• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone excess Bill inspite of world traveller £896.80 unresolved since November 2015

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vodafone Charged me extra in November £896.80 Invoice number: B3-124148244 after several calls and confirming 3 times that the £896.80 will be refunded and we should call back for getting this credited to our account.

We were asked to go the store to get the phone checked and the store in Greenock also confirmed that these charges were to be refunded. Every time we called back to claim the amount we were told the charges have been under investigation.

This chasing has now gone on for last 5 months and we are coming to a conclusion to write to Ombudsman and take this to small court claim. However, today i finally managed to speak to senior Manager Jodie who was patient and understood the situation but only offered GBP 200 as goodwill which I have refused as i firmly believe these charges were incurred due to system error of Vodafone. I have been promised several calls before but nothing happened.

Now to see if this one comes. I was given Call reference number 1-4F4YRHZ8 and amount in dispute is £896.80 These charges have been incurred in UAE and China which were both part of World Traveler.

This needs to be resolved with some common sense and money needs to be refunded immediately.

WRT135

Edited by citizenB
formatting

If you still need help with your account, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAG Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Thread moved to correct forum - no need for you to do anything, this is purely an administrative move. .

I notice you have added WRT135 to the bottom of your post - this is not a Vodafone reference - you will need to click on the link in the quoted post above and enter the code WRT135 to obtain a Reference number that Vodafone provides for CAG members. You will be emailed the reference, which you will need to post here in your thread.

Meanwhile, you might want to have a look round other threads who are having problems with VF.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

I rather suspect the VF rep might not be around over the weekend, but hopefully other caggers will be able to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi P_gupta

Welcome to CAG

In relation to the charges with Vodafone and the account, can we have some further information on it?

Was World Traveler supposed to be on there and it wasnt?

Had there been some confusion between the worldtraveler and eurotraveler service they offer?

Is the Vodafone Account under suspension at this point? Had you paid the amount in full?

Any more info is appreciated.

An immediate refund right now wont happen, however, with the proper care and due diligence that Lee uses, it could be resolved Relatively quickly.

Please remember to keep us posted on the issue.

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi P_gupta

Welcome to CAG

In relation to the charges with Vodafone and the account, can we have some further information on it?

Was World Traveler supposed to be on there and it wasnt?

Had there been some confusion between the worldtraveler and eurotraveler service they offer?

Is the Vodafone Account under suspension at this point? Had you paid the amount in full?

Any more info is appreciated.

The amount was taken off the account and has been paid as I have a direct debit. Account is not suspended. The world traveller was very much on and subscribed to, no confusion there at all.

Also one to watch for, Vodafone do have an overseas limit to spending on as a setting on the SIM with their new online system (Which is terrible i might add for the CS side)

I would also check that this was enabled.

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

You say you have been chasing this for the last 5 months. Please be aware that you have 6 months to complain to the Ombudsman so I would get your complaint in as soon as possible.

If you decide to use the Ombudsman, you must let them complete the investigation before even thinking of court action. If you choose court action whilst the Ombudsman investigation is ongoing, they must cease the investigation.

This is just another example of Vodafones incompetence and I would move as soon as possible. Once this company gets its act together, I may change my opinion but in all honesty, I can't see that happening as once they have your money, they don't care.

I would also investigate the option of VF breaching their own terms and conditions allowing you to move away without penalty.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

FYI, Many of our clients use Vodafone and ALL have had problems with world / euro traveler. You often need to reply to an automatic text message which arrives as soon as you switch your phone on to enable it. In our case, this didn't work and so our clients often end up with huge bills then spend weeks fighting it. Vodafone needs to sort this out.

Hi P_gupta01,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

I got a message for a phone call today but I saw it after as I was on another call. The number also came up as fraud on my phone so I wasn't sure. Issue still unresolved

FYI, Many of our clients use Vodafone and ALL have had problems with world / euro traveler. You often need to reply to an automatic text message which arrives as soon as you switch your phone on to enable it. In our case, this didn't work and so our clients often end up with huge bills then spend weeks fighting it. Vodafone needs to sort this out.

Last year with Vodafone was total chaos

Keep on at lee to get this resolved

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Dear Lee

I am not begging Vodafone here for any goodwill discount. This bill is wrongly charged and I have enough proofs of that. I can't stay with Vodafone if this is not done and will take this to court if these charges are not refunded.

I have been confirmed on 3 occasions that these were a mistake and will be refunded in full including at the local shop.

This is not done.

Poonam

You have come up against the Vodafone brick wall. Even though they have said it was a mistake, they won't resolve it to your satisfaction, only theirs

I would demand a deadlock letter from VF so that you can go to the Ombudsman (if you wish to go that way) If you haven't done so yet. send VF a SAR to get the account history.

If you have the admission that this is a mistake in writing (live chat) then you could issue a Letter Before Action giving them 14 days to rectify and if they fail, take them to court. While complicated. the small claims court is easier for the layman to navigate than any other track. Please don't follow this if you are not going to follow through as it will make you appear silly and lets VF carry on with their poor practices.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Dear Lee

I am not begging Vodafone here for any goodwill discount. This bill is wrongly charged and I have enough proofs of that. I can't stay with Vodafone if this is not done and will take this to court if these charges are not refunded.

I have been confirmed on 3 occasions that these were a mistake and will be refunded in full including at the local shop.

This is not done.

Poonam

Lee

All documents you have asked from me are already sent to your customer care team. The message copy and the ticket details. Can you check the records and also check that on 3 occasions your team including the local Vodafone shop have agreed that charges were incorrect and will be refunded in full and gone back on that

You have come up against the Vodafone brick wall. Even though they have said it was a mistake, they won't resolve it to your satisfaction, only theirs

I would demand a deadlock letter from VF so that you can go to the Ombudsman (if you wish to go that way) If you haven't done so yet. send VF a SAR to get the account history.

If you have the admission that this is a mistake in writing (live chat) then you could issue a Letter Before Action giving them 14 days to rectify and if they fail, take them to court. While complicated. the small claims court is easier for the layman to navigate than any other track. Please don't follow this if you are not going to follow through as it will make you appear silly and lets VF carry on with their poor practices.

Thank you got the advise I will surely look into this too. I have already written with all proof to the ombudsman