style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several months ago I received a court summons for Joe Smith, my name is Yux Smith — apart from the name, everything else is correct. I wrongfully ignored this summons and have since moved from this address. Could I face any repercussions for acting this way?

Edited by Movie

If its not you named on the summons then what are you worrying about?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I'm glad to hear this. I guess I thought Joe Smith is more than likely would have been convicted, and it may have been corrected to Yux Smith by some other form of authority for example during a DBS check

Edited by Movie

Have you checked on noddle and clearscore to see if its been registered to you?

If its not your name on the summons it shouldn't have but stranger things have happened

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Well I wish I could but I don't own any sort of debit/credit cards (for now). The only name I've ever used is Joe Smith. whereas my legal name is Yux Smith.

Court summons for what

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You dont need a credit/debit card, its free to register and see your files online.

Go check em

Hi Martin, thanks for your help. Unfortunately the creditscore checking methods weren't able to find nor identify me using my legal name. But for those of you who are still seeking further information regarding this matter, I'll update this thread once I've completed a DBS check.s

Why would you need to have DBS checks done?

Your only trying to get a look at your credit history, im certain you arent committing a crime in doing so

Movie, what was the court summons for?

Was it debt related or is it a crime related summons?

Some help please so we can advise properly

Hi Martin, it was a financial matter (with a large company) which carried a criminal conviction, in Essex — as stated on the court summons.

Edited by Movie

Ok we're getting closer, you are posting anonymously so nothing can identify you.

It would help if we had the full details, very difficult to advise anything on bits of a scenario.

Is it fraud related?

Ok we're getting closer, you are posting anonymously so nothing can identify you.

It would help if we had the full details, very difficult to advise anything on bits of a scenario.

Is it fraud related?

Hi Martin,

No, it wasn't fraud related. Actually it was a minor offense relating to transport. For example, from TFL or DVLA

Edited by Movie

so TFL train related I take it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So if you ignored a court summons for an offence which you could be convicted of, i suspect there may now be a warrant for your arrest?

Its pretty much impossible to give any constructive help when your being so vague

Did you not pay on a train and got caught?

So if you ignored a court summons for an offence which you could be convicted of, i suspect there may now be a warrant for your arrest?

Its pretty much impossible to give any constructive help when your being so vague

Hi Martin,

I would highly doubt this, but to be vigorous, I'll definitely check and update you on the status of this possibility tomorrow.

no good being secret squirrel

so i'll move you to the public transport forum

there you'll see 100's of threads there

whereby you'll see there is no need to hide anything bar pers details.

tell us the full story please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well movie we are pretty much fumbling in the dark and having to guess whats happened, apparently incorrectly, if you cant or wont let us know what has happened and what you need help with i dont see how any of us can help you

no good being secret squirrel

so i'll move you to the public transport forum

there you'll see 100's of threads there

whereby you'll see there is no need to hide anything bar pers details.

tell us the full story please

dx

Well (good assumptions) yes I was caught out & couldn't afford to pay the amount at the time.

The name Joe Smith (fake name), which I commonly use with anything that doesn't require a legal prove of identity,

is what was provided (instead of Yux Smith) when the inspector demanded the details.

Several months forward, a summons notice was mailed (to Joe Smith) which was never replied to,

though I've moved from that address & have never used the name Yux Smith

for anything such as electrol entries, billing, insurance or payments,

for any previous current or previous addresses.

My question, is

with the correct D.O.B, last name, Address,

would it still be possible or realistic to place a warrant/conviction on Yux Smith,

if Joe Smith was found guilty for this offense?

Edited by Movie

Highly unlikely i would have thought if joe smith was accepted as your name at the time

sorry but if they've sent a court summons

to the address you gave

and all that is different is the first name

the rest is correct.

they aint stupid and they know its you.

pers i'd go ring the court and ask.

so was this a single journey

or a pass misuse over time

what were/are you charged with ??

and they

sorry but if they've sent a court summons

to the address you gave

and all that is different is the first name

the rest is correct.

they aint stupid and they know its you.

pers i'd go ring the court and ask.

so was this a single journey

or a pass misuse over time

what were/are you charged with ??

Thats the problem. If they know it's me. Remember I've only been known or registered with anything previously as Joe Smith. Like Martin requested, I'll check for an arrest warrant on Yux Smith tomorrow.

Edited by Movie