• Tweets

• Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Budget today-16th March 2016-12-30pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well today is the day.

George Osborne has just left Downing Street with his little red box,full of secrets.

What time is the Budget 2016? How to watch, predictions and more on George Osborne's spending announcement

News UK News The Budget

What time is the Budget 2016? How to watch, predictions and more on George Osborne's spending announcement

George Osborne is set to unveil yet more cuts in his 2016 UK budget speech. Here's everything you need to know

What will be in store when George Osborne unveils his 2016 budget?

Will it be all doom and gloom? Or has he, once again, got an unexpected rabbit hidden in his hat?

Gloomy economic forecasts, bleak export figures and the promise of a Budget surplus of £10billion by March 2019 will fuel the Chancellor’s latest attack on Britain’s public services when he delivers his financial statement.

The national debt has ballooned to almost £1.6trillion on his watch - about £24,000 for every man, woman and child in the country.

You can also expect plenty of the Chancellor's favourite catchphrases to make an appearance. References to a "long term economic plan" and "fixing the roof while the sun is shining" are near certainties.

The excitement is building.

I can hardly wait,can you.Have your say now or as things develop or afterwards.Leave it to you.

Are you going to watch PMQ time.Anticipating a little excitement.Hope the bar is stocked.Such a thirsty lot.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/budget-everything-you-need-know-7563257

Well Prime Ministers question time is on.Quite comical.

Some seem to have had a few jars already.

So exciting.

Oh how to be round the table collecting a few crumbs.

Waiting for things to heat up.Which they will.

Wonder if that quiet vote on Working Tax Cuts will be mentioned that took place the other day.Or night.

Some of them have probably forgotten already.

If they know where they are now.

Get the whips out,liven a few up.

Place is packed.Talking about a visit to a brewery where a good time was had by all.

Wondered how long it would take before booze was mentioned.

Serious talk to of course,sure is interesting.Waiting for someone to get stuck in.

Ask a question that will create a little roar.

George Osborne's backup has arrived.

Frances Osborne, the chancellor’s wife and author, has come to support her husband:

May need some support afterwards.For the fashion conscious amongst you.

Mrs Osborne sitting in VIP gallery to watch her husband. Also dressed in navy blue.

There you go near as live as i can find.

The Budget.Off we go.No need to leave.Wherever you are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament

Sounds like a day at the races. lol..
:lol:

Waiting to jump the first fence.

Is it the jumps or flat racing.

Are we in a sprint or a marathon.

Bets being taken on how long this budget lasts.

Not much has interested the owl yet.

Micro entrepreneurs,how interesting.You are getting tax cuts.Do you know a micro entrepreneur.

Are you one.

Corporation tax to be cut to 17%

Government to close a VAT loophole used by overseas internet merchandisers.

Osborne also announces a tax allowance for people who make money from activities like renting out a room. (The Airbnb allowance?)

600,000 small businesses to be taken out of business rates. This could save them £6,000 a year, he says.

250,000 firms will pay less in business rates, Osborne says.

Osborne announces a reform to stamp duty.

Small firms to benefit from a stamp duty reform. Some 90% will pay less, or be unaffected, although 9% of firms will pay more.

They are getting excited,had to be calmed down.

Should be renamed ' annual bribery day to current/potential voters'

I can remember in the past chancellors making decisions for the whole country, so if there was a budget deficit, they increased direct taxes. These days they tinker around with so much, picking winners and losers. They are so politically motivated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Taxes cut for North Sea oil industry

Osborne announces tax cuts for the oil and gas industry.

Petroleum revenue tax to be effectively abolished.

He says this is only affordable because Scotland is in the UK.

If it had voted to go independent in nine days time (the original plan, if there had been a Yes vote in September 2014), Scotland would face an economic crisis, he says.

Osborne says a new city deal has been signed for the Cardiff region.

From 2018 the price of the tolls on the Severn crossings to be halved.

Osborne says an air ambulance service will be created for Northern Ireland.

Greater Manchester to get new powers over criminal justice

Osborne turns to devolution.

Greater Manchester to get new powers over criminal justice.

English counties to get elected mayor. East Anglia to get an elected mayor, as will the West of England and Greater Lincolnshire.

Osborne says the Greater London Authority will move towards the full retention of business rates from next April - three years earlier than planned.

Getting excited there for a moment.Cheering,from some.

1st lap over,some tiring but no refreshments till afterwards they have been told.

No sneaking off.We can see you getting thirsty.

Osborne praises Andrew Adonis for his work as chair of the National Infrastructure Commission, and he confirms plans to go ahead with HS3.

Osborne announces an initiative to tackle homelessness.

Osborne says the new stamp duty rules will come into force in April. Large investors will be covered, he says.

Osborne says he wants to speed up planning, and prepare Britain for G5 technology.

He is also accepting the infrastructure commission’s recommendations on energy and London too.

And he jokes that Jeremy Corbyn will welcome the Crossrail 2 announcement. It is aimed at those like him who are “living in north London and heading south”.

That will not go down lightly,retaliation will come,for sure.

Osborne announces an extra £700m for resilience and flood defences.

Turning to sugar and obesity.Reminds me,dying for a cuppa,normal service resumes in five.

Osborne announces a new £520m levy on sugary drinks

Osborne turns to child health.

A child age five eats their body weight in sugar every year, he says.

He says some manufacturers are addressing this. Industry can act and, with the right incentives, it will.

He says is is not prepared to do nothing.

A sugar tax to be introduced on the drinks industry.

Good grief-Shares already sliding on some drink manufacturers.

A drive to improve schools in the north will be launched

Osborne turns to education.

Investing in schooling is the most important thing a government can do, he says.

Osborne confirms that English schools will be “freed” from local authority control, and turned into an academy.

He says London schools have been turned around. A new plan will focus on turning around schools in the north.

Osborne says he is going to abolish class 2 national insurance contributions for the self-employed.

Headline rate of capital gains tax cut from 28% to 20%.

Osborne says too many people in their 20s have no pensions or savings.

He wants to help, he says.

Osborne turns to drink.

Beer duty and cider duty to be frozen.

Duty on whisky to be frozen.

Other alcohol duties to rise in line with inflation.

Osborne turns to petrol duty.

It was frozen in the last parliament, he says. That saved £7bn.

A fuel duty increase was pencilled in for this year. But he knows that it poses a cost to families, he says.

Fuel duty to be frozen again, Osborne says. He says this will save the average driver £75.

Osborne says he is going to abolish class 2 national insurance contributions for the self-employed.

Headline rate of capital gains tax cut from 28% to 20%.

Under-40s to be allowed to open lifetime ISAs, with government contributing

Osborne turns to pensions.

He says his proposals on pensions were criticised by the Lib Dem former pensions minister, Steve Webb. He said Osborne was planning to abolish the lump sum.

Osborne says his reaction was to keep the lump sum, and abolish the Liberal Democrats.

Caused some laughs as you could imagine.Very excited.

The ISA saving to go up next year from around £15,000 to £20,000.

Anyone under 40 will be able to open a lifetime ISA. For every £4 you save, the government will give you £1 until you are 50. The money can be used to save for a pension, or for a home. It will help people who cannot save for a pension. And the government will consult on whether to make it work like the US 401k schemes. And people will be able to roll their help-to-buy ISAs into these schemes.

Osborne turns to income tax.

The personal allowance to go up to £11,500 from April next year. This will give 31m people a tax cut, and means people are paying more than £1,000 less in income tax than in 2010, he says.

The higher rate threshold to rise to £45,000 from April next year. This will take people out of the higher rate who should never have been covered by it, he says.

THE END THE RACE IS OVER,NOW FOR THE STEWARDS ENQUIRY.wILD CHEERING.

Now we wait for the response.iT IS COMING.

Jeremy Corbyn rises and is going to have his say and you can tell he is roused.

Looks very smart.Suited and booted.

Economic snap summary: Borrowing up, growth down.

Despite Osborne’s best efforts to talk up today’s budget, the bottom line is that Britain’s economy looks rather weaker than at November’s autumn statement.

Growth has been cut every year between now and 2020. And the new forecast of 2% growth this year could prove optimistic, if the global economy worsens.

And that means borrowing is higher than hoped. Osborne rattled through the deficit figures - but by my maths, Britain is going to borrow more than £34bn more than expected between now and 2019.

A surplus is still on the horizon in 2019, but at the cost of £3.5bn of new spending cuts. And that ‘dangerous cocktail of risks’ on the horizon could still put that at risk.

Here’s the new deficit figures:

2015-2016: £72.2bn, down from £73.5bn in the autumn statement

2016-2017: £55.5bn, up from £49.9bn

2017-2018: £38.8bn, up from £24.8bn

2018-2019: £21.4b, up from £4.6bn

2019-2020: £10.4bn surplus, compared with a £10.1bn surplus

2020-2021: £11bn surplus, compared with a £14.7bn surplus

The City’s verdict is in too. The pound has hit a two-week low, down one cent at $1.4060, as traders calculate that weak growth and higher borrowing = record low interest rates for a long time.

Is he still alive?

Alive and kicking.And was very roused.

At this moment i have not been able to get a video of the response but will.If anyone can find one before i do pop it on.

But a few words to give you the flavour.

Jeremy Corbyn responds to today's budget.

"I ask the Chancellor: If he can finance giveaways, why can he not fund dignity for disabled people?"

Jeremy Corbyn supports proposals on sugar

"This is a Chancellor for tax dodgers not tax payers, a Chancellor for hedge fund managers, not small businesses"

"So far 81% of the savings from the Tories’ tax and benefit changes will have come from women’s pockets"

"Osborne's priorities clear: Half a million disabled people lose over £1 billion, while corporations handed billions in tax cuts"

Corbyn welcomes investment support for homeless but says it is the product of under-funding local authorities

"Everybody deserves a safe roof over their head".

"It was a budget for hedge fund managers"

"The poorest have suffered the greatest proportion of the losses. This Budget could have been a chance for real commitment to fairness and equality. The Chancellor has failed."

Chancellor has failed to balance the books and rebalance our economy

This budget has unfairness at its core

Budget is culmination of six years of failure by chancellor.

can I wake up now? lol so tedious, sorry just my opinion :p

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I can't see the deficit being eliminated before about 2022. The world economy looks like going backwards for a period.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

George Osborne's backup has arrived.

Frances Osborne, the chancellor’s wife and author, has come to support her husband:

May need some support afterwards.For the fashion conscious amongst you.

Mrs Osborne sitting in VIP gallery to watch her husband. Also dressed in navy blue.

There you go near as live as i can find.

The Budget.Off we go.No need to leave.Wherever you are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament

This always makes me laugh - when MT was Prime Minister, they always mentioned her clothes/hats, etc.. how come we never hear what David Cameron is wearing ??

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

600,000 small businesses to be taken out of business rates. This could save them £6,000 a year, he says.

250,000 firms will pay less in business rates, Osborne says.

So this should stop them whining that they cant afford the new Living Wage or that if they have to pay it, they will go out of business !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the responses.Keep them coming.

The Labour leader was handed the toughest task in politics, responding outside his area of expertise to a very lengthy fiscal document with almost no advance warning.

But yes there was a moment that left many on the opposition benches ashen faced,not knowing where to look.

What do those looks you see say to you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-2016-jeremy-corbyn-response-to-george-osborne-video-esa-disability-benefits-cuts-a6934391.html

He says his proposals on pensions were criticised by the Lib Dem former pensions minister, Steve Webb. He said Osborne was planning to abolish the lump sum.

Osborne says his reaction was to keep the lump sum, and abolish the Liberal Democrats.

I understood he also added "I was tempted to say, starting from midnight, tonight" :lol:

BCOBS

was shocked to see semi skimmed milk has sugar in it, seems just about everything has some sort of sugar in it!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

was shocked to see semi skimmed milk has sugar in it, seems just about everything has some sort of sugar in it!

Natural sugar and not added ?

Most things have natural sugar, even snowdragons !

lol noooo, I do not have sugar

it says on the bottle, Fats, sugar, 4.8, salt 0.1, no idea what skimmed milk or full fat milk has in it

So prices will increase to include the sugar tax levy, haven't heard they will be reducing the price of fruit and veg to compensate. Funny that.

Indeed, but when they import so much from the EU then they have to pay extra fuel prices !!

BCOBS

Full Milk contains 4.7g sugar and 0.1 g salt, be fresh air next that has sugar/sweetner in it! :o