• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Selfish Uncaring Doctors back on strike

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All they think about is themselves not me and you, they don't really care that you are in severe pain or need a life saving operation.

They whinge they are doing too many hours and when the hours are cut they whinge they are losing pay.

Join the real world, you can't have it both ways.

How many will die in the next strike which will see the withdrawal of emergency cover as well. Proof there that they just don't care.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I back the right to strike, but given that there are apparently 3 judicial reviews in the pipeline, i wonder whether it is worth damaging their case with the public. Public support for the strikes has reduced according to a new poll, but the public still support the Doctors case.

What the Doctors should be doing is taking their case forward with the public in a clear way, explaining that the new contracts are a risk to safety. The new work Rostas published by NHS England show that Doctors will still work very long hours and not have regular patterns of rest days where they can enjoy settled family life. The reduction of official hours without additional Doctors being employed, will mean either Doctors work unofficial extra hours or services are cut back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's Camerons Hunt that should be experiencing a lightning strike.

(say it fast to kill two birduns with one stroke/strike)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Salary

•Average basic salary increase of 13.5 per cent

•Basic starting salary of £27,000 compared to £22,636 now - 19 per cent

•Three quarters of doctors receive a take home pay rise

Over-time

•Doctors receive time plus 30 per cent for any hours worked between 5pm-9pm on Saturday and 7am-9pm on Sunday

•Doctors working one in four Saturdays or more will receive a pay premium of 30 per cent for all Saturday hours

•Doctors receive time and a half for any hours worked Monday – Sunday between 9pm – 7am

Working hours

•Max number of hours worked every week by junior doctors from 91 to 72

•Max number of consecutive nights a doctor can work cut from seven to four

•No doctor ever rostered two weekends in a row

Safe working

•Every hospital to have a safety guardian to monitor safe working

•Financial penalties for hospitals that breach safe working hours to be paid to the safety guardian and reinvested in junior doctors education and training

Salary

Over-time

•Doctors receive time plus 30 per cent for any hours worked between 5pm-9pm on Saturday and 7am-9pm on Sunday

•Doctors working one in four Saturdays or more will receive a pay premium of 30 per cent for all Saturday hours

•Doctors receive time and a half for any hours worked Monday – Sunday between 9pm – 7am

Working hours

Safe working

•Financial penalties for hospitals that breach safe working hours to be paid to the safety guardian and reinvested in junior doctors education and training

Sounds fair to me.

They have a great responsibility and need to be compensated for that.

£27000 basic salary is peanuts considering what they do.

Furthermore, if it wasn't for workers' strike we wouldn't have the employment law that everyone benefits from, but we would still be working under the watchful eye of careless and bully employers

The very selective Hunt presentation has been refuted quite comprehensively and repeatedly even without the aspects of the 'deal' that would almost certainly result in hospitals being 'fined' for not meeting requirements that connot be met without a successful massive national recruitment campaign and the extra funding that would require.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

I have checked various informed articles on this and they mostly say that neither the Health Department/NHS England or the BMA are being totally honest. On one side they are trying to stretch current money to cover more hours at weekends and on the other side they refuse to admit that their main gripe is pay.

As was revealed in David Laws book on the coalition, the Head of NHS England was told to re-write a report into NHS funding, as said it needed something like £16 billion extra, when Treasury only wanted to provide £8 billion.

This pay argument is mostly about NHS funding. Junior Doctors pay makes up a large percentage of running costs and the management can't deliver full 7 day working including operations, within the current finances. At some point Treasury will have to find several billion a year towards pay and recruiting additional Doctors, Nurses etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have checked various informed articles on this and they mostly say that neither the Health Department/NHS England or the BMA are being totally honest. On one side they are trying to stretch current money to cover more hours at weekends and on the other side they refuse to admit that their main gripe is pay.

As was revealed in David Laws book on the coalition, the Head of NHS England was told to re-write a report into NHS funding, as said it needed something like £16 billion extra, when Treasury only wanted to provide £8 billion.

This pay argument is mostly about NHS funding. Junior Doctors pay makes up a large percentage of running costs and the management can't deliver full 7 day working including operations, within the current finances. At some point Treasury will have to find several billion a year towards pay and recruiting additional Doctors, Nurses etc.

All that is true unc, but the main issue i have with Hunts proposals is that they include:

Fines for the hospitals if the doctors work more hours than the deal allows

(doesn't stop them working - just fines the hospital)

AND

Fines for the hospital if the targets aren't met - and even attempting to meet those targets requires more overtime from those doctors, not less (or massive recruitment - which just isnt happening or even possible given the funding.

Its just a [ploy] to fine money out (reduce the budget) of the NHS whatever happens.

The Tory Legacy

Interesting that the government's own analysis of the contract says: "there are features of the new contract that impact disproportionately on women" and the equality assessment said that “certain features of the new contract will adversely impact on those who work part time”—most of whom would be women. And some aspects of the new contract “have certain adverse impacts regarding maternity” and “will potentially adversely impact on those who have responsibilities as carers,” most of whom are also women.

But, no - selfish and uncaring... You keep your Daily Mail subscription...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Salary

Over-time

Working hours

Safe working

But lots rostered for three...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/junior-doctors-furious-after-new-example-rotas-show-them-working-three-weekends-in-a-row-a6882541.html

Interestingly also - a 'rest day' is preceded with working from 00:00 to 09:00 but because in Jeremy's little bubble everything is too compicated before 09:00 (

) those nine hours don't count as working on that day...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

As the mum of a jnr doctor.... i support the strike. After 5 yrs study and the expense of student loans (not for booze filled weekends... but basic study and living costs) there will be at least another 4 yrs studying whilst working. It isnt all about fair pay for hours worked (which in her first year usually meant her 8-5 shift was actually 7-10) just a safer working regime for staff and patients.

Trouble is that everything is turning into a race to the bottom in the UK with a great pinch of envy. Someone's on a better salary than me so that's not fair attitude, encouraged by the governments divide and rule policies. Doctors deserve every penny they receive and it really annoys me that people think they can't be dedicated if they don't want their contracts changing to their detriment.

It will be nurses, HCAs, paramedics etcetera next. But hey, never mind, it will make the NHS ideal for privatisation.

Sounds fair to me.

They have a great responsibility and need to be compensated for that.

£27000 basic salary is peanuts considering what they do.

Furthermore, if it wasn't for workers' strike we wouldn't have the employment law that everyone benefits from, but we would still be working under the watchful eye of careless and bully employers

I agree, that's rubbish pay, good luck to the doctors, I'd kick up a fuss if I signed a contract and then had a new one forced upon me, oh may not even be legal, time will tell.

Mf Hunts cancellation of press conference and refusal to appear on any news programs speaks volumes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3528037/NHS-recruit-400-doctors-India-desperate-bid-plug-staffing-crisis.html

I think the Tories do have a privatisation agenda, where every part of the NHS is a private company. The public will still have access as they do now, but there will be less accountability in the system. Within 10 years you won't recognise the NHS, as it was.

Why don't they just charge everyone who is working £1 per month extra in NI which goes direct to the NHS ? £31 million per month ???? who's going to miss 25p per week ? seems fairly simple to me - or is that the problem .... it's too simple ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The Tory Legacy

Hasn't there been reports that people close to Mr Hunt ate deeply involved in private health care?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3528037/NHS-recruit-400-doctors-India-desperate-bid-plug-staffing-crisis.html

I think the Tories do have a privatisation agenda, where every part of the NHS is a private company. The public will still have access as they do now, but there will be less accountability in the system. Within 10 years you won't recognise the NHS, as it was.

Why don't they just charge everyone who is working £1 per month extra in NI which goes direct to the NHS ? £31 million per month ???? who's going to miss 25p per week ? seems fairly simple to me - or is that the problem .... it's too simple ?

That would be an evil tax increase, and we can't have those because mumble mumble trickle down mumble supply side economics mumble.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's interesting isn't it, the PM is implicit in tax fraud and avoidance and it's the hard working people seeking to protect their own terms and conditions of employment against changes which are by the government's own admission discriminatory against women, who incidentally account for 60% of the junior doctor workforce, who are selfish and uncaring.

Inflammatory nonsense.

• Haha 1

I've worked in NHS Payroll and know how much the doctors get extra, and have had junior doctors not being able to understand that they get paid MONTHLY even though their rotas are over SIX weekends!

A lot of the 'new breed' of junior doctors have been hot-housed through school and college and university and have done little or no day to day work before hitting the wards, so it is a shock to their systems that they are NOT put first and they have to actually give something back in the way of their skills.

I am NOT in support of their actions at all.

Have you seen some of the shifts ? 8am to 10pm in the evenings 4 days in a row is just one example. The new rostas will make it very difficult for these people. If you are working in say a central London hospital, with extra hours and commuting, it will make the job very difficult to sustain and enjoy a reasonable quality of life. If these people can move abroad to say Australia or New Zealand, they will find themselves in a much better working environment.

If the new contracts are as good as Jeremy Hunt suggests, why are the NHS Trust managers not selling it to their junior Doctors ? Surely the Doctors are on better terms with local management, so it easier to resolve in every local area.

They are quoting normal shift patterns for NHS nursing staff...who seem to manage on far less than the junior doctors get.

The more you quote stuff at me the more I can refute the allegations on both sides.

I am NOT getting into any further discussions about the rights and wrongs of shift patterns and quality of life for junior doctors.

Working in payroll isn't the same as dealing and caring for patients sillygirl. As for your comment that doctors don't understand their rota, as a former nurse I can tell you that payroll frequently under paid me and on one occasion it took the best part of a year to get the money back and by this time i hadnt been an NHS employee for 6 months. So perhaps your a bit to quicj to point the finger.

I've worked in NHS Payroll and know how much the doctors get extra, and have had junior doctors not being able to understand that they get paid MONTHLY even though their rotas are over SIX weekends!

A lot of the 'new breed' of junior doctors have been hot-housed through school and college and university and have done little or no day to day work before hitting the wards, so it is a shock to their systems that they are NOT put first and they have to actually give something back in the way of their skills.

I am NOT in support of their actions at all.

They are quoting normal shift patterns for NHS nursing staff...wseem to manage on far less than the junior doctors get.

The more you quote stuff at me the more I can refute the allegations on both sides.

I am NOT getting into any further discussions about the rights and wrongs of shift patterns and quality of life for junior doctors.

Your probably not going to reply as you seem very angry at people supporting doctors. However I must point out that my husband is a full time NHS employee and although he has worked 12 hour shifts, hes not at work 48 hours per week. He works 37.5 hours plus his lunch break so what hospital do you work for where non doctors are at work 48 hours?