National grid or British Gas incompetence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The other half Could smell (I've got a blocked nose) gas - checked obvious places for leaks etc

my supplier directed me to national grid whom had a engineer visit me within 15 minutes of me calling.

He (Nation Grid engineer) claims to find the leak and says "that's a really bad leak".

He then turns off my supply and says I'll need to get someone to replace the pipe in the morning.

(I wanted to question how he came to that conclusion from the other side of the kitchen

with wooden panel cover inlet pipe but he is the expert.)

I had British Gas out whom could not find any source of leak and hats off to the engineer

he was paranoid he was missing something and made calls but no-one could figure it out,

he carried out additional tests,

he even called national grid to get readings they take when there is a leak but this wasn't recorded.

The kick in the teeth is I'm now £200 out of pocket for no reason.

Can I claim this back off national grid?

ask NG to send you the report of what the ENG found.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ask NG to send you the report of what the ENG found.

dx

NG left a copy of the warning notice, description of fault and safety action being immediately dangerous, or should I expect a different report they submit when closing the job

No they wouldnt have left anything other than what you have already. The job of the emergency call out eng fron NG is to detect and make safe.

He has various tools he can use to ascertain whether or not a leak is there.

If the pipe he was concerned with is behind a panel he would use a gas detector, this would have a probe which samples the air for the concentration of gas, normally this would read zero if there was no leak.

Any hint of gas in the sample and an alarm triggers to alert the engineer gas is present, he can do this from the other side of the wall where a gas pipe comes through the said wall, there would be an air gap to take the sample from around the pipe.

The NG eng's actions would be correct if he got the alert from the detector, to shut off the supply. at that point, his job is over, he's made the property safe and as the "responsible user", it is then down to you to instruct a gas safe engineer to call to correct the defect, or your landlord in the case of rented.

with regard to the £200 you are now out of pocket, i am assuming this is the bill from BG for the engineer the following day? You are responsible for that if you instructed BG to attend.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

im a 2nd floor flat so guess NG would've had to do the checks via the meter.

What I'm really puzzled about is, how was a leaked detected and a immediately dangerous notice servered however, BG did no remedial work and deemed it was never dangerous or it is safe to turn back on.

The BG engineer would have had to test the gas system for tightness to confirm whether there was or wasnt a leak, if this test confirms no leak then its deemed safe to turn back on.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Bg will also pressure test the pipework from meter to somewhere accessible with appliances off. If there is a drop in pressure then thy look for a leak.

Methane detectors can give a false positive reading as they are very sensitive. A different CO2 level may trigger it so rotting leaves in your air bicks could set it off (ground floor, not 2nd floor flat!)

The NG engineer would have been covering all bases.

Even a positive tightness test revealing no drop in pressure across the installation doesnt mean he can safely leave the gas on. The fact you had reported you could smell gas is enough on its own to warrant disconnection.

Have you had any smell of gas since the supply was re-instated?

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled