PCN ON ELECTRIC LANE IN BRIXTON code 53j

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just received a PCN charge (code 53j) in the post and completely in shock. I turned into this road (Electric Lane) as I was trying to find parking and noticed it was a dead end, so just turned and drove out. I do not know Brixton that well as I live outside London. I also did not see any sign to say no entry at the said times.

I have gone on line to check and seen that the sign age is placed where it cannot be seen clearly.

I really feel that this ticket has been produced unfairly but need solid prove to show that its misleading. The only one I have is

1. Sign age not clear upon entry

2. Was not aware its meant for pedestrians

I would be very grateful if you can assist me with a letter to appeal to the council and also further prove. I want know whether the sign is within the Law and if this PCN is valid. Any suggestions, ie case law will help. I know a begging letter will not suffice with them, not unless I can prove they are wrong.

Many Thanks

any idea of which bit of Electric Lane you drove into? It cuts across a couple of other roads and is not entirely pedestrianised/time limited/traffic prohibited so you will have to be clear which signage would apply to you anyway. This could be to your advantage regarding the clarity of the signage.