xercise4less and harlands

acutt31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if people could help me please!!

I cancelled my membership at xercise4less in november of 2015 and received a receipt of this cancellation in letter form. I told them that I had changed address and so if there was any issues to contact me via email or at my new address.

I heard nothing from them until harlands attempted to take £34 out of my account which I spoke to them and said it was a mistake.

I recently went to my old address to collect a parcel I accidently had sent there and found 2 letter one from Harlands saying i owed money and another from CRS saying i owed over £171 for admin charges etc

I contacted Xercise4less and was told they have no record of my cancellation and as I have lost my receipt (its been 5 month since i cancelled) have said its out of their hands.

Is there anything I can do considering they knew about my change of address and didnt have access to the old house until this week??

any help would be great

Welcome to CAG Acutt31

Due to the nature of the complaint and as you have had a form sent to you to confirm cancellation (There be a log on the system for this), I would suggest a formal complaint to the MD.

I have seen many cases of this nature and their central teams usually put them to sleep quite quickly.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Acutt and welcome to CAG

Do not speak to Harlands/CRS for any reason. You don't need to talk to them and, if you do, it will never be advantageous to you. They have no power or authority at all.

Don't worry about their threats or the admin fees they're adding. We maintain that such fees are neither lawful, nor unenforceable.

1. Are you certain you won't find the cancellation letter you got from the gym ? It would make your issue a whole lot easier.

2. Did you pay a final m/ship fee after cancelling.

3. Were you beyond the initial minimum m/ship period.

I would go back into the gym. Tell them the approx date you cancelled and ask that they give you a copy of the receipt because Harlands are now threatening you and piling on admin fees. Let us know how this goes.

Then we can decide how you should write to Harlands/CRS and/or X4Less about the cancellation and the change of address.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It is highly unlikely I will be able to find it as it was 5 months ago.

Also I have contacted Xercise4less and they have contacted head office who have said they cant do anything as its now in Harlands and CRS's hands. They are saying they have no cancellation form for me.

It is highly unlikely I will be able to find it as it was 5 months ago.

Also I have contacted Xercise4less and they have contacted head office who have said they cant do anything as its now in Harlands and CRS's hands. They are saying they have no cancellation form for me.

Did you contact them through the method I gave you?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Acutt,

Have you done what I suggested - ie go into the gym and speak to them face to face. You might recognise the person who d/w your cancellation 5 months back and you could note their name and position.

If you only spoke to the gym by phone, they probably just couldn't be bothered or interested

Please answer my Q's 2 and 3 above.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)