02 Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will have to look into your contract details and find out how long your contract lasts. Some are 12 or 18 months, most (like mine) are 24 months.

I got an Iphone 5 on a 24 month contract that was taken out around the same time as yours, saying that mine only went up 99p...

• 3 weeks later...

I believe O2's price increase is a direct breach of the following:

General Condition 9.6:

9.6 The Communications Provider shall:

(a) give its Subscribers adequate notice not shorter than one month of any modifications likely to be of material detriment to that Subscriber

(b) allow its Subscribers to withdraw from their contract without penalty upon such notice

© at the same time as giving the notice in condition 9.6 (a) above, shall inform the Subscriber of its ability to terminate the contract without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to the Subscriber.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I will be taking this to small claims as the ombudsmen are about as helpful as a catflap in an elephant house.

As O2's head office is based in Slough (they also have an office/contact centre in Glasgow) Can I use MCOL to make a claim against them or does it have to be through the sheriff court in Glasgow.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've filed a claim against them using MCOL.

I take it, if the need arises in the future that I can add more information to the claim? When submitting my claim I was limited as to what to put for the reason for my claim.

My main reasons for the claim are as follows:

• the unfair terms under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - according to your T's&C's O2 are free to raise prices but the customer cannot leave without paying a early termination penalty/higher bills, so technically I'm trapped into paying the higher price = unfair contract term.

• Ofcom - at time of sale the O2 salesperson or mobiles.co.uk did not make it clear that a price rise would or could occur during the contract (this applies to all pre-23/01/14 contracts).

• EU regs - Directive 2002/22/EC Of the European Parliament and of the Council, Chapter IV – End User Agreements, Article 20 – Contracts (4. Subscribers shall have a right to withdraw from their contracts without penalty upon notice of proposed modifications in the contractual conditions).

I also wish to cancel under OFCOM's General COndition 9.6. The cost of certain out-of-bundle texts and calls, as well as international call costs are of material detriment to me. The price increase is over CPI and I believe this triggers my cancellation right under GC 9.6, REGARDLESS of what my contract says.

Not only that, but the Ombudsmen have not been impartial. They have dealt with some of my friends complaints, yet they have refused to deal with me, even though the complaint has been for exactly the same reason as theirs.

• 7 months later...

Hi

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Im not sure what can be done here but here goes;

3 weeks ago my husband was offered an upgrade with 02. He looked through the list of phone'savailable and made a choice. He chose a iphone 5c 16GB.

He rang them back to arrnage this and was told that they could no longer get these as they were no longer made because of iphone 6 due to release.

So he got stuck with a iphone 5c 8Gb.

He was browsing the internet and stumbled upon 02's website and to our shock the 5c 16gb he wanted was on there at his current tarriff.

We can only assume he was misled or misold the 8gb phone.

We would like to know if there is anyway we can get them to switch the phone they gave him for the actual phone he wanted to start with. We feel 02 have lied to us as they have the phone clearly on there website on offer and the rep on the phone told him that he could not have it.

Thread moved to telecoms forum

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi wiseajak

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (wanted to upgrade to 'iphone 5c 16GB'), how they have let you down (stuck with iphone 5c 8Gb, according to website 'iphone 5c 16GB' was available, misled by O2 Customer Sevices) and what you want them to do (upgrade you to 'iphone 5c 16GB').

Send it to:-

Mr Ronan Dunne

Chief Executive

O2

[email protected]

Let us know how you get on.

Hello and thank u rebell i have composed an email and send it to the above address. (Hope that was correct)

We expressed our dissapointment what we wanted done and everything thats happened. Will oost again wen i find the outcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well they are prepared to offer him the 16gb phone but at a cost of an extra £5 a month on top of his bill.

What i cant work out is that it was there blunder, yet they are expecting £120 to cover it.

What should we reply.? Should we push further or except the offer?! They have claimed that he should of got one within the 14day cooling off period but 02 told him that they were no longer made. They are saying pretty much that its his fault and they dont want to accept any resposibliity. Yet this offer is suposed to be a "good will" gesture.

Any help?

Told you Capita wouldnt help! ...

Anyway. Stick to your guns on this one. You shouldnt have to fork out any more for it when it is their issue.

I would push further... I wouldnt be happy if I was in your situation.

On a good side, at least they do still have them.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi wiseajak

You should be able to track down the date and time of call, they always point out that 'all calls being recorded for training purposes', point out that if they care to listen to the call, then it will show that you were misled. Tell them if you were given the correct information at the time by their sales professional, then you could have made an informed decision at the time. Tell them if they don't resolve the matter to your statisfaction, then you will require a 'transcript of the sales conversation', you will pursue the matter through other avenues.

Well they are prepared to offer him the 16gb phone but at a cost of an extra £5 a month on top of his bill.

What i cant work out is that it was there blunder, yet they are expecting £120 to cover it.

What should we reply.? Should we push further or except the offer?! They have claimed that he should of got one within the 14day cooling off period but 02 told him that they were no longer made. They are saying pretty much that its his fault and they dont want to accept any resposibliity. Yet this offer is suposed to be a "good will" gesture.

Any help?

I agree (O2 Executive Relations), they kept on promising 'Fiberoptics' never delivered, normally you have to fight tooth and nail to get a MAC code, they couldn't wait to give it to me. They aren't too big to fail. Their employees make mistakes their Executive Office covers up, a 'sham' of an organisation.

This was the words from the executive relations office sharon kelly.

Shes very ignorant and doesnt seem to care.

I dont know what more we can do to convince her.

They also screwed me over because wen i took out my contract in 2013 june, i was told that i could downgrade after 12 months, to my dismay when i asked for this i was told , this cannot be done. Safe to say i was fuming!

My hubby has unlimited calls and texts and 2GB data for £28, and i pay £37.99 a month for unlimited calls and texts and 1GB!!!! I called and kicked up and was given an additional 1BG data with no extra cost so i now have 2GB but i pay almost £10 extra!!

Ok now we are even more angry, yestersay he was tpld he could pay an extra £5 on his contract per month, now dearest sharon has said o no u have to pay this £120 upfront or 2 installments of £60, all these reps and her keep tellingb him differnet information and now we are very annoyed and what to pursue this in which ever wat we can. Its a joke. What would u recommened rebell

Have you got a Twitter Account?

Ok now we are even more angry, yestersay he was tpld he could pay an extra £5 on his contract per month, now dearest sharon has said o no u have to pay this £120 upfront or 2 installments of £60, all these reps and her keep tellingb him differnet information and now we are very annoyed and what to pursue this in which ever wat we can. Its a joke. What would u recommened rebell

The thing is the Executive Team intercept all letters sent to the CEO, which is fine if they dealt with them if a fair and professional manner, in essence you'd be better off dealing with the cleaner, 'they would make more sense and get the

issue raised, resolved to your satisfaction'.

Tweet the issue to the CEO's Twitter account. Explain what's happened. E.G.

02 sales misled me, iphone 5c 16GB no longer available.

Mr. Dunne can you please listen to the sales conversation.

After a complaint to your Executive Team the iphone 5c 16GB was made available.

Your Executive Team said we would have to pay £5 extra each month,

that wasn't the deal at the time of the sales conversation.

Your Executive Team are now stating that I have to pay £120 upfront or 2 installments of £60.

This is very poor Customer Service O2. I look forward to hearing from you.

https://twitter.com/ronandunneo2

Yes i do indeed rebell. What are u thinking?