees plus charges for phone calls/texts however, as your phone had stopped working, how could you have incurred these charges.

I can't comment on whether they can restrict your new contract.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thread moved to correct forum and twitter link added

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

thank you Silverfox.

would I be correct then if I write a formal complaint disputing it that they can not forward it to a dca for collection until the matter is resolved ?

Theoretically yes but these companies do what they want anyway. Even if it did go to a DCA, you can refuse to deal with them and get them to return it to O2. If O2 did this, it only adds to your complaint

Speaking to them is up to you but ideally you could get the call recorded. There are apps out there that will record incoming calls if it is on your mobile they ring you. If they ring your land line, you can use the recorder function on your phone to record them. You do not have to tell them that you are recording either

ok so I manged to view the old account on my 02. It doesn't make any sense.

£193.80 was due.

was credited £4.30 VAT back

making it £189.50

They bring forward a balance of £148.47 a figure iv never heard of.

leaving £41.03. the amount that they claim I now owe.

but I paid them £189.90!!!

£148.47+£41.03 = what I paid!!!! £189.50. so there's 40p extra paid as well.

this makes no sense to me surely this proves I owe them nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Ok so that day i recieved a call back from a manager.I explained the above to her but was still saying its a bill owed. which judgeing by those figures i dont.

Anyway. i was at hoapital when ahe called so i reluctantly offered and paid half of what they were claiming i owed. and 02 would apply a credit for the other half.

Fast forward to today...

around lunchtime i tried to send a text. I couldnt. Long story short they had put a barr on my phone.

The Agent went on to say that it was from an old account and there was a balance still due. I reiterated the above and she placed me on hold.

The manager Failed to apply the credit as promised, this was written on my account notes but not done.

She then went on to say that her supervisor would duly apply the credit later today but my servicew may take 24hours to come back.

i find this unexceptable as i live in a

very rural area and im 29 weeks pregnant. I need my phone should i need to call for help.

i have emailed there complaints department and wiol take it to the ombudsman if i have to as i feel its very shoddy service i have requested that they refund me the half of the bill i paid as goodwill for their error. i believe this to be a fair request.

what are your thoughts here. any other advice would be greatly welcomed.

Give them the 24 hrs, call again tomorrow and if it isnt all rectified, send either an "official complaint" gives them 8 weeks to rectify or an lba, 14 days to rectify then if no joy, issue a claim via mcol

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Result!

Had a phone call yesterday from 02. They have Upheld my complaint.

The manager who was meant to apply my credit did but to the inccorect account. meaning the old account remained unpaid.

BUT they are leaving that on making my bill half this month and have given me free line rental for next month as well as clearing the old accounts balance for the trouble.

happy days!

And have they removed any adverse data from your credit file?

They are very quick to record non payment issues and if you arent sure whether they have you need to check via noddle and clearscore, both free online credit reports

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Ok but bear in mind thise can be upto 6 weeks behind real time!