old PPI found - but i went Bankrupt in 2011 - is this money mine?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

let it run

you've done 'nothing wrong'

opps sorry didn't know approach if it gets sticky.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

another month has passed and I still havent heard from the OR in regards to the money i transferred from Natwest to Barclays.

I also decided to contact Natwest to clarify that it was the OR who had implemented the marker being put back on the account and was informed that the money is STILL in the account.

Now it wasnt clear if it was the bank who put the marker back on or the OR got involved again but apparently a letter is on route from the bank so i guess it's wait and see.

• 9 months later...

since June 2016 I have heard nothing from Natwest or the bank.

From what I can gather having spoken to the bank online the account is still in place and the rest of the money £1400 is still just sat there.

My bankruptcy discharge was 11th April 2011 which means it will have been 6 years in a couple of weeks and then I believe I am clear of the bankruptcy in regards to my credit file, is that right?

Also does this then lend itself to my being able to claim the money if it is still just sat there doing nothing?

It would be a good outcome if you could finally claim the money, you certainly deserve it for being so honest and doing the right thing. If the OR hasn't tried to access the funds over the past six years it suggests they aren't interested in them.

Is it possible to find out if the outstanding debts have already been settled in full and that you are in the clear? Maybe once you are discharged you would become entitled to any redress payments. We really need an expert on bankruptcy to answer this one.

• Haha 1

Already discharged, just waiting for it to finally be clear of my credit file in a few days time.

Am wondering where I stand in regards to the money if its still there after the six year period,

plus is it obvious they dont want it if after all my efforts they still havent bothered to collect it?

Exactly, no one could say you haven't tried to direct this money to its rightful owner. Hope an expert in these matters will come along soon and answer this query. Who knows maybe it will be yours in a few days time?