• Tweets

• Admission of a debt in writing resetting the statute barring period is dicated by the Limitation Act 1980 30(1)&(2):   "30 Formal provisions as to acknowledgments and part payments.   (1)To be effective for the purposes of section 29 of this Act, an acknowledgment must be in writing and signed by the person making it.   (2)For the purposes of section 29, any acknowledgment or payment— (a)may be made by the agent of the person by whom it is required to be made under that section; and (b)shall be made to the person, or to an agent of the person, whose title or claim is being acknowledged or, as the case may be, in respect of whose claim the payment is being made."   https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/part/II/crossheading/acknowledgment-and-part-payment   The admission in writing has to be accompanied with a signature, arguably an email with a digital signature could be sufficient acknowledgment. That acknowledgment could be by an agent, i.e. a solicitor, acting on your behalf. But the Limitation Act 1980 does not apply in your case as the statute barring period is dictated by Jamaican legislation so you would need to find out what that is to confirm whether or not an email is considered to be acknowledgment of the debt.    
    • Great work from lookinforinfo.   When you have time, also try to find out if they have planning permission for the signs.  The council should have a portal, if not directly call or e-mail the council.   You've written "the pay machines there were notorious for not connecting for card payments - NCP always blamed Vodafone's coverage".  Have you got any proof of this?  It could be useful.   BW Legal won't send anything about planning permission or contracts, but they might , just, send a copy of the PCN so we know what you are being pursued for, but even if they don't the SAR will get to the bottom of it.
    • dx, do you mean you would or you wouldn't use arthritis as an excuse please?   HB
    • You weren't stupid at all - in fact you've done everything right!  I wish everyone who comes on the forum would act like you.   You were spot on to ignore letters from Smart and from powerless DCAs, just as you were right to jump into action when the Letter Before Claim showed up as Smart are fishing to decide who to take to court and who not.  As others have said, you now need to show them they would be in serious trouble if they took you to court, via a snotty letter ridiculing their claim and showing you're not ignorant of the law.  Do some searching then please post up a draft of what you propose to send.   Cases like yours are the easiest to defend from a legal point of view.  Smart got their money, you can prove it, they suffered no loss, the registration number nonsense is "de minimis" (the court does not deal with trivialities), judges have ruled on this many times.
    • How much was the bracket?  Is it something you can get from Amazon and then process a refund from Currys?
  • Our picks

NHS England Survey on Mental Health Services for Ex-Members of the Armed Forces

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1708 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

NHS England has launched a survey on mental health services for ex-members of the armed forces.

They would like to hear about people’s experiences and views of these services and explore the reasons why some people have not sought or received support and treatment. The survey will run until 31 March 2016

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/developing-mental-health-services-for-veterans-in-england

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just Bumping this

Please be aware that the survey ends soon 31st March 2016.

If you are Ex-Forces and in England please have a read of the link as the survey may benefit so many depending on its outcome but they require your help.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group