Vodafone porting issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Please find my account details below.

Cancellation and porting date: 29/12/2015

Having spent over 150 pounds a month for years with Vodafone I was unable to upgrade at a better rate than that offered online for new customers so decided to move my service to O2. I spoke to a customer service agent to cancel and port my number on 29/12/2015. I was told that I would not incur any penalties but would have the pay line rental for the 1 notice month period.

Was given a PAC code and moved my service to O2 on the same day. I have been up and running with O2 but for some reason all my incoming calls are going straight to Vodafone voice mail. I have been in touch with both O2 and Vodafone at length with this issue and the problem is still not resolved, instead being told that Vodafone is not at fault and that they are no longer my service provider. Having further investigate into this matter I can see that Vodafone have been having issues with porting for some time now due to a new system they have installed and have even been investigated by Ofcom. Furthermore EU regulations require that phone numbers be ported within one working day, and that customers do not lose their service for longer than that and it has been over 2 months!

I rely on my mobile number for business and have missed out of business opportunities, employment opportunity and almost missed my flight due to this issue. As you can see I have also copied the Ombudsman services into this matter and will be passing this email to Ofcom as this issue just does not seem to get resolved.

Last week on the 11th of March they sent me a text that they will refund me something not sure what and also I got a cancellation of direct debit email and I finally started to receive calls and messages after 2 months. I was happy and hopefull only to find out today 15th of March that they haven't cancelled my account, that the porting is still not done and they sent me a new bill for 66£ due by the 24th of March.

I spent in total in excess of 50 hours with them on the phone, their web chat where they sent you doesn't work and I email them and I ask for them to respond in writing as they lied to me via phone numerous times since December and they refuse to email. I asked to set up a meeting to show them my contract with O2 since 29th of December and explain face to face what they are doing wrong I was refused. All the store managers are telling me to call Vodafone customer service which is sending me in circles to speak with O2 and O2 is telling me the porting is done correctly. I believe O2 because since the 11th of March both my outgoing and incoming calls are O2 and I have a written contract with O2 since 29th December 2015. I think is just a way Vodafone keeps you hostage in a contract and untill they decide to resolve the issue they drain you and charge you. For 3 months I am paying 2 bills, 2 contracts on the same number Vodafone and O2. Why Vodafone is not letting me go I don't know!?

You would only be liable for line rental till end of january and any over tariff usage, i would expect your final bill to have been some time in february if you had used anything over tariff, january if there was no over usage.

If they are still charging for line rental, you must demand it back.

Porting is a complex area, yes it does get done within 24 hrs, but, when you process the port thru 02, 02 should give you the date the porting happens and it is within that 24 hr period that the port takes place.

Be absolutely clear that this is nothing to do with 02, they have requested the number, its moved across and 02 begin your new contract.

The issues you are having are billing issues because the agent who took your cancellation on 29/12 either did not action that request correctly or the system they have failed to action it correctly, none of which is down to 02.

There is a vodafone rep on here who should pick this up and deal with it, he's actually pretty good and is your best bet at getting the issues resolved

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Martin,

I checked with O2 several times and the porting took place on 29th of December 2015.

I did not use anything over as once I ported I got an O2 handset. Line rental ok I was expecting 1 off bill for December. But on vodafone's side all this time my contract was not cancelled without my consent they rolled me into a 1 month rolling contract for 66.49£ per month which I never agreed to. I asked to leave them on 29th of December.

Martin,

I don't think you understand the distress they put me through. I lost business opportunities as I was unable to receive calls.

I have evidence of what I lost and it's quite a sum of money. I am keen to find out the way to start a legal action against Vodafone as they avoid me and to this day after 3 months are not even looking to fix the situation.

I wrote to the regulator as well and I am keen to see if it works and it is any help.

Any advice would be great.

I don't want to have any credit rating issues and so on I want to resolve this immediately.

Hi Chipper64,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us.

However, I'm sure I can get the outstanding issues you've mentioned resolved.

As I'm unable to trace your account from the attachment you've posted, please email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

If you'd still prefer to communicate in writing only, please confirm this in your email.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Alex, have you used the form above to obtain a Vodafone reference number ? If not, click on the link, follow the instructions and when you are emailed the reference number post it back here in your thread. Then the CAG Vodafone Rep will be able to help you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi yes done the form u suggested. This is the message I got so they haven't given me a reference number:

'Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We've received your email and in most cases we'll answer within 48 hours.

In the meantime, these pages can answer most questions you may have:

The Vodafone Support section answers hundreds of queries ranging from price plans, using your phone at home and abroad and our exciting range of entertainment packs.

Looking to upgrade your phone?

Our Vodafone eForum lets you discuss the technical aspects of our products, services and the mobile world at large.

If your phone has been lost or stolen please call us straight away on the numbers below for a bar to be placed on your account.'

Alex, did you do exactly as requested in the post above ? Click on the link - Enter WRT135 ? If not, then you wont receive a CAG reference, which you will need for the CAG Vodafone Rep to respond to you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Just for me to get this right in my head

a) the porting was successful however incoming voice calls are sent to VF message service

b) instead of cancelling the contract, they put you on a different contract

c) still trying to DD you.

Have you cancelled the DD to VF?

I would suggest you leave Lee (the VF rep) out of this and write a formal complaint to their head office. If the letter you posted above was not headed as a formal complaint, VF will take as long as they like to resolve. Any letter must be headed Formal Complaint as VF won't treat it as such otherwise. I know this will take what has already been a frustrating experience a bit longer but it can only help you by following the correct process where VF have failed to do so.

There is another option you could follow and it is quite easy to do but you will need to be able to devote more time to it. Sue Vodafone. You have suffered a substantial financial loss over this matter and your time costs money. If you can work out what the likely costs to you so far are, start the ball rolling.

Vodafone do not like to be challenged, especially through the courts and I have seen a few threads where VF have settled at the 11th hour.

DO NOT threaten court action if you are not prepared to follow up with action. Failure to act emboldens VF and makes you look silly.

So, quantify your actual losses caused by VF, add on the time you have had to spend on this matter instead of running your business. Do not try to profit from this. You want to be put back into the position you were in before the debacle.

One other thing. IF the Ombudsman is investigating this and you decide to take court action, the Ombudsman must cease investigating but also, if you disagree with the Ombudsman, you can then begin court action.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would also follow up the email with a snail mail version of the same letter addressed to their head office and sent signed for delivery. This gives you extra protection should VF deny they received your complaint.

I would also send them a SAR to get all the account info and history. VF are notoriously bad at keeping records and if you can show where you have phoned them but nothing is recorded on the account info you have to ask why? They only keep phone recordings for a very short time so demand that any recordings available do not get deleted.

VF are very strict when it comes to you providing ID. Ensure that you include at least 3 forms of ID. Copy of Passport/Driving licence. Account number. Proof of address (utility bill) Bank statement (suitably redacted to obscure non relevant details). This will ensure that when it comes to the time you would expect delivery (40 days) they don't send you a letter demanding more proof so that they can delay supplying your data.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi yes done the form u suggested. This is the message I got so they haven't given me a reference number:

'Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We've received your email and in most cases we'll answer within 48 hours.

In the meantime, these pages can answer most questions you may have:

The Vodafone Support section answers hundreds of queries ranging from price plans, using your phone at home and abroad and our exciting range of entertainment packs.

Looking to upgrade your phone?

Our Vodafone eForum lets you discuss the technical aspects of our products, services and the mobile world at large.

If your phone has been lost or stolen please call us straight away on the numbers below for a bar to be placed on your account.'

Hi Alex1979,

I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience with us.

From the automated reply you've posted, there will be a reference number in the subject line.

So I can find your email, please update the thread with this.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

So Lee there is no reference! I tried! In 3 months since I have this nightmare I am terrified by Vodafone and the lack of will to be transparent, discuss matters with facts clearly and put things in writing!

My phone worked briefly for 3 days or so in the O2 network in other words I was receiving calls as well but now Vodafone sabotaged it completely the number and erased it sabotaging O2! Now the number is dead. I can make calls from in the O2 network but when someone tries to call me the number is dead.

It is possible yr sim is damaged

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Alex, just wanted to confirm that a faulty sim had been ruled out