Suspected Fraud in Local Authority

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi forum,

a quick question to start off on what has become a massive issue for me,

(with Judicial Review potentially the only way out).

Is the legal department of a local council duty bound to disclose evidence of clear fraud

I have submitted in course of a legal dispute to the Police who were investigating their housing department at the same time, )arresting at least one member of staff for fraud).

are they "public officers" in a wide sense

- and therefore upholdable to a different standard were they to be a private landlord prosecuting a section.20 invoice bill).

I understand that Lawyers need to "represent' their clients to the best of their ability,

but if they are presented with "smoking gun" evidence of fraud,

should they not have forwarded this to the police who were raiding their offices?

thanks,

bert

Hi I tried the local police, 101, and then action against fraud (online), but it takes 8 weeks for the info to filter up.

It seems there is no way to get to CID officers directly from all of these channels, which is a pain because they may be dropping charges through lack of evidence :/

The journalist who posted the story is on leave for another 3 weeks (I emailedl him and got his autoresponder).

b.

Edited by bertrand5s

Hi I tried the local police, 101, and then action against fraud (online), but it takes 8 weeks for the info to filter up.

It seems there is no way to get to CID officers directly from all of these channels, which is a pain because they may be dropping charges through lack of evidence :/

The journalist who posted the story is on leave for another 3 weeks (I emailedl him and got his autoresponder).

b.

Hello there.

Have you tried going into a police station and trying to get someone more senior to look at this?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

No, they are not obliged to send this to the police and they are not obliged to tell you whether or not they have done so.

May I ask what is the 'fraud' you think you have uncovered, and why is this a massive issue for you?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS