Cabot...Disputed Catalogue Debt - Warrant of Goods Issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You dont submit them to the Bailiffs ...they must go to the court (either hand delivered or by email)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

just to check, an N244 goes to local court or Nothamton bulk center

Regards

Depends under what circumstances and if your claim has been transferred out of Northampton.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Just an update....forms were received by courts (bailiffs submitted the email copies for me & I posted to be on safe side) Application made to set decision aside and has been accepted by court.

Hearing will take place end of July. Have had no further letters or contact from bailiffs thankfully. Am hoping that someone from Cabot will turn up & have to prove who took this debt out and when. Just have to keep fingers crossed for a successful outcome now.

Am incredibly grateful for all the time and effort you have all so kindly given to me. I can sleep at night now 😊

Just an update....forms were received by courts (bailiffs submitted the email copies for me & I posted to be on safe side) Application made to set decision aside and has been accepted by court.

Hearing will take place end of July. Have had no further letters or contact from bailiffs thankfully. Am hoping that someone from Cabot will turn up & have to prove who took this debt out and when. Just have to keep fingers crossed for a successful outcome now.

Am incredibly grateful for all the time and effort you have all so kindly given to me. I can sleep at night now 😊

As a regular contributor on here, I am always pleased when a poster returns to the forum to provide an update. Thank you for doing so.

Hope all goes well

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You should spend your time making sure you have everything you need to try & prove your case. It could be of course the other side may not turn up. If you do win then would suggest you ask if you can claim your costs back or at the very least the costs of the day.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

I have finally got an update on this case. Was due to be heard in court in July but the courts kindly adjourned until today as was hospitalised.

Cabot did not send a representative for the first hearing in July, but I was really shocked to discover one sitting in the court when I arrived this morning...wasn't expecting anyone to attend for Cabot.

For anyone else in the same position I was in then please don't be afraid of the process, or let anyone intimidate you to back down. The Judge was very nice and made me feel at ease.

Cabot's only defence was that they felt I'd not done enough to prove the debt wasn't mine, and that the courts acted illegally by allowing me to file for the set aside because they felt I was filing it to be malicious.

I did everything you all advised and took every copy of every letter sent disputing the debt and copy of unanswered SAR. The claimant turned up with a copy of a credit agreement they'd signed themselves and that was it.

The judge granted my set aside within minutes of being in the room. The claimant was also after £510 in charges which to the representatives anger was also thrown out. I have filled out the paperwork in case it goes to trial and have also submitted a counterclaim for costs and expenses incurred.

A great result and am so happy I had the conviction and courage to go ahead and fight this alleged debt. I had to come back and update because without all the amazing help, time and advice you all gave me then it most likely wouldn't even have got to the N244 stage.

Without you guys I would never have had a clue how to deal with this situation. You gave me the tools to win this case and I can't even begin to say how grateful I am for all your kindness. I truly would have been lost and £745 poorer. I will be making a donation to the site as a way of showing my gratitude.

I have two weeks to submit my defence paperwork in case it goes to trial. Cabot I adamant I have no hope of winning but the Judge told her that he'd be surprised if I didn't. Can progress with this with confidence now. Thank you Thank you Thank you 😊

Well done LB...round 1 to you...I will move your thread to the Financial Legal Issues Forum as we are dealing with Cabot.

Regards

Andy

Well done! Yes, always come back and update the threads. Although it's really helpful to others fighting claims similar to yours, it's also courteous to those who gave up their valuable time to help, and the successes let those individuals know that the time spent on helping was not wasted.

you say they had a copy of the agreement cabot had signed?

The claimant turned up with a copy of a credit agreement they'd signed themselves and that was it.

did they leave it with you?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, the solicitor representing Cabot bought in a wad of papers that included letters sent demanding payments, a photocopy of a credit agreement that they had filled all my details in on and signed, but it wasn't dated. I have a copy of this.

They also had a piece of paper with an excel style table on it filled in with items allegedly purchased, but with no details of where these goods were sent, no delivery reciepts/signatures, no details of any payments made on this account so that I could trace the perpetrator.

It looked like it had been printed up the night before. I had requested on 4 occasions all info relating to the debt but they never provided any. The first hearing in July to which they didn't attend and was adjourned, they presented no info at all. The documents they had Monday were submitted to the court 3 days prior, and that was because the Judge demanded the info I requested be sent. I got a copy of the details of what happened at adjourned case. It felt very much like they'd deliberately not been forthcoming knowing full well it would drop them in it.

I expected them to turn up fully armed which would have helped clear my name. Cabots solicitor spoke to me before going in and I asked her if she had the more specific account info so it could be determined if it was linked to the fraud on my account. She informed me Cabot never keep that kind of info on file due to security issues.

The Judge gave her a severe dressing down for the "inadequate preparation of the case" I have copies of all the papers along with around 50 pages of examples of legal cases where judges had made errors, that the solicitor had attached relevant to granting set asides. Not sure the approach of questioning the judges legal capacity went down too well.

I am expecting fully they will continue it to trial, but also fully confident they will not be successful with this. The trainee solicitor who prepared all of Cabots paperwork for court was a Laura Hannam of DrysdenFairfax

scan it up to ONE multipage PDF

I have heard of this twice now.

and yes it was drydens too

cabot denied all knowledge

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will do...will have to get daughter to help me do it tomorrow at son point if that's ok. I'm on my Mobil at the moment and she is the tech savy one, but will definitely get that done for you. Do I need to block any personal info out ?

yep

follow the UPLOAD

and they