Xercise4Less and Harlands problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Mum, did they stop harassing you?

I am in a similar position.

I emailed the gym saying I'd like to cancel and how do I do so, got no reply. I couldnt see anything on my bank statement from them so I assumed it had been cancelled.

Months later I noticed a direct debit from Harlands and realised I had been been paying the membership all along.

I cancelled the right debit and have now been receiving letters from Hardlands demanding money - 2 months of membership arrears and an admin fee. I've emailled Xercise4less directly and spoke to their head office - they are as bad, or worse (similar crappy offer).

I noticed Slick's advice that cancelling the direct debit is notice of membership cancellation as per The OFT -v- Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011

Can I follow the advice and just stand by my guns / settlement offer until they give up?

It seems like so much hassle I just want to pay them the money to leave me alone!!

Hello,

Mum, did they stop harassing you?

I am in a similar position.

I emailed the gym saying I'd like to cancel and how do I do so, got no reply. I couldnt see anything on my bank statement from them so I assumed it had been cancelled.

Months later I noticed a direct debit from Harlands and realised I had been been paying the membership all along.

I cancelled the right debit and have now been receiving letters from Hardlands demanding money - 2 months of membership arrears and an admin fee. I've emailled Xercise4less directly and spoke to their head office - they are as bad, or worse (similar crappy offer).

I noticed Slick's advice that cancelling the direct debit is notice of membership cancellation as per The OFT -v- Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011

Can I follow the advice and just stand by my guns / settlement offer until they give up?

It seems like so much hassle I just want to pay them the money to leave me alone!!

just stand by your guns... they will send more 'bully' emails and texts... My final note to them was if they want the money issue court proceedings if they continue to harass me I will take them to court. Not heard anything from them in nearly a year.

Hi Frap and welcome to CAG

Your post and reply has been moved to your own new thread that you can use from now on. It was originally posted on a rather old thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less

The trouble is that Harlands won't want you to pay a small amount to end the matter. If you show willingness to pay to settle the matter quickly, they may see this as weakness and push you for all they can get.

Can you give us some more info :-

1. When did you sign up and was this in the gym or online.

2. When did you email the gym about cancelling.

3. Do you have a copy of this email.

Can you post up a copy of the email you sent to X4Less. Was it sent to your local gym or Head Office.

Don't speak to anyone about this on the phone again - keep everything in writing only.

Ignore Harlands/CRS for now - they can wait.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)