You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Damn. I always thought that they had to provide with Notice of default prior to a charge being applied and not apply the charge and we will also include it on the statement.
    • Yes, I am in contact with the other people that have bought puppies. I can start to build that file of evidence. The surgery is booked for next Monday, which gives me time to receive the written quotations and send the letter with 48 hours notice. I've already got the quotes over the phone so hopefully won't take too long to receive them in writing. Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it.
    • http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/14/section/12   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/14/section/11
    • correction.. There is a note on the end of the statement that states: "Notice of Default Sums - This notice is being given to you under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because you have incurred one or more default charges ("Default Sums"). The default charges are displayed within the transnational section above. This Notice does not take into account default sums, which we have already told you about in another Default Sum Notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid" Is this enough or should it be separate notice?
    • I think you should limit your claim to immediately foreseeable damages. Make it clear in your letter of claim that there are further questions to be asked and that you are reserving the right to deal with those if they arise at a later date. You better make sure that this is all extremely well documented at every step of the way. They may put their hands up to the first claim – the second claim for £2000 is a very high figure. You will need to show in a very convincing way that the puppy carried this defect or a potential for this defect when it was delivered to you and that you have taken all reasonable and rapid steps to deal with the problem and to mitigate it as much as possible and as quickly as possible. You say you've already booked the work in. I think should hold fire until you have received two quotations and given them both to the seller – and then in respect of those quotations, give the seller a very short amount of notice to respond – maybe 48 hours if you are communicating by email – and then in any event 14 days or you will start the action. If they want to put their heels in, then you can expect this to take at least six months or longer to get this initial claim sorted out. Have you any idea about the other puppies and whether they were sold? You need to emphasise that these people are trading and if you have information as to the other puppies – for instance if you were offered a selection and you chose one, then that will help you. If you can find advertisements for the puppies then get copies of them – in other words build up a substantial file on every aspect of what has happened and also the seller.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
loudand

Default placed in error CONFIMRED by BT- Compensation?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1554 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

There was a default placed on my credit file by BT for an old account which was legitimately closed down in August 2014. I sent an email directly to Libby Barr of BT Consumer and the complaint was sent to BT's Executive Level team later that day. BT confirmed straight away that it shouldn't of been there and the account was not closed down correctly on their part and it left an outstanding balance which then defaulted. They also confirmed that there was not any correspondence sent out.

BT have sent me an email confirming that the default is going to be removed.

Recently we were declined for a mortgage due to this default being registered within 2 years which is a stipulation of the lenders criteria. It wasn't picked up on the decision in principle as they used Experian for the DIP however it was picked up on Equifax for the full application.

This has set us back a number of weeks and there is a chance the seller could walk away not to mention the stress it has caused.

I'm just after some advice with regards to compensation, do you think I'd have a chance of being offered some and how would you play it?

Thanks