Santander (Cahoot) Credit Card

GUnder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As advised in another discussion I am going to start a new thread for each of my debtors. It will help me document my progress and get advise from others hopefully and eventually maybe even help others in a similar position to myself.

I am currently in a debt management plan through Payplan however I have decided to try & tackle the debt myself with the help of this forum.

I sent a credit agreement request about three months ago to Robinson Way who have contact Santander however I still haven't heard anything. I haven't stopped my payments to them although I believe I could, I just don't want to rock the boat at this stage.

I also sent a DSAR request to Santander myself and they have written back advising that they don't hold anything for me.

This prompted me to write a letter today to both Robinson Way & Santander requesting that the write off my debt.

I will post up the response here.

A list of my current debts. Credit agreement requests & DSARs are on their way to them all:

apex - sold by Lloyds - 7622.32 @ 32/mth

Barclaysicon - sold by Eggicon- 1188 @ 5.12/mth

HBOSicon - cahoot - 8903 @ 38.33/mth

london scottish - sold by intelligent finance - 6864 @ 29.55/mth

nco - Amex - 1156 @ 4.98/mth

pra/activ kapital - Lloyds - 1307 @ 5.63/mth

wescot - sold by Lloyds - 2428 @ 10.45/mth

total: 29000 @ 126/mth

As always, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Current Progress of Debts:

You seem to be getting cash cowed to the max, at that rate you will be paying these off for almost 20 years!!

So, have you registered with both noddle and clearscore to see whats still on your credit file?

If not, then thats a good place to start, anything thats no longer there can be forgotten about, they cant bring it back.

Robbers Way if they havent sent the agreement are in breach after 12 + 2 days so you "could" stop paying them, they cant enforce an agreement they dont have.

Im just going to stick with the Santander as thats what this thread is for, how old is it if Santander have no record of it?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks to this site, I now know that I have been cash cowed which is why I am trying to take control of my situation.

The Santander credit card was taken out approx 12 years ago & defaulted around ten years ago. It is no longer showing on my credit file. I don't want to just stop paying it as they will continue to harass me surely?

I am assuming that they won't entertain my request to write off the debt so my next step is to offer a full & final once I get some money together. Just not too sure where to start with this though?

so, have you sent CCA' to all of the various dca's and has it been over 12+2 days, if you have and the time limit has elapsed, i would stop paying them.

This will of course provoke them to write to you, but there is an outstanding CCA request, without which, they would very silly trying to take any furthe action, such as a court claim.

IMHO its the only way you will get them to listen to any offer you wish to make, then again if santander have no info then theres nowhere for RW to get it from and the debt is already unenforceable .

As there are a number of debts, try it with the santander one first, this will give you insight into how the rest are likely to pan out and you wont be overwhelmed with dealing with too much at once.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

thanks Martin, that is kind of what I am thinking.

The thought of trying to deal with too many has put me off facing up to my debts in the first place.

Go nail em

• 3 weeks later...

Received a reply from Hoist/Robinson Way kindly agreeing to write off my debt with them.

Thanks for your help so far Martin

one fleecers down

now nail the rest

keep that letter safe.

ps I bet it doesn't say write off?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Result!! Most probably SB'd years ago.

If you can pls scan and upload the letter minus any personal info, it helps others if they can see how things can end