BankFodder BankFodder

banksarggg

Amazon say YES you HAVE to work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

i have posted one post

my mother passed away last week with breast cancer , my brother has had to work through this as his employment had only just began with the agency transline

we hoped he would at least have good friday off and bank holiday but apparantly when he asked his advisor he was told that

amazon are a uinted states company and that they didnt celebrate good friday or bank holiday so they dont see it as a "day off"

is any of this true ?

hes also got to work normal hours with normal pay ?

thanks in advance

My condolences.

It all sounds unpleasant but legal.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

okay thank you for helping me i appreciate it x

I'm pretty shocked to be honest. Have they offered him no unpaid leave at all??

My mum died very suddenly at Christmas and my employer gave me as much paid leave as I needed. I'm horrified that any employer (even an agency) could be so callous.

I'd be leaving if it was me!

as said, Good friday is not a holiday, just customary. You could ask for Thanksgiving off as a paid holiday as you work for an "American" company.

in the company i worl for you would have time off for the funeral and some leave for immediate family , however if you are the person who is responsible for their affairs then they will give you longer . but it does vary from company to company

https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

Good Friday is definitely a bank holiday in England and Wales.

Screenshot_20160324_195840.png

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

You don't have a legal right to have bank holidays off, though - just a right to 5.6 weeks paid holiday a year.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

bank holiday is not statutory public holiday like christmas and boxing day. Even with those the right to take the day off has been eroded to such an extent that they are hardly worth the title