xercise4less and crs..... another one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, today I received the extremely generic crs letter stating I owe X amount for arrears and fees.

I've looked through the forums and have emailed jon @ X4l head office and the crs team.

Now I joined the gym in July 2012 and was a loyal member up until June 2015 when I didn't have time to go, so I cancelled via the branch and on direct debit.

They've said they've said letters about this before, but this is the first I've received.

I understand not to call or speak on the phone.

Any suggestions?

I sent Jon a lovely email expressing my complaints.

If you have a look at the many other xercise4less threads, you will soon see how this should pan out

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Yea I've had a good look through pages of them, although none really state on how or if this can effect a credit score?

From reading other posts I've came to the conclusion that I shouldn't have to pay a penny since the woman at the counter said they would cancel it, but with that not being super reliable because of no proof, it would be one month's payment?

I am far from the expert in this area, Slick is the man and should be along soon enough to help

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

gym debts never show on cra files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was abit annoyed about all this at first but after reading other posters history with these guys I'm quite looking forward to see what they throw haha. You guys are amazing at this stuff.

Hi Blenkiron and welcome to CAG

As said above, your CRA file will not be affected by a gym membership dispute unless court action was taken - and that doesn't happen !

1. Can you work out the date on which you contacted the gym to cancel.

2. Did you do this by phone or a visit to the gym.

3. If by phone, can you find a phone bill that confirms the call to the gym.

Can you post up the email that you sent to Jon @ X4Less but hide any personal identifiers.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick,

I'm not 100% sure on the date but I'd say it was in August 2015, and in branch, I spoke to an advisor who only took my name and login ID and said she would cancel it, which I now know isn't the cancel procedure. As for the email I also sent it to the enquiry line too....

Good afternoon sir,

My name i XXXXXXXXX and I have been a member of xerciseforless Doncaster branch since before the doors officially opened in June 2012. At this point I wasn't given any formal contract and asked about cancellation and was told after 12 months I could cancel.

Inbetween June-October in 2015, unsure which date exactly I cancelled my account in the branch and on my own direct debit set up as I didn't have time for the gym any more although I cancelled it months after actually stopping going.

Today, on the 19.03.16 I received a letter dating to the 17.03.16 from the CRS company, otherwise known as Harland's. Stating I owe 207.47 pounds in total for arrears. It also states I have had previous letters, which I have not.

This is now several months ago that I cancelled and I've not had one letter, email or phone calls from neither xercise4less or CRS/Harland's regarding any of this matter.

I've also been into the Doncaster branch today to express my concern about this and to try and get it rectified but was treated what I would call unfairly and rude by the GM- NAMED AND SHAMED, on site.

I've emailed the CRS stating I believe it's unfair and criminal like to try and enforce this behaviour and such fees and if need be will be taking it to Trading Standards and the CMA.

I'm fully aware of outstanding problems with xcerise4less about cancelling membership correctly and efficiently that other members have had.

As a loyal customer for so many years and being among the first to join this gym, i didn't want to have to send an email to yourself but after the behaviour of the GM and the scandal of this matter, I believe I have no other choice.

Reference numbers.

Xerciseforless- XXXXXXXXX

CRS- XXXXXXXXXXX

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Blenkiron,

I'd do nothing more for now. Wait until you have a reply from Jon at HO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)