Moorcroft Group PLC chasing old BT debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a letter from Moorcroft Group PLC saying they are attempting to contact me (my name and address are on the letter) regarding a personal matter and my address has been provided as a possible address for their customer.

It advises me to call them if it is me but also to call them if it isn't so they can update their records.

There is a reference on the letter which means nothing to me and I am almost 100% certain I do not owe money to anyone that is not currently being paid.

Is there any way I can find out what this is about without calling them as I am very reluctant to do so after reading various forum threads.

Any advice on what to do would be helpful.

Thanks

Just been digging a little more after reading other posts on here.

Checked my credit report on Clearscore and this apparently relates to an old BT account from my previous address 4 years ago which I had no idea was there or in arrears and no reason to think it existed.

Missed payments from February 2012 but the total owed is relatively low.

Seriously annoyed this has been affecting my credit rating.

Is there a way I can sort this out with BT without talking to Moorcroft as I really don't want to give them any details.

Ignore them completely. Its a phishing letter. Youll get another in a few weeks saying that it is you. Ignore that too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is an option to talk to bt if you wish to get it settled as its a relatively low amount but, it will make no difference to whats already been reported on your credit file other than to say its settled, the default marker if there is one will stay regardless.

Your call but i would simply ignore as advised

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

ignore it. Its a phishing letter. End of story.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D