• Tweets

• Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
    • FFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdfFFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdf 2pages T&C,s UCM
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI rolled over loans. Incorrect APR Rates On Agreements

tigger74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started having a sort through old paperwork from the last 20 years, imagine my surprise about the gems one finds.

My first loan was with Barclays in 1996 for £1795.44 and PPI was added, I was self employed at the time.

The next loan was with Barclays in 1997 for £7273.40 and used to pay the previous balance off....

PPI added....I was still self employed

Then had an egg loan in 2000 for £5831 which was used to pay off the previous balance( PPI added).

The next egg loan was in 2002 for £15241.66 which was used to pay off the previous balance( PPI added). PPI settlement from egg on this back in 2012 for 6.5k.:)

The next loan was a Barclay loan in 2005 for £23331.36 and paid previous balance off and trip to AUS. no PPI on this one.

Renewed Mortgage and paid of previous Loan 2006 Chelt & G.

So at this moment is it worth firing off a claim for the first 2 Barclays loans ?

Egg is obviously done and dusted in settlement.:)

The next area that I have now noticed on the 23k Barclays loan, Is that the bank copy and my copy of agreements are different.

Also on both, Apr is shown as 7.9% that doesn't add up right to the payments 48 x £486.07= 7.767 % not 7.9 or am I looking at this wrong?

If the document has the wrong calculations what options are there ?

Tigs

no if they are all in a chain then its ONE CLAIM

have you all the statements?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Pretty Much, I have Got The agreements for all loans.

Bank statements wise, I have the ones up to egg Then odd ones around 2005. Switched to online around that time so didn't keep them.

Tigs

The Barclay loan for 7k doesn't show the original amount loaned against it. Simply states 4.5k on the loan statements. so even the statements are wrong that they produced ;p

Where the devil do i start with this lot...?

Tigs

time for an sar to Barclays

get everything you can FIRST

on all the loans

dx

and they

My SAR is outstanding since last year!!

I have never been contacted by Barclays to confirm the SAR is ready to collect from the branch, Its a complaint in waiting, as was requested to complain over excess charges and packaged ACC...

Barclays will be getting a lot of complaints on the way, am I right in thinking PPI claim/ Incorrect statements and Apr rates so a possible claim on this separate to the PPI?

Tigs

bit late now, water under the bridge for complaints on wrong apr etc

but worth a visit later

why not send a new sar?

and they

Will send them a letter on the outstanding information, or ask for my £10 back with interest. rofl wonder what the response would be.

Not until you start to look at these things with different eyes, that you see the mistakes they have made.

And since going to court with MK cow boys and Barclay Indian,s and seeing the games they played. That I now take more notice when I look at this stuff.

Currently starting to fill out the information I have , which is being honest about 99 percent what I need.

And managed to found out Barclays gave me a discount of £40 pounds for paying back the first loan 6 months early with PPi

tigs

Hi Tigger,

I'd send a Formal Complaint to Barclays London HQ, enclosing a copy of the original SAR request.

Tell them unless they reply to you within 14 days to explain why they've failed to comply with the SAR, and agree to respond properly to it now, you'll go to the ICO and take court action forcing compliance.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have sent a complaint Letter to the chief ex.

Complaining about Barclays conduct in relation to the SAR,

I Previously had a letter saying they would arrange to send the SAR to the branch in June 2015. ( Attached).

Also complained about the PPI & the false statements of account, that I have now discovered.

And also asking for the knock on effect, to the other loans to be addressed. ( Attached).

This is the golden nugget today :) :)

Barclays have replied to my on line complaint over PPI,

and they can confirm on checking my history I have never held PPI with them......

I have never had PPI on any of the loans which I have held with them ;p

ow dear the paperwork says different :)

Tigs

Hi Tigs,

Thanks for the update and let us know what comes back from the CEO's office.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a phone call from the CEO`S office Yesterday,

and must admit it shows the state of Barclays bank systems.

The Member of staff was very polite and professional, and explained that she had looked into the SAR documents, and the information was sent out to branch last July.

But the branch manager in his wisdom had returned the information to be destroyed because no one showed up to collect the information......

On being asked how I would know to collect the information the flaw in the system was discovered.... New SAR is being prepared and she will ring me to confirm the documents are in the branch and ready to collect, rather than let the branch mangers system help again...

In relation to the PPI, they will look into any complaints I have.

But they cannot calculate any figures directly, as it isn't her area for working out any redress.

But simply to act as a point of contact on a customer service side in relation to the CEO`s office.

I sent a recorded delivery letter yesterday with supporting documents requesting that Barclays refund the monies, and I have supplied them the calculations.

Must laugh today I have received another letter...

.They have reviewed the previous decision From last week and can confirm that I have never had a PPI policy with Barclays.

And included a letter to say the matter has been resolved and the complaint was not upheld"

because the bank has no records of any PPI policy being sold...on any of my loans..

So What options do I have ?

supply a third lot of documents showing I was charged for PPI,

the loan statements were wrong,

Apr was wrong,

complain again?

Or FOS and let them sort it out ( Hold my breath, or not).

Third option small claims court?

Tigs

Yep, all copies showed PPI added in the Loan agreement calculations.

Current account bank statements, showed the amount transferred in from the loans, and monthly amount paid out = the loan agreements + PPI.

Supplied copies of my loan statements which showed incorrect amount for starting loans...

Tigs

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally got my SAR documents from Barclays last Friday :),

but must admit waiting 45 minutes for the staff to find the documents was an absolute joke....

Having been contacted by Barclays ( by phone) they upheld my complaint

and agreed to Reimburse me £125 for the failing,

which they were going to pay into my current account.

I have sent a letter asking which account the monies are to be paid.

I have no open accounts to my knowledge, so have asked where and which account they are crediting.

I had a joint account attached to a mortgage which when the other party agreed to all liability's,

my understanding was that I should of been removed as was a mortgage reserve account.

Also on top of this Barclays have a closed current account with a balance on.

The Claim for PPI and interest is being reviewed, but per the Sar I now have statements back to about 1996

for the 3 Barclay loan payment amounts :)

I have got some concerns on this one which will complicate it,

if Barclays try and pull the offset rule on the Current account,

then my claim will clear this and leave a nice sum over:)

I cant see The PPI claim not paying as the Loan statements are wrong to the agreements ( 1996/1997).

Which even if they try and pull state barred dribble,

im sure this can be countered with another section of the same act.

But what if they try buying back the MKDP debt which was dismissed last year

& was a mercers defaulted Barclaycard debt.

The Sar paperwork shows Barclays sold the debt off mid court claim,

that cant be allowed for a debt to be sold during a court claim?

Tigs

Hi Tigs,

Can you tell us more about the debt; who started the court action; when was the a/c sold; sold from whom to whom; how was the claim resolved ?

The debt was x Barclaycard,

it was assigned to MKDP,

whom issued court proceedings as the legal owner,

the SOA according to the sar paperwork from Barclays was agreed after the court case was issued.

Barclays still added the balance of the court fee to the SOA, in their paperwork.

Some SAR sections seem to be missing entries....

. wonder why....

the details of these agreements obviously we are not allowed to see...

The claim was dismissed by the courts,

claimant (MKDP).

The mercers Default notice stuffs them on this one

,they didn't issue a correct default notice before court action...

Tigs

If BC sold the debt to a third party, BC relinquished their rights to the debt. Unless they repurchase the a/c, they can't withhold or set off part of a refund that's now due to you.

However, they may not see it that way. Also, if the FOS are involved at all, they will say the bank has a right to set off in respect of an unpaid a/c balance. That would certainly be the opinion of an Adjudicator but I had such a decision overturned when reviewed by an Ombudsman a few years back.

The fact that the court claim was dismissed just means MKDP couldn't get the court's backing to enforce the debt. But the debt still exists and, if BC repurchase the a/c, they would have the right to set off from a PPI refund.

My gut feeling on what I have read about FOS is they are not impartial. seems to be one or two case where the banks have been caught talking to the FOS before replying to complaints from customers...

My gut tells me, court and set it out right, and argue away.

In effect Barclays have been caught yet again deceiving its customers, with loans back from 1997.

They hide the PPi from monthly statements,so in effect if you didn't have the PPi paperwork, or agreement. You would not of known about PPI being paid, as it wouldn't show. How many people have they done this two.

If we take into account an invalid default notice, In case law the redress was set at 1k ( Neutral Citation Number: [2011] EWCA Civ 1187 case no : b2/2010/1463)

my understanding of this ruling was that if proper procedure wasn't followed. then they could not claim any offset.

The default notice was invalid and, court action taken. ( they are stuffed) They would not be able to offset, surely the procedure wasn't followed correctly meaning they cannot offset.?

FOS wouldn't be able to award against a previous court order for dismissal in relation to another matter.

FOS say on the dribble....they wont get involved if court action has previously happened, that precludes them from awarding against the courts?

seems to be one or two case where the banks have been caught talking to the FOS before replying to complaints from customers

unsurprising. i think there was someones thread on it, where they had been caught out.

Barclays are a complete shambles of an outfit, absolutely incompetent organised company...

Having updated my address details yet again on the 29th April for the 5th time in the branch, with my passport. This outfit still claim I don't live at my current address and my PPI claims will be closed...

My question is can I bill them for my wasting my time, on the 29th April ( 40 minutes in the branch, walking to and from the branch 20 minutes + driving 1 mile each way).. Obviously I need to go in yet again with my passport so bill them for this next trip... send the complaint to the head office?

Hi Tigs,

Don't attempt to bill Barclays for wasting your time but seek compensation for the time and effort you have wasted in dealing with the branch.

Go back to the CEO office by letter stating that, despite their previous intervention, you continue to receive the most awful service from your branch and you should be compensated for the time and effort wasted in dealing with what should be simple matters.

Tell them you want the branch to acknowledge that you live at your current address and deal with your PPI claim without further delay.

If you want, you could insist on a written reply. But you could leave that out if you're happy to have HQ call you like last time.

I have had 2 calls today, and 2 emails from Barclays over the compensation for the SAR and my request for where the monies have gone..

Barclays seem to show an open joint account, which should of been closed in 2014, they have agreed to close it, which I think they have dropped a... because was attached to a mortgage, and all liability's where transferred to my x and court paperwork shows this....

The account they have confirmed will be closed, and the monies paid to my Santander account.. fingers crossed this will happen :)

Just spoke to the ombudsman, and as I have no current open accounts seems cant progress a complaint that way for the address issues.

Looks like another letter from me to the London HQ then , so I have 2 PPI claims, 1 sar dispute, 1 address dispute, 1 other ongoing which is a side line,lol

cheers for the help slick :) will send letter as advised

tigs