LLoyds Premier bank account Package account fees mis sold? **WON**

ZENTRIX9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a LLoyds Premier bank account which I opened around 8 - 9 years ago.

There is an overdraft facility which we owe around £2000. The balance has been stuck at this amount for about 7 years I think due to me losing my job.

Each month it costs us around £50 in interest and account charge to keep it where it is. We asked about 4 years ago if we could change to a standard account to help get the balance down but were told that until the overdraft came down to £500 we couldnt, so we are stuck.

When I opened the account they sold me the whole insurance package with it and I told them I already had phone insurance, household insurance, holiday insurance and breakdown insurance etc and it was no use to me. I was told that this was the account I needed to get the overdraft.

Do I have a valid reason to put in a claim for mis selling and if so what can I claim for?

We are basically treading water and not able to reduce our debt due to the interest and account charge, we could have paid it off nearly twice in the time we have been paying for the account.

Would they have been better to change it to a personal loan and change the account so we could have paid it off?

Doesnt seem like it would have been an advantage to them to do this as they wouldnt make so much money off us.

Any help would be appreciated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

well done

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...