2nd car insurance NCD

Boilerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've tried searching for an answer, however I can't find anything definitive, so here goes:-

as I understand it,the NCD is for the person, I say this, as if you have an accident you (the person) lose your NCD regardless of what car, van, lorry (unless you have a protected NCD, or would affect your NCD

Also reinforced by the fact that if someone driving your car on a TP insurance on their policy, you don't lose your NCD.

now, then, if the NCD is for the vehicle and not the insured owner, why, when you change your car do you not have to start the NCD process all over again.

The whole insurance industry appears to be one big [problem].

I'd really like someone to explain in simple terms what this is all about......Or if you believe that car insurance should be for the driver, maybe lobby the insurance companies to be realistic and sensible......Is this legal even.

Why should I, a driver with no accidents or claims should pay £195/year for the car I have now, but a second car would cost me nearly £1k. I shan't be driving the two cars at the same time, and whatever car I wont be driving will be locked up securely

Comments explanations would be very much appreciated. is there some way I can get a better fairer deal??

Thanks all

Ken

Simple solution insure the second car with your original insurer , they should be able to match the NCD for both cars

Hi all,

I've tried searching for an answer, however I can't find anything definitive, so here goes:-

as I understand it,the NCD is for the person, I say this, as if you have an accident you (the person) lose your NCD regardless of what car, van, lorry (unless you have a protected NCD, or would affect your NCD

Also reinforced by the fact that if someone driving your car on a TP insurance on their policy, you don't lose your NCD.

now, then, if the NCD is for the vehicle and not the insured owner, why, when you change your car do you not have to start the NCD process all over again.

The whole insurance industry appears to be one big [problem].

I'd really like someone to explain in simple terms what this is all about......Or if you believe that car insurance should be for the driver, maybe lobby the insurance companies to be realistic and sensible......Is this legal even.

Why should I, a driver with no accidents or claims should pay £195/year for the car I have now, but a second car would cost me nearly £1k. I shan't be driving the two cars at the same time, and whatever car I wont be driving will be locked up securely

Comments explanations would be very much appreciated. is there some way I can get a better fairer deal??

Thanks all

Ken

Admiral multicar may be a solution

The NCD is relative to one policy only not two, as you would have if you insure the 2nd car, unless you can do it with a multicar policy, ie the one admiral do

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

All the talk about NCD seems to be on the basis that it has some legal basis backed up by law. It does not. It is purely a practice of Insurers over a long period of time that has developed, with it becoming standardised within the industry, with a few minor differences applying.

A person builds up NCD entitlement on one car and if they have a second car, they can build up a separate second NCD entitlement on that second car. The reason they do that, is that the Insurers don't want to for financial reasons offer the same discount as the first car on a second car.

If people expect Insurers to offer NCD entitlement earned by one person to be shared on multiple cars, then all that would happen is that Insurers would adjust the premiums. At the end of the day, the Insurers have to collect the premiums required to be able to cover all the risks they are holding and to be profitable. If you look at the accounts of most UK Insurance companies, over the last 10 years, Motor Insurance has not been that profitable.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread