• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Banned by Amazon for returning faulty goods

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AN AMAZON customer who returned 37 items over 15 years has been banned from the site and had his gift card balance taken away.

He insists there was a genuine reason for all his returns over the past two years – the goods were either faulty, damaged or not as described.

However, Amazon has refused to let him continue buying from the site without giving him, in his words, a “proper explanation”.

Amazon told Nelson that the money held on his account as a gift card balance is lost to him, as gift vouchers can only be used on the site and have no transferable value.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/mar/18/banned-by-amazon-returning-faulty-goods-blocked-credit-balance

This is very worrying and I think that people who use Amazon should consider where they purchase in future.

Greg Nelson has bought 343 items from the online giant since 2014. But after sending 37 back he is now blocked from using it and can’t reclaim his credit balance

It is very wrong that they wont refund the balance of the gift vouchers because someone has already paid money up front for that !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have restrictions on my ebay account as they say my wife abused the buyer protection after sending back only 3 items. they restricted my account for 90 days so I could sell only and now I still have no buyer protection so I cannot raise a claim at all. The would not explain why except they said I had similar buying trends so they couldnt rule out my wife owning both accounts. total load of rubbish. I have 100% positive feedback (391) since 2003 but this doesnt matter apparently.

When I buy it still tells me I am protected but if I try and raise a case it says "We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, you're no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee"

AN AMAZON customer who returned 37 items over 15 years has been banned from the site and had his gift card balance taken away.

The 37 returned items are since 2014, not over 15 years. That's probably a lot more than the average customer returns.

Amazon can be very difficult to deal with especially when they are in the wrong. My own experience is one where I bought from a trader who probably sold elsewhere the only item he had, which I had bought and then refused to supply the item even though he was contractually obliged to do so. Amazon in their wisdom ignored my instruction that the trader could not unilaterally cancel the contract and told the trader I was cancelling the order against my express instruction.

The best I can get from Amazon now is their legal department postal address in Luxembourg.

I have returned faulty items in the past and have been pleased with the return process but I clearly need to be careful!

The 37 returned items are since 2014, not over 15 years. That's probably a lot more than the average customer returns.

It does not actually state a period for the 37 items returned.....He bought 246 items in 2015 alone and 343 in total..since he became a customer in 2006.

The article tends to contradict itself...

" Greg Nelson has bought 343 items from the online giant since 2014. But after sending 37 back he is now blocked from using it and can’t reclaim his credit balance "

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Whilst the thread is about Amazon - I think the inclusion of a post regarding ebay is not irrelevant, although it would be good to stick to the topic :) . These are both large online companies who are difficult to deal with via their customer service centres and also seem to arbitrarily close customer/trader accounts without any explanation. Both of them also seem to hold on to money - whether it is by credit/gift voucher balances, which is not theirs.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

sent back faulty item, they said post returns label on site = yes but no postage for the faulty goods, so sent anyway, refund of item but not the returns postage, they did not want to know, so avoid where I can these days!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I'm sorry some people have had problems with Amazon returns - both they and their associates have always been excellent over the last few years since first purchase - buy something through them most months and have only ever had 4 problems - one book was supposed to be in stock, when it wasn't, one set of glasses had one broken, a delivery company lost a tiny package somewhere in their van and I had a pack of leaking tomatoes. In all cases the issue was sorted immediately with no hassle and my money was refunded in full or replacement goods sent same day. I read some of the reviews on the Amazon site and can't believe some of the ignorant comments some people make (I'm not saying your complaints aren't justified, but if you check the item before buying you tend to have a good idea of whether it is likely to fit your needs). From the seller's viewpoint, I offered a book, clearly stated to be an old library copy and the woman who wanted it as a birthday present complained because it wasn't new! I asked Amazon, who advised me as a good will gesture to accept the return, which I did, but that still rankles as I was seriously out of pocket with postage and packing charges. My biggest hassle with Amazon at present is that fragile items are often sent in huge carrier boxes with insufficient padding, so they can easily get damaged.

I have never really had a problem with Amazon and upon any occasions that they have asked for further information, I have pointed them to the relevant part of consumer law.

I do tend to think that Amazon need to be on solid ground with sellers and just refunding with out just cause is not in their interest, regardless of their charter with the customer.

When any company has a no quibble guarantee, it is within their right to refuse to serve a customer,

How about this; I as a customer return a lot of items to different sellers through Amazon and yet those same sellers do not have items returned by other people. This could of course be the fact that most people buy crap, then right it off without saying a word or it could be that the sellers items are pretty reliable. Amazon, not having a suitable explanation or a reference to the law feel the customer is being difficult and restricts/stops the account. There maybe even a section in the T&C;s stating any points can be removed under certain conditions, or it is a computer error that when an account is stopped, anything associated with that account is also stopped. Not a human fault but a program error.

The main problem as I see it, is that there is a lack of information with regards to the 37 items returned, so no one can really comment. This is just headline grabbing and probably, as with 99% of news articles, is complete misleading rubbish.

I think if I'd had to return that many things over such a period, I'd ban myself from buying anything else from the site!

I think if I'd had to return that many things over such a period, I'd ban myself from buying anything else from the site!

This is exactly my thought.

If he had returned the items because he changed his mind (as he is entitled to do), then ok - but he says they were all damaged / not fit for purpose. If 10% of what I purchased from, say, John Lewis was not fit for purpose and had to go back, I doubt I'd still be shopping there.

Something doesn't add up in my mind - reckon there's a little more to this than we're being told.

they tried that by sending an email asking me to take a survey, which I gladly did, because i was probably close to that amount of returns in a shorter time, but I castigated them verbally and have always given them strong reasons why some of the Crap they sometimes sell, is not worth the postage and packing they charge, especially from CHINA, don't get me started .

I have banned myself from Amazon after very poor customer service.

One trader insist they sent me the right item when it was not and insist I have to pay to return it.

Another trader insisted my item had been delivered when it had not. Their tracking system also said it had been delivered but it had not. I had paid extra for next day delivery.

It was delivered several days later.

They should stick to selling books as was always happy with the service I received.

I have similar stories with eBay. Item arrived faulty. I had to pay for return and was promised a replacement. Item was then out of stock.

I no longer use this type of faceless shopping channel.

Legally consumers have a right to cancel if ordering over the Internet.

I regularly buy from M&S who have no problem refunding returned items, how ever many that is.

Sports Direct are another store I've had shoddy service from too. Sending items I've not ordered and then not accepting return via a high street store insisting I pay for the return. Bonkers.

I have similar stories with eBay. Item arrived faulty. I had to pay for return and was promised a replacement. Item was then out of stock.

The law states that the seller is to pay for the return, not you.

Whenever I buy off Ebay, I refuse to rate a seller until I know the goods are in perfect condition. Similarly I will always leave bad feedback on Amazon if a seller is rubbish, but conversely I will do the opposite if a seller is good.

Whenever anyone shops on line, the mantra "buyer beware" should be foremost in the purchasers mind. A lot of things sold on both Ebay and Amazon are through drop shipping where the seller thinks they are not directly responsible for poor quality goods, given they never actually see the product. There margins are small and even the price of returning an item can wipe out their profits.

People should be aware of who they are buying from and always check the seller information.

Amazon have always listened to what I have said, but conversely they are also known for having bad judgement in some cases. The facts do need to be known before a balanced point of view can be put forward.

The law states that the seller is to pay for the return, not you.

I thought the law states that the seller must refund the initial postage cost to you, but the seller can force you to pay for the return postage (but only if they stated as such before the sale, else they must cover it)

Though suspect that's only the case for non-faulty returns

Amazon are becoming increasingly dodgy. If you even complain too much they will sneakily delete much of your words, even if there was nothing actually offensive in it. Check out the `Amazon logistics delivery Times ` complaints. Their logistics delivery branch is awful, but Amazon has been deleting much of the discussion, while ignoring the actual problem.

I don`t use their logistics any more, preferring to wait longer using the post office and I am looking fo alternatives to Amazon.

p.s. 37 items returned over 15 years is not that much...

Edited by seafireliv

Why treat Amazon any different to any retail outlet. If I get bad service that's it, I shop elsewhere. I did read a campaign by a chap who is trying to "punish" Amazon for "not paying tax"? he is deliberately ordering and returning items. A private business can stop selling to whomever it wants as long as one of the "isms" is not involved. I feel bad sometimes using Amazon in the knowledge a high street shop is losing the trade from me but the fact is Amazon are very good and in these days of so-called austerity I will save on cost for goods.

The Grauniad article makes it abundantly clear that the customer registered an Amazon account 14 years ago and has returned 37 items in the past two years. The article also states that the customer has purchased 343 items, though perhaps due to lousy subbing, it isn't clear if that total accrued in the past two years or over the full 14.

But that's by-the-by. The key stats are 37 returns in 24 months. Wow. That's some going. I've been a registered Amazon customer since 2002. I have no idea how many items I've purchased in that time -- many, many hundreds -- but I do know I've had legitimate cause to return four. 4 returns in 168 months.

I've also been a registered eBayer since 2001, buying and selling hundreds of items in those 15 years. In that time I've found it necessary to give just one neg and to return just three items.

I don't count myself as being extraordinarily lucky with my purchases. Rather, I reckon I'm just an average Amazon customer / eBay member.

Where the allegedly vexatious Amazon customer is concerned, this individual is either the unluckiest individual there's ever been, or her / his transactional expectations have been consistently unreal. If I was running a pub and the same customer kept coming in to order a beer, taste it, and then rejecting it because it wasn't any good, I'd ban that individual from ever entering my premises again: I'm running a pub, not a product research laboratory set up for the benefit of someone on a free ride.

Where eBay is concerned, those who sell on it can be as good, bad or ugly as those who sell on Amazon -- or on any street market, anywhere, seeing as how the latter are the real-world forerunner of both. Nowadays I actually use eBay more than Amazon, because unless I'm after the back-up to be derived from a purchase that's direct from Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon then it's plain daft to fall for Amazon's £20 order minimum when an easy cross-check of the item on side by side browser pages will show that the same Amazon seller is also on eBay, selling the same item most usually (a) for less and, even more significantly (b) post free.

One of the things most noticeable, back in the days of eBay's help-each-other forums -- killed off by eBay on the obvious though unstated grounds that it exists to take commission, not criticism -- was the sheer number of buyers who really shouldn't be let out on their own: failure to read a listing; failure to research a seller's ID history, location, and feedback record; failure to take even the most elementary self-protection. There's no reason to think that type of buyer has vanished.

What surprises me about this thread is that some posters seem to regard buying from an Amazon seller as the same as buying from Amazon. Of course it isn't. Rather, it's the exact same as buying from an eBay seller, the only difference being that you can't, ever, buy anything from eBay anyway; you can only buy on eBay.

As for Amazon's banned customer, his Amazon vouchers are void because his customer account is void. He may well have a legitimate argument in regard to that aspect but as the Grauniad article fails to state the amount involved here -- a fiver? Or £50? -- then who knows the scale of loss? It's up to him to take action for recovery. Whether or not he goes through 37 different law firms over the next 24 months will, of course, be his decision .

I thought the law states that the seller must refund the initial postage cost to you, but the seller can force you to pay for the return postage (but only if they stated as such before the sale, else they must cover it)

Though suspect that's only the case for non-faulty returns

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. You are quite correct of course in your assumption that non-faulty goods are at your own expense. You should not lose out financially as a result of a breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by the seller.

Some interesting comments here but.......

different purchases need to be considered differently.

My wife has purchased a number of items via Amazon and has been had to return some items. I suspect that some retailers do actually understand that purchasing clothes shoes etc (ladies obviously) is often very subjective and someone may well wish to 'take at look at' 2 different items - may return 1 keep 1 etc

Recently my wife ordered a leather belt - advertised as XS (i.e. extra small - 26" to 28") and it measured 31" to the first hole and 40" overall. Also the colour was somewhat different than the photographs (looked gold / brass and is stainless). This is perhaps a mistake or genuine misrepresentation. The goods have been returned (yesterday) and I await the final outcome.

As a 'purchaser' I'd perhaps like the seller get a rap on the knuckles and not get a 'bad point' against my wife's account

Edited by peterhw
typo

Why treat Amazon any different to any retail outlet. If I get bad service that's it, I shop elsewhere. I did read a campaign by a chap who is trying to "punish" Amazon for "not paying tax"? he is deliberately ordering and returning items. A private business can stop selling to whomever it wants as long as one of the "isms" is not involved. I feel bad sometimes using Amazon in the knowledge a high street shop is losing the trade from me but the fact is Amazon are very good and in these days of so-called austerity I will save on cost for goods.

Sometimes, comments like this make me wonder if Amazon are also using `shills` to speak positively for their company on other websites...