• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Purchase of a Custom Shotgun

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning Caggers

some information and help here if possible.

In January 2016 this year, I placed an order with my local gun shop for the purchase of a one off hand built Custom Shotgun to be delivered by end of March.

I agreed a deposit of £1000 (Total price of £13800) and paid this using a VISA debit card as a goodwill gesture to the gunshop for the purchase.

Unfortunately,

I have had to press both the importer and the gunshop for information on the gun

as my clay pigeon shooting season begins this coming weekend

and it looked like the delay of the gun would not be in time for my first big competitions.

At every turn,

they have told me that the item was delayed and they didn't know when it would be delivered.

I eventually got a verbal date of 29th March to 1st April,

and this date passed with not a sign of any information from either the shop or the importer.

Being incensed at this lack of customer service I called the importer

only for them to say the item had left the factory but they couldn't give me a delivery date.

I am completely distraught that nobody has kept me in the loop

and it is apparent that once I paid the deposit that nobody wanted to try

and help or get any information for me on my intended purchase.

At present, the shop holds my £1000 and I don't know where I stand in order cancelling the item,

and getting my deposit back. There was nothing in writing at all, only a gentlemans agreement.

Can anybody give me some advice on this please?

Many thanks to you all

I think that you should set about cancelling the agreement.

In order to do this, you should write them a letter and deliver it to them by hand if possible but also send it by recorded delivery.

In the letter you should outline exactly what the contract was about, what was paid and what was promised.

Tell them that now that "time is of the essence" and if you do not have the goods which were promised you within seven days then the contract is terminated and the if they will not refund your deposit that you will apply to your bank for chargeback.

If the gun does not turn up within the stipulated time, then do exactly as you have said.

After that time refused to accept it even if it is delivered.

Keep copies of everything including any certificates of posting and recorded delivery receipt.

Many Thanks for your rapid response. I have been told that the item will be delivered by tomorrow now

which puts me in a small predicament.

I neither have the time to write a letter and deliver it, nor do I want the gun.

This is a once in a lifetime event for me and should have been full of anticipation and positive energy.

Instead I have been left to chase them for information constantly as to its delivery.

As this was a gentlemans agreement,

can I simply apply to my bank for chargeback instead, without any paperwork?

I have nothing from the shop or the importer detailing the purchase or the order.

In essence I have paid them £1000 for nothing.

An unfilled order that is due to be fulfilled tomorrow,

but after the way I have been kept in the dark I simply want my money back.

Be careful, as you might have the shop taking you to court.

You ordered a 'one off hand built custom' gun to be delivered by the end of March.

If you did not stipulate that the gun had to be delivered by x date

or the contract would be void with a refund of the deposit, then you might struggle.

The gun if delivered tomorrow is only a week late and given that it is a special order that would have taken 3 months,

i don't think a Judge would see a week late in delivery is enough to void the contract.

Don't cancel and do the chargeback ( the Bank might not agree anyway).

Perhaps if you had a chance to inspect the gun,

there may be other reasons to reject the gun e.g quality or not built to specification ordered.

Don't make it sound like you have changed your mind over the purchase, because of a weeks delay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Here are the shops terms of cancellation;

Your Right of Cancellation

You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of seven working days after you receive the goods (see below).

A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.

To exercise your right of cancellation, you must notify us by hand or post, fax or e-mail,

at the address, fax number or e-mail address shown above,

giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery.

If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you,

you will be responsible for returning the goods to XXXXX at your own cost.

The goods must be returned to the address shown above.

You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.

Once you have notified XXXXXX that you are cancelling the contract, XXXXXX will refund

or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you

or debited from your credit card for the goods.

If you do not return the goods as required,

XXXXXX may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.

Did the shop apply these standard terms to your custom order ? If yes, then follow it. I seem to remember there having been court cases in regard to custom orders and these were seen in a different light, because the goods were not standard, so might not be easily resaleable or costs would have been incurred. But if your contract did not have specific terms applied, the cancellation seems to be straightforward.

I think you will need to take this up with the shop and see how you get on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Regarding the order,

I think that when I specify 'Custom' I may have used the term rather loosely.

The Gun in question is comes in 3 pieces.....Barrels.....Action....Wood Stock;

The barrels are off the shelf.

The action is engraved in a pattern as specified. (The factory has about 20 different engraving patterns).

The wood was already made and off the shelf.

I merely picked the components and it was assembled to order.

It can be disassembled and used on several different guns.

I specified the gun as I wanted it.

It has not been modified in any way to 'Suit' me and make it custom.

I have just been through all of the correspondence and there is no delivery date specified anywhere.

I do believe however, that the gun will fall under their 'Rights of Cancellation' as they have shown on the website.

If those are the cancellation terms applicable, then i can see no problem.