• Tweets

• Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS and wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided?. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
    • did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know most of them are decent but there seems to be the odd few that aren't

demonstration point is the video below

first issue - 55mph when his limit should be 40

second issue he's lucky those two cars weren't seconds later

it must be something in the water because this is the 3rd dashcam video i've uploaded this week...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Did have a bit of a wobbly there didnt he ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Did you not get his licence plate and pass it on to the Highway Police ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

did get his plate - no idea how to pass it on

had a good one today, he was on the phone behind me, saw the little sign i have saying front and rear cameras - kept trying to drive ducked behind the wheel so he couldn't be seen on camera - shame the back camera had messed up and not powered on that time

in the mean time - enjoy this one from the missus camera

or this one - i must point out the reason he couldn't get ahead to start with was the car infront of him - not the wife

i just love the little dance he did behind the steering wheel when he failed to get one car ahead

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

A interesting thread.

Lately i have thought of getting one of these cameras.

You hear about the dodges going on,re the on purpose accidents for insurance purposes etc.

Also nearly every day you see some incidents.

I do not know how many drivers are going around drugged,alcohol problems,untaxed,unroadworthy and the rest.But makes you wonder.

Speeding,talking on mobiles,etc.We have all seen it i suppose.

Labrat says i do not know how to pass the info on.A good question.

Perhaps someone does.

Just looking around for a few minutes i noticed the Met in London seems to.

So perhaps others know what people can do if they see and film a serious dangerous situation on the roads. in your area.Remember it could be one of your family members caught out by these drivers.

A link from the MET in London to start things off.

Roadsafe London

Roadsafe London is an information and Intelligence gathering tool. It is a portal for members of the public to advise us about criminal, nuisance and anti-social behaviour on the roads of London. It is staffed by experienced traffic officers.

Video footage

Occasionally, people refer us to video footage in the public domain e.g. YouTube or similar sites. In the course of dealing with your information we may direct others to any material that has been openly posted, to raise road user awareness and to promote safety.

Some points to bear in mind regarding video submissions: Videos should be submitted within 48 hours of the event. Footage should be of high quality and include at least two minutes before and two minutes after any incident. For prosecution purposes, video evidence can only act as corroboration. This means that you will need to attend a police station and give a written statement and must be prepared to attend court to give evidence in person.

Videos should not be edited in any way. They must not rely on a perception of distance such as a close pass as the apparent distance will vary according to the type camera and settings. There are other issues with video evidence, such as parallax error, which makes objects appear close together when they are seen in line. In general, evidence of provocation or disproportionate reaction will mean that no action is taken.

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/roadsafelondon

i did look at the mets one

it was quite interesting, i have to admit i usually trim them down for youtube just for upload times - however the average video length on the camera by default is 4 minutes and i wonder if it was designed to fit in those guidelines

i wouldn't say its been the best quality footage but the cameras were only around 10-15 pounds each as i imported direct from china, so far we have had to give a statement on one video - ill add it in below, lets just say that you can just make out the rear end of the toyota spining out behind the car on the right as it destroyed someones wall...

Please note:

This means that you will need to ........ give a written statement and must be prepared to attend court to give evidence in person if required
spot on, generally wld need to exhibit the evidence (video) :)

• 1 month later...

And on a side note

Wife just had a phone call. Lad at the other ends screaming and ranting.

He wanted her to withdraw her insurance claim as it was 'just a scratched bumper' and his new insurance quote is now £3,500

No hope cos it's ended up as a whiplash claim and the insurer had to take the bumper off and weld back on the supporting struts it broke...

Maybe next time he won't turn right into on coming traffic

Please note:

Nah just rang his mum back and ensured it wouldn't happen again..

Please note:

Handy really that he used his mums mobile to make the call

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...
Nah just rang his mum back .

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm quite sure that would be grounds for a 'cruel and unusual punishment' claim

Nice one.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh i don't know why i didn't know that, should have kept an eye on it really with having my class 1 liscence and all

Please note:

another one coming in a moment, bloody bus drivers

i need to point out that the lights on this junction are the simultaneous lights so his change at the same time as mine.

Im in two minds if i should report him to stagecoach or not, on one hand he might loose his job but on the other hand if i had been a less careful driver i would have used the fact the lights had gone red to turn and would have been straight in front of him

Edited by Conniff
Your wishes obeyed.

Please note:

I know he's barely on camera when it went to amber. He had plenty of time to slow to a stop

Please note:

It used to be that if you made a complaint about a bus driver to London Transport they would always respond and say the driver was in the right, whatever the circumstances. My favourite was when a bus crashed into a work colleague's house because it was being driven too fast for a bend in the road and LT tried suing him for damaging the bus by having a wall on the boundary of his property.

Hmm guess someone didn't like the complaint as someone put a rather pointless and mildly abusive comment up again about how the driver "shouldn't have to slam the brakes on" guess he was too blind to take any notice of the amber then

Still youtube usually takes this sort of comment down themselves within a few hours so I don't expect it to be there long

Please note:

• 4 months later...

i REALLY wish i had the number plate of this one because i would have been down at the local station at the min handing it over - Bloody idiot

Please note:

One so far. he Refused to name driver so done accordingly

Had to find out from local papers court reports however

Please note:

Which isn't too bad to say I've not actually sent them any.

The owner of the wall that got hit passed the video to the police not me :)

It's a rule of thumb that if I catch anyone else's accident I always pass on contact details so I can give them the video.

So far I have 3or4 accidents on video I'm thinking of changing the cars name to the Jonah mobile

Please note:

One so far. he Refused to name driver so done accordingly

Had to find out from local papers court reports however

thats good. i had a look at yr vids collection.

ooi, what cam do you use.