Is it possible to find out who owns a residential property?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible to find out who owns a residential property?

I live next door to a house that is rented.

The tenants have been told by their landlord not to correspond or have any contact with me.

This stems from an issue with a boundary.

The landlord has contacted me himself by text, but the only details I have for him are a mobile number (which could obviously be changed at any time) and a surname (which I suspect might be an alias).

The landlord has not been particularly helpful and doesn't like me using the mobile number I have for him.

Is there anything I can do to identify this individual so I can correspond with him properly?

Or do I simply have to send any letters to my neighbours house and mark it for the attention of the landlord?

Any advice gratefully received.

You're right that making the tenants piggy in the middle is a bit unfair if they're blameless and you can find an alternative. Are there letting agents? If there are you could send correspondence for the landlord c/o their office. You can find who owns a property through the land registry but it may not give you details of where he lives.

Many thanks.

If I am able to find his address and write to him at that address, could that be construed as harassment (or am I worrying unnecessarily)?

His tenants first contacted me about the problem referred to above many months ago.

Enquiries revealed that it was their landlord's responsibility, but when I followed up with the tenants to ask what was happening their landlord got in touch and told me to stop hassling them.....

If I write to the landlord at that address (and it would be a polite and reasonable letter), could it be construed as harassment?

His tenants first contacted me about the problem referred to above.

Enquiries revealed it was their landlord's responsibility.

When I followed up some months later he got in touch and told me to stop harassing his tenants.....

Is it possible to find out who owns a residential property? I live next door to a house that is rented. The tenants have been told by their landlord not to correspond or have any contact with me. This stems from an issue with a boundary. The landlord has contacted me himself by text, but the only details I have for him are a mobile number (which could obviously be changed at any time) and a surname (which I suspect might be an alias). The landlord has not been particularly helpful and doesn't like me using the mobile number I have for him.

Is there anything I can do to identify this individual so I can correspond with him properly? Or do I simply have to send any letters to my neighbours house and mark it for the attention of the landlord?

Any advice gratefully received.

It depends on if it is "registered" or "unregistered" land.

If registered : the title deed would be obtainable from the Land Registry, who have a page on the gov.uk website on boundary disputes

https://www.gov.uk/your-property-boundaries