You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• hi guys, the only letter ive got is here for you to look over. 
    • I am sending the letters today.   Last question. Should i advise them in the letter that all payments are going to stop until they give the info requested or should i simply stop paying anyway from my Augusts due dates?   Do they have power to send bailif's etc proceed to court if i stop paying? they don't have my phone number which is good but i will expect letters once i dont pay
    • Hi can you give me the link please? I am new to this site and still trying to learn/navigate it
    • I've just looked again at the CCA and it looks like whoever has photocopied it has stuck a 'post-it' note over the credit limit and repayment details, so obscuring a lot of the wording on the form.
    • Hi   I have recently received a copy of my CCA for an old HSBC CC debt. This was apparently bought by Marlin in 2014 and I had previously (before it was sold to Marlin!) asked for a copy of CCA so it was in dispute. All had gone quiet until February this year. This is all complicated by the fact that in 2008 I was advised by Payplan to offer token payments to everyone.  I paid these by standing order and had actually forgotten about them. These continued until 2018  - I know! So it's not SB and wont be for a while Hindsight is a wonderful thing.    Cabot (claiming to be acting for Marlin - same company!) have appeared again with several letters so far and have recently involved their legal arm (Mortimer Clarke solicitors). After sending them a CCA last Friday,  as they were once again threatening legal action, today I was sent a copy of a CCA, the print was dated February 20 interestingly.  The time they decided to contact me again.   I am prepared to go to court over this if necessary. I can only pay what I can afford. As I owe a lot to other companies, some of who may have given up - I've only had a pre court letter earlier this year from MBNA who I asked for a copy of the CCA and heard nothing since, I really don't know where I stand with repaying any debts. I don't know what I owe or to who anymore. I have limited funds at the end of each month despite working full time. I had a small payout for PPI which I was considering putting towards the debts but was advised not to! Now as a lot of them have gone quiet again (for now) I don't want to get in touch with them.   With the CCA which all looks as it should. They  (Mortimer Clarke) have enclosed an income and expenditure form which they have asked me to complete in 14 days. The total amount is £3 k. What should I do now? I wonder why this has only just appeared after all this time. I can't give them £3k as I don't have it. If I did have it, then that wouldn't be fair to the other people I owe money to.   I am tempted to just ignore it and wait for them to take me to court  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
skot4th

Bed ordered online not arrived -beds.co.uk/Furniture Italia/ Premier Delivieries - sec 75?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1564 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Short Question

Can I seek a refund from my credit card company for items that haven't turned up? Would this be under Section 75?

Long Question

I ordered a new guest bed from beds.co.uk last week. We need it for this coming weekend as we have people coming over to stay in our new house.

Beds.co.uk require that you book a delivery date online with their delivery company Premier Delivieries (based out of the same address) once the order has been paid for and processed, which I did within 20 minutes. Although they offer free delivery for a weekday, for a Saturday delivery you have to pay an additional £9.95 (via paypal).

After paying my additional fee and selecting Saturday 2nd April for delivery I waited in all day, to find the bed hasn't turned up. I half expected this as after stumbling on some bad reviews under their other name Furniture Italia, I discovered that a lot of people have had items not turn up on the correct date. I even tried to contact them earlier this week to confirm delivery however they never answered the phone.

As I've spent over an hour and half today phoning them and their delivery company I decided to look at way's to get my money back. There's stories online of cancellation fees being charged and refunds taking weeks to appear.

As I paid the £230 for the bed on my Halifax credit card (Through a payment processing page / not paypal) can I approach them for a refund? Can I claim for this under section 75 as the item hasn't turned up?

Thanks

Scott

Yes – to pretty well everything you have asked.

If the bed is simply a stock item then you also have a right to reject it under the distance selling regulations as well as, in my view having a right to cancel the contract because of their serious breach – non-delivery.

Write them a letter immediately cancelling the entire contract and demanding a refund. Explain briefly exactly why you are taking the action.

Demand a refund immediately.

At the same time, contact your bank – who you will probably find will be less than helpful – and start putting into motion the business of cancelling the credit card payment and receiving a refund.

If you talk to anybody on the telephone then make sure that you have first implemented the advice in our customer services guide.

If there is any attempt to deliver the bed then simply refuse to accept it. Do not open the door to them. If you end up in some confrontation with a try to leave it in the garden then make sure you video everything on a phone.

You could also think about claiming compensation for the time that you have wasted waiting for the delivery – but it is probably so little that it is not worth it.