• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you don't have to wait 6 months to get paid since your last WCA decision before reclaiming?

NB - also you can go on EPS if you feel you exhausted ESA process rem it for 13 weeks then if your still unfit for work you should be redirected back to ESA

"If i decide to claim JSA i am going to use their rules guidance against them as much as i possibly can , that will mean doing nothing that isn't mandatory,

no giving them my E-mail login ,

not using the job search web site to apply /seek work,

not accepting the default 90mins travel time from home,

in the Job seekers agreement ,

demanding that the work search be restricted and not using their electronic signaturelink3.gif devices"

one thing tho don't bite the hand that feeds you (I say in a somewhat sarcastic tone)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you don't have to wait 6 months to get paid since your last WCA decision before reclaiming?

NB - also you can go on EPS if you feel you exhausted ESA process rem it for 13 weeks then if your still unfit for work you should be redirected back to ESA

They changed the rules last year

So that you cannot re claim esa for the same conditions unless there has been a worsening of those conditions or you have new conditions , under the old system, by the time most had gone to tribunal and where unsuccessful they were able to re claim for the same conditions again without a break in esa payments ,

IDS didn't like that idea So he moved the goal posts ,Firstly by changing the wording of several of the descriptors and removing some used in the WCA, For the sole purpose of increasing the numbers they could find fit for work, and then by introducing the MR process and also stopping payment of esa until MR was processed in a bid to force the masses onto JSA , knowing full well that many would be sanctioned within the first few months whilst waiting for the MR result

They IMO have gone to devious lengths at the expense of the sick &disabled in order to save err,well nothing significant , just cause unnecessary hardship ect to some of the weakest in society

they disgust me

@ jason2723637 My reply to your second part

Most go for the MR then if they don't change their minds to tribunal , Though i doubt there would anything technically stopping someone making a new claim in that way for a new or worsening condition , though it would probably result in the same outcome, Maximus are no different to Atos in the way they carry out the WCA

"They IMO have gone to devious lengths at the expense of the sick &disabled in order to save err,well nothing significant , just cause unnecessary hardship ect to some of the weakest in society

they disgust me"

yup.....

also when you claimed for the worsening condition was it straight forward actually reclaiming as in did you call them up on the normal ESA claim number and if so did they ask if this was your first time claiming ESA or not or was you directed to the customer services number first to discuss the worsening condition just wondering

iirc, i rang them on their normal number for esa, then sent a fit note as i was reporting a new condition they dealt with it in that way no extra hoops

Just received the decision makers report ESA 65& Maximus ESA 85 and there are some totally incorrect assumptions like Apparently i choose not to do something that involves walking around, like shopping ect,

And although i suffer incontinence once a month i'm only really at risk of that if i don't find a toilet quickly enough ,

i also sat for some 49mins at the wca apparently when the recording is only 39mins in total (can be heard ) and i was asked to stand up a short time before this ,

Maximus are just as bad if not worse, The format in the report has changed somewhat and is imo more confusing as they no longer show the descriptors as they used to do,

They probably get a bonus if they meet the government targets, on getting a majority through the WCA process within the 13week time frame,And possibly another based on the number they find fit for work

After a scrutinising the reports a bit more , It seems to be somewhat contradictory in some areas ,and i should of been awarded more points than i have been, as they can't accept evidence that would qualify someone points and then not give them , which is what appears to of happened ,

The CAB case worker has said although on paper i qualify for the support group in reality thinks i should qualify for the WRAG group,and have a fair chance at the MR stage of getting that,

Yeah it may save having to have to go through the tribunal process yet again, and due to the cuts in funding there isn't likely going to be any representation by a CAB worker, Though they will still be able to provide a written representation

Yes As i have done exactly this ,I wonder how long before they attempt to change it?

The older rules , you didn't have to wait 6 mths if you had a new condition , Further back still in the days of( IB ) incapacity benefit your rate would increase after iirc 6 months even if you had not had the F2F by then (no pre assessment rates then) the F2F dodgy medical wasn't (descriptors and criteria) wasn't as harsh back then either So most had a fair chance of getting 2yrs on IB Without having to appeal, If you returned to work prior to a determination you could reclaim (continue that claim) at any point if within 12mths

So if you say had got awarded 2yrs off work at the F2F and any time before your next F2F you decided to try going back to work, and after a few days ,weeks or months found you could;t reliably do it, you could as far as i know re start the old claim

Also if you failed at the F2F and you needed to make a new claim within iirc 3mths your benefit was paid at the same rate as it was previously higher rate after 6mths ect

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about this for some time ,as there doesn't seem to be any concise information readily available regarding the rules /regulations of JSA, ie what is mandatory and what isn't

From the claimant commitment to electronic signing there are a number of things that many JCP work coaches will attempt to foister upon those who are not aware of what they can and can't be mandated to do, this info being in one place it think would be very valuable especially to those who were found fit for work after attending the Maximus WCA (F2F farce) as well as those who have never claimed JSA previously

Would it be possible to do this and give it a sticky ?

There are several topics that in part cover this scenario of those who are claiming ESA WRAG

Being mandated to attend the WP providers place of business and participation in the WP but most of the info is not current legislation , I have found very little about it on the WWW

apart from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-programme-dwp-provider-guidance

Surely there must be more info available in the public domain , therefore if anyone can help with this it would be i'm sure be appreciated by anyone affected by this cruel regime ?

http://www.citizensadviceipswich.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/3D-Project-Ips-CAB-and-ISCRE-TDE.pdf

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/reasonable_adjustments_for_jsa_a

2 links there which may help those who struggle like myself. Seems you have to tell your work coach what is available and not the other way around. Crazy that you have to trawl the net to get the help needed and it not be offered.

What i would really like to know is WHY do JCP staff act like robots when it comes to using UJ what is so wonderfully spectacular about it, apart from them being able to mandate you to create a UJ and use it as a way to persecute those that should be on ESA ?

Then there's the delay in them actually making a payment some 3 working days after your signing day so can be 5 actual days later , i see my EPS being used very soon, unless i win the lottery,

• 3 weeks later...

Well after Some 6 weeks of starting a new claim (under duress) for JSA I have been mandated to create a UJ account ,which they use as a tool to enable them to increase the number of hoops they expect you to jump through

As a result they rip up the original CC and write a new one with more hoops , Some which i never agreed to and wasn't even told about,

But the best about it is that the CC both copies are incorrectly dated and totally unsigned by the work coach or me,

I'm sure that i read somewhere that if this isnt signed then they cannot enforce it, or sanction for not complying with the agreement that i did not make, is this correct?

As above, i received the ESA85 bundle and a letter from the DWP some 5-6weeks ago and gave them to my CAB adviser, who said they would send it as soon as ,

But when i checked with the DWP to confirm that they have it , they say none? If it turns out that for some reason it hasn't been sent , what the state of play ,as it ain't down to me that they haven't received it

Seeing as you have to agree to a CC, if you have not signed it, how have you agreed it?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well I and you both know this , but do the goons at the DWP ?

She got a little flustered due to me insisting on signing on using pen and paper,

and because she had gone into driod mode briefly

Re the use of the My work plan book, (that i have not so far used)

she was implying it was needed as evidence,

but i had to remind her it wasn't mandatory to use it, nor did i have to even write my job search activities on paper,

as i could give my evidence of job search verbally if i wished,

She then said well if you are able to remember details of the searches on UJ ect and details of any jobs you apply for, fine but if you can't she implied that she may have to raise a doubt, & i could end up being sanctioned ( usual bullying tactics)

I can see me using my 13 weeks EPS already have fit note listing same conditions that i was claiming esa for should i need it, but i was wanting to use as a last resort , because there is not time constraints of decision makers to process MR's

Some further info,the written MR request was sent by CAB back in April, Prior to that i had in fact already verbally requested an MR on the phone to the DWP decision making team or whatever they call themselves hence having the ESA65 -85 delivered shortly afterwards

Send these [edited] a SAR which is free, and have them send you everything the hold on you regarding your dealings with them.

This is just another deliberate attempt by them to frustrate your legal right to have a MR, it isn't the first, nor will it be the last time, in which they deliberately 'lose' paperwork, inform your local MP also, and have them account for why this government department is so corrupt in it's dealing with the weakest poorest members of society.

If your goon is a Tory, then don't hold your breath, they'll just wheel out the usual lies and tell you what you want to hear.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Local Goon is LIB Dim so a tory in all but name, and quite useless TBH, I won't forget or forgive them for 5yrs of hell 2010-2015 of their demolition of the NHS and Benefits system

Thing is it's not only paperwork they the person who i spoke to from the DWP was told that i wanted an MR ,there should be a recording of the call, even though it wasn't one of their main call centres as it was a normal local geographic number

Doesn't matter, send them a SAR https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-request-for-personal-information and demand that they provide copies of ALL of your telephone conversations with them also.

In future, unless you can record your telephone conversations with them, then at the very least, note the time, and date, you rang, plus the telephone jockeys name.

Try and keep everything in writing so you have a paper trail of evidence, there is NO need to send anything recorded delivery, just ensure you obtain 'Proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, that is all the evidence you will need.

Having fought these criminals for over three years before they finally capitulated, there is nothing they will not do in order to frustrate and deliberately ignore your legal rights to be treated as a human being, they are morally bankrupt!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have time date and telephone number called and if i can find the letter the name of who i spoke to ,But cab are sending a copy of the original they claim they didn't receive,

And it's looking like I'll be using my fit note for EPS ,as i can see that the work coach is all too ready to ramp up my job seeking activities, from the unsigned by them or me Claimant commitment , which contained one or two steps that wasn't discussed or agreed,

All I can say is to record EVERYTHING, keep copies of who you speak with and the content of that conversation IF you're unable to record it somehow.

Well my cc was amended without any protest ,So no need as yet to break out the fit note just yet

Whilst i was waiting i overheard one work coach misleading a job seeker into believing that they had to upload their cv onto the universal jobmatch site, I felt like going over and telling the poor guy that that isn't mandatory and he was being misled,

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word edited.

Found out via the JC that the MR has now been done and a case of decision not been revised, So a tick box exercise then without them even reading it otherwise they would of spotted their error in the number of points they awarded ,

once i get the decision notice i will be registering an appeal,

i need to get off JSA they know i have mobility issues yet insist on calling me in nearly each week ,

I mentioned going EPS and was told that they can still mandate you to come in and sign on every 2 weeks ,

This I'm not convinced is the truth were the reason they are claiming JSA using EPS is for issues that affect their mobility ?

Criminal isn't it, I hope you are keeping your MP informed and demanding they answer for their departments continued attack on the weakest poorest members of society?