Anytime Fitness Help

ozy8510
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ozy,

If you haven't done so already, CANCEL the DD mandate to Harlands via your bank immediately.

They've already shown that they could not be trusted to take the correct amount from your bank. Also, once they see you've had the DD's refunded, they'd be trying to take extra admin fees on top of the monthly fees.

Keep us posted ...........

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick

First communication from the club, this was emailed to me.

Thank you for being a member of Anytime Fitness.

You may not be aware but* your account is currently in arrears by £24.99. It is highly important that you contact the Club as soon as possible so we can rectify this for you.*Please do not ignore this letter.

If any of the team can help you make better use of your membership, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance.

May I remind you, as per the terms and conditions of your membership, you must remain a member at the club until your commitment end date of **/**/2017.

Yours sincerely

Membership Admin Team

Anytime Fitness

Hi Ozy,

I suggest a reply :-

Dear Anytime Fitness,

I refer to your email of xxdate.

My DD mandate has been cancelled because you failed to use it properly, to take the correct amount, on 2 occasions.

I have not used the gym since xxdate and do not intend to do so again.

Yours faithfully,

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Yup, that'll do fine for now.

• 3 weeks later...

HI Slick

I haven't had anothing back other than an email saying they have reinstated the direct debit which they have done without my approval, I've had to cancel this again with my bank, I can't see any funds taken yet.

Are they allowed to do this?

Thanks

Hi Ozy,

If you cancelled the DD via your bank, there's NOTHING they can do to reinstate it.

Please tell us exactly what they said about reinstating the DD in their email to you.

Hi Slick,

The bulk of the message is below, I cancelled this from my bank, but during this I was switching banks as well so cancelled it again from the new bank on the 5th April. I got the email below yesterday 20th and today the DD was there again, I've cancelled it straight when I saw it.

Notification of*Reinstated Direct Debit Instruction re

*Anytime Fitness

Dear*ozy

I am writing to advise that as from*20/04/2016*your Direct Debit under the reference below has been reinstated:

*Account Name: ozy *Account Number: *xxxx *Bank Sort Code: *xxxxxx *Service User*Number: *xxxx*Reference Number: *xxxx

Payment Schedule:

Collect debits of £xx.xx on day 1, each month from*May 2016 until further notice. The debit will be collected on or immediately after the date specified.

Yours sincerely

The Direct Debit Guarantee**********************************************************************************************************************************************

This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits. If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit ClubWise Software Ltd will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request ClubWise Software Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by ClubWise Software Ltd or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund that you are not entitled to you must pay it back when ClubWise Software Ltd asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may also be required Please also notify us.

Hi Ozy,

I guess the gym wrote about the DD being reinstated because the new bank had done this.

Good that you spotted it and cancelled it but keep a watch on this over the next 2 weeks to ensure nothing further happens via the bank.

Meanwhile, wait to see if the gym replies to your email in post #29 above.