Good news! The clocks go forward on Sunday 1AM British Summertime Begins-27th March

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

British Summer Time

So less than a week after spring has officially sprung and we suddenly find ourselves in British Summer Time.

Of course this is nothing to do with the seasonal situation, it's the annual clock change that takes us into Daylight Saving Time.

How did this come about and why?

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2016-03-24/simons-blog-british-summer-time/

Everything you need to know about 100 years of British Summer Time

http://www.irishexaminer.com//examviral/fun-times/everything-you-need-to-know-about-100-years-of-british-summer-time-389281.html

In 1947 they actually changed the clocks four times – twice forward and twice back.

British Summer Time: When do the clocks go forward? Why is this done? | Home News | News | The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/daylight-savings-time-clocks-spring-forward-british-summer-time-when-why-what-a6928911.html

Drat i was so excited for a moment-we lose an hour of sleep.:-(

good news? 1 hour less in bed...try telling my Dutch friend its good news when sleeping is his hobby!

Hi Sparks.

Ah yes,your Dutch friend.

Leap year proposal,i remember now.

I wondered how things were.

I think we should have a tune as it is such a lovely day.

And was a lovely evening,a long evening.got stuck in traffic last night so thought i know i will find a way out of this.

Took a turn down a narrow lane,went on for miles

Went on for many miles.Pheasants,Hares,Rabbits,Deer,Owl or two.Felt like i had been transported into another dimension.

Dead end finally,can you believe it.Ended up on a farm .And a cockerel was not that happy,let me know as well.

Let us think of a tune for your Dutch friend.While we wait for this momentous moment when the clocks go forward and we all get up early.

There you go.

Roll on October, when I get that hour back :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Old Cogger.

Some want all year round British Summer Time.

Others definitely do not.

Cons of BST all year round

Scotland: One of the biggest obstacles to change has come from Scotland, where MPs warned that the sun would not rise until 10.00am in some northern parts of the country. Alex Salmond once called the campaign an attempt to "plunge Scotland into morning darkness".

The pros and cons of all-year British Summer Time

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/61009/clocks-go-back-the-pros-and-cons-of-all-year-daylight-saving-time

Hi determindator.

Nice to speak to you.

I have a strange feeling you know the answer to that.:-)

However if you do not i will answer more fully.No problem at all.

I am like a open book if i do tweet,no fears,no worries and if you feel strongly about certain things social media is a place to let the world know.

As for perhaps some may wonder if i do tweet are you worried about people knowing who you are etc.

Well i used to use a trowel now i use a keyboard quite a lot.

And my tale has been told many times.

That is what you must remember when putting feelings out on the internet,unless anonymous,it is out there for ever.

And you have to live with that.So all i would say is think carefully when writing a story,talking to a journalist things like that.

Unless anonymous of course.

I myself if i do tweet am not worried at all about people knowing my name.Not in the slightest.

That is of course if i do.

Nice to chat to you determindator,have a enjoyable Easter,and the same to everyone else out there in webland.

Bye for now and do not forget about those clocks.

Tawnyowl

Hi Sparks.

Ah yes,your Dutch friend.

Leap year proposal,i remember now.

I wondered how things were.

I think we should have a tune as it is such a lovely day.

And was a lovely evening,a long evening.got stuck in traffic last night so thought i know i will find a way out of this.

Took a turn down a narrow lane,went on for miles

Went on for many miles.Pheasants,Hares,Rabbits,Deer,Owl or two.Felt like i had been transported into another dimension.

Dead end finally,can you believe it.Ended up on a farm .And a cockerel was not that happy,let me know as well.

Let us think of a tune for your Dutch friend.While we wait for this momentous moment when the clocks go forward and we all get up early.

There you go.

He turned down my proposal :D But agreed I can ask him again next leap year :whoo::D

He turned down my proposal :D But agreed I can ask him again next leap year :whoo::D

Hi Sparks.

Oh dear.But you seem optimistic for next leap year and are clearly happy.

I have just created a clock for you.To prepare your dutch friend and to remind yourself not to miss this event.As if you would.:-)

Hope it works.Pop it next to where he might be,it just might coax him into some earlier action.Get in his head kind of.And he may weaken.

Next Leap Year February 29th 2020-A countdown clock for you.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200229T00&p0=136&msg=Leap+Year+February+29th+2020&ud=1&font=cursive&csz=1

Also i wanted to know a little more about why we have leap years.

A Leap Day, February 29, is added to the calendar during leap years. This extra day makes the year 366 days long – not 365 days, like a common year.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leap-day.html

The hour of change is drawing near i am so excited.All clocks will be prepared,oiled,dusted wound up and faces ready to open to turn those hands round.

Sandwiches and drinks will be prepared and people invited to gather around and enjoy the occasion.

Bye for now Sparks,good luck in your quest.

Will check up and watch the countdown clock from time to time and will see what happens next leap year,for you.

Tawnyowl

Tawnyowl, my Dutch friend and myself are very good friends and I love to wind him up....dutchies are know for their weird sense of humour, he turned down the marriage proposal but accepted the best friend for the next 4 years proposal :D