• Tweets

• Hi, no i did not or ever work in credit collection or at lowells. I had investor funds that buy these debt portfolios, lowells does the collection ie workouts for investors. See the  8% interest.? Investors buy these receivables to collect 8% v current rates. .they also securitise them for fixed income. V profitable.  I learned the ropes in the us during financial crises. Got burned by deutsche bank. Sued deutsche. Im used to us litigation. Lost all my money which explains not having £300.  so i dont understand the forms or process in Uk. help me out. 1. Claim form plus defense form, admittance form  all in 1. Box 3 on form fill in. This is filing your defence correct? 2. I have to wait for lowell to send a response ie their witness statement, with evidence supporting thier claim. Correct? Is this attached to a court form if any? If yes whats the form number? 3. I assume i respond to each  point in their witness state with a rebuttal. Is there a form attached? How does this get filed with the court?  I never understood using a form for claim or responses. Us uses pleadings, and responses, no forms. This forum hugely helpful, but im not there yet. also dont understand strategy for timing of fillings. If you can explain process i n follow along.  Also, you are saying, i was still with BT on oct 22 in default. 8 days later lowell bought debt. Impossible! They claim default a year later when i didn't live in the property. I think this is about right. What evidence do i need to gather?   kr escaped  
    • I'm just going to build up slowly, and have been.  Got a big old freezer so have been filling that up gradually.  I think it's not because of actual shortages, but rather panic buying that will cause problems, especially bread which ironically is all produced in the UK.   As for Trump, just got to expect that crap from him I guess, no trade deals will be happening anyway if the Good Friday agreement is put at risk.  Besides,what Boris Johnson is suggesting about no backstop and no hard border is even crazier than anything that Trump has ever said or done.   Tories are trying to destroy, and there is no plan for what comes next, there will be a terrible day of reckoning for the them at some point that will make Tony Blair's 1997 victory look like chicken feed. Sadly that won't be until the country has been ruined.          
    • @London1971 yes take precautions, and the full tank of fuel isn't a bad idea, the Legacy media are fomenting panic, so buying in a couple of essentials  extra with the shop rather than a panic stockpile should be OK.  Next one to circulate?  Could be Trump wants to buy the UK as Denmark won't sell him Greenland.  Mind you that UK/US Trade deal might do that in all but name.
    • Hi Jamberson..thanks for the advice. I agree multiple signs may annoy the local residents. I still believe that the signage was not clearly available on the day and it is down to the LA to ensure those signs are clearly displayed.Ironic that a week later all those bushes and foliage had been cut right back. If the LA deemed the signage was displayed correctly in the first place why cut back that foliage later on that week? That is what I am basing my argument on. Anyway I am at the NTO stage now and have submitted that reason for not paying the original fine. Let's see how that goes. I have 56 days. Reading through the forums I can see that other LA's have failed to comply with the 56 day timeline and consequently had to quash the fine due to  procedural impropriety...
    • What is the advice, pitfalls to be aware of if I try settle this privately or direct with his insurer?
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1154 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

seems to be a std thing for H2HP2 claims now

if you go read other hoist claims

you note such in your defence.

don't miss it!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

They are still in default...fee returned or not...its the creditors prerogative if they wish to accept payment or not...I wonder if they are getting slightly confused with a CPR request ? :-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

defence due this Friday 15th april I intend to submit defence tomorrow night as still not heard back re ca request does it look ok ??

1.This claim is for the sum of £4000 (rounded down )in respect of monies owing under an agreement with the account number xx xx xx xx xx xx pursuant to the consumer creditlink3.gif act 1974 (CCa)

The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP ( ex barclaycard) to the claimant

and notice has been served .

2.The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement .

A default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA

3.The claimant claims

1) The sum of £4000

2) interest pursuant to s69 of the county courtlink3.gif act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from 27/5/10 to the date hereof 2116 is the sum of £1900

3)future interest accruing at the daily rate of £0.93

4) Costa

defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The claimant has failed to provide any evidence of agreement/contract/breach as requested by CPR 31.14 and is in default of a Section 78 request.

3. Paragraph 3 & 4 are denied as The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received.The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued to and received by the Defendant.

4. On the 23rd March 2016 I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has not yet produced the requested documents therefore I am currently unable to fully defend this claim.

5.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

POC added to above

you need to align your reply to their paragraph numbers

not simply copy'n'paste from another thread

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks for the prompt reply just to clarify do I include all the extra bits in red too and amend them to reflect the details of my claim exact amounts account numbers etc

red bit is for your ref.

post up when ready

dx

spreadsheets 

1.This claim is for the sum of £4000 (rounded down )in respect of monies owing under an agreement with the account number xx xx xx xx xx xx pursuant to the consumer creditlink3.gif act 1974 (CCa)

The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP ( ex barclaycard) to the claimant

and notice has been served .

2.The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement .

A default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA

3.The claimant claims

1) The sum of £4000

2) interest pursuant to s69 of the county courtlink3.gif act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from 27/5/10 to the date hereof 2116 is the sum of £1900

4) Costa

defence as follows is this now correct ?

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The claimant has failed to provide any evidence of agreement/contract/breach as requested by CPR 31.14 and is in default of a Section 78 request.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied as The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received.The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued to and received by the Defendant.

4. On the 23rd March 2016 I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has not yet produced the requested documents therefore I am currently unable to fully defend this claim.

5.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears.

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Hi dx I know your very busy but could you cast your eye over my holding defence as I want to double check all ok to submit as want to submit this evening many thanks

you need to address the [non] assignment in their para 1 too

spreadsheets 

Ok thanks are you able to assist with what to put as I don't have a clue ?

add to your para 2

2. Paragraph 1 is denied that any notice of assignment – as required by section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and by section 82a of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 – was received on or after xxxxxx

spreadsheets 

That's a great help thanks , one last question before I submit it do I put the date of 27/05/10 where you have put the xx's ?

If there is a date in the poc that they alleged it was sent to you, thats the date you use, if there isnt then you dont Need to include " on or after xxxxx"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Ok that's great thank you so much for your help so far I'm off to submit the defence now I'm guessing it's just a waiting game to see what comes back from the claimant

it might be prudent to await andyorch to confirm.

dx

spreadsheets 

If there is a date in the poc that they alleged it was sent to you, thats the date you use, if there isnt then you dont Need to include " on or after xxxxx"

or

The Defendant has no knowledge of any legal assignment. I have never been served any Notice of Assignment from

either the original creditor or the claimant pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

spreadsheets 

Ok is it worth me PM him or will he pick the thread up anyway ?

The Defendant has no knowledge of any legal assignment. I have never been served any Notice of Assignment from

either the original creditor or the claimant pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

That reads alot better but let Andy confirm, he will see it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

look to the bottom of this thread you'll see everyone that's subscribed

spreadsheets 

Particulars of Claim

1.This claim is for the sum of £4000 (rounded down )in respect of monies owing under an agreement with the account number xx xx xx xx xx xx pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974 (CCa)

2.The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP ( ex barclaycard) to the claimant and notice has been served .

3.The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement . A default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA

The claimant claims

1) The sum of £4000

2) interest pursuant to s69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from 27/5/10 to the date hereof 2116 is the sum of £1900

4) Costa

Defence

2. Paragraph 1 is noted insofar as I have in the past held a contractual relationship with Barclaycard.I do not recall the precise details or aware of any outstanding balance.I therefore have sought clarification from the claimant by way of a CPR 31.14.Unfortunately the claimant has failed to comply to my request.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I have no knowledge of any legal assignment. I have never been served any Notice of Assignment from either the original creditor or the claimant pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925 and sec82A of the CCA 1974.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied.A default notice was never received.The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued to and received by the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.

5. On the 23rd March 2016 I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply with my request and is therefore in default and unable to enforce or request any relief until such time they comply.

6.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi I have not heard anything from sols etc but got this yesterday :

Looking for advice on what to do next please

Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims court

If you do not comply with this notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate .

This could include striking out the claim or entering judgement .

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim

The defendant has filed a defence , a copy of which is enclosed (THIS SENTANCE HAS BEED CROSSED OUT BY HAND )

2 It appear that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track .

If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim you must complete box C1 on the small claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why

3 You must by 6 June 2016 complete the small claims directions questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office

The county court business centre 4th floor St Katharines house 21-27 st Katherine's street Northampton NN1 2 LH

And serve copies on all other parties

std N180 directions Questionnaire detailed in 100's of like threads here

spreadsheets 

Ok thanks I've had a read up on other threads I'm ticking yes to mediation just wanted to confirm that I need to send a copy to Hoist and that I should expect a copy from them too ?

correct

dx

spreadsheets