DRP demand for unpaid parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking charge notice after inadvertently overstaying in Sainsburys car park in January.

Previously I have had a ticket whilst parked in a local Aldi and believing that it wouldn't be enforced

I ignored threatening debt recovery letters and they went away .

Hence I didn't worry and ignored this notice.

I then received demand for payment notice from DRP for £120 .

My husband told me he'd heard that things had changed and that I should have paid .

On the notice from DRP they quote "landmark decision " handed down 4th November 2015

in favour of parking operator who took motorist to court for non payment of parking charge

- it says that this is important test case due to complex legal arguments used by both sides.

This sounds very vague to me

- however I don't want to risk any consequences which might affect my credit rating or a court case .

Do I pay or not?

I have no valid excuse for overstaying- just didn't really realise the time .

I welcome advice!

Not how customers should be treated

You have ignored them this long so ignore some more unless court papers

Get in contact with sainsburys and cause them a head ACH you are their customer

It is THEIR problem to sort out

You were shopping in their store spending your money that is the excuse their loss is nothing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DR+ are the last hurrah for trying to get those who ignore the parking co's exhortations to pay up.

They have no rights or say in ANYTHING so you can ignore them completely.

Ask yourself why the bill is now £120?

Becasue they think that if you are dumb enough to believe them then you will pay a bit more on top.

They have no right to add a penny to the debt, even if it were real.

Also they dont have a consumer credit licence so if you paid them

and the debt was enforceable but they failed to pass the money on then you would still owe the money to the creditor

. Basically in law you would be gifting them the money.Nice people eh?

Thanks for replying,

I have been reading other threads about DRP to get more background info. I also looked up the Supreme Court case they referenced . As many threads on this site are started previous to this case I am still wondering if this has any relevance to my situation or is it a bluff? I will ignore DRP but at this late stage should I reply at all to original invoice, as I'm sure there is limit to time period for appeal.

Ignore DRP and if you want to do something, complain to sainsburys that this shower are demanding £120 for the privilege of spending money in THEIR store. Insist on written confirmation that you will not be pestered by DRP on this matter again or you will take your custom elsewhere and advise family and friends to do the same!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.