Notice to close account after a few days

Opera14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, very frustrating situation here. I recently signed up for a Barclays current account and opted for a full current account switch whereby my old account was closed. After only a couple of weeks Barclays issued a notice to close my account but did not state why. Despite this, they still went ahead and processed the entire account switch and now my old account is closed, all my direct debits etc are coming out of the new account but of course my debit card does not work, I can't access any of the cash and Barclays have said they are going to close it (this was meant to happen on 10th March but my account still looks like it's open and I can see everything online). I've contacted them multiple times, been into branch, submitted multiple complaints but no one is able to tell me why or when the account is being closed. The most bizarre thing is I'm a Barclays employee and I have been for 3.5 years so I don't understand why they can employ me but not give me a bank account to which I'd put in salary paid by Barclays themselves! Any advice on what to do? I just don't know who to contact as no one from Barclays is willing to help me out with this situation (and I do not work for the retail bank).

Well this is very interesting query... Normally banks reuqest that their staff open an account with them to allow salary to be paid. So where do you go from here.

Barclays (Believe it or not) are allowed to terminate an account with no notice / 30 days / 60 days.

And they dont have to tell you. (They do but dont have to give a reason)

But Will this affect your salary etc? Also have you spoken to HR about it? Because this isnt a simple account and close.

IS there any concerns regarding fraud etc? Will this affect your employment?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

To be honest I can just bank with someone else like I have done in the past but I am just utterly amazed by this; you'd think that they would accept my business with open arms but instead no one is able to provide me with a reason as to why my account is being closed (apparently it's confidential)...I can't possibly think what it would be...I have never defaulted or been late on a payment and I only recently acquired a mortgage (with a different bank) so you'd think that if I can get that through the door then there should not be any credit issued at all...and with regard to money laundering well the only income into my account is paid by Barclays themselves so surely there cannot be any questions asked surrounding that!

Actually I just did a free credit check online and my score is 423/700

You have no Court or Insolvency data

You have no accounts in Default or Repossession

You have been on the Electoral Roll at your current address for a long time

You have very few / no accounts in arrears

You have very few / no secured loans or mortgages that have been in arrears

Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low

Well you aren't alone, this might shock you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35845427

A billionaire businessman, philanthropist and former broker of arms deals has been told by Barclays that he can no longer bank with them.

Wafic Said, who was born in Syria, has also donated large sums to the Conservative Party.

The bank is understood to be concerned about holding accounts that are linked to what are described as "high-risk countries".

Mr Said has been a customer of Barclays for many years.

The Said Foundation funds a renowned business school in Oxford, as well as many humanitarian causes, and counts a former private secretary to the Prince of Wales among its trustees. So why has he been shunned?

Mr Said and his foundation have strong financial links with Syria. His family is a major shareholder in one of Syria's biggest banks and he has counted members of the family of Bashar al-Assad among his friends.

Edited by citizenB
added some content

Hi Opera,

Given my name this does not surprise me..how ridiculous!

What do you mean by this (without confirming your actual name) ?

You should keep a close eye on your CRA file over the next few months. Was there any mention on your CRA report about a CIFAS Marker ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)