Employment Tribunal Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My daughter represented herself in a lengthy employment tribunal (11 days) over a year ago and she is yet to receive the judgement. She has on occasion e-mailed the ET to see if there is any progress but a year on she is none the wiser and has no indication as to when she will receive it. Can anyone advise if this is normal practice, over a year seems an excessive time to wait.

Thank you

Thank you steampowered. I will get her to do exactly that. She did e-mail to request an update over two weeks ago and apart from an automated response has had no reply. She is becoming increasing frustrated at the lack of information being provided and what appears their reluctance to issue judgement.

Yes Becky she has and each time they give her a timescale for the judgement and reasons to be issued, she has had to chase this up, only for the goalpost to change.

She telephoned the ET today as she did not receive a response to her e-mail requesting an update 11 days ago and was basically advised the Judge has other case commitments and she would get it when she receives it. It is now 13 months since her hearing ended.

We don't know what to do now.

Thank you for your advice.

Thank you ericsbrother.

It may become an option for my daughter. I think she is concerned she may 'rock the boat' if she takes any official action. Tribunals and judges are obviously a law unto themselves as nothing she does seems to be prompting a response. She is slowly losing faith in the judicial system, it was hard enough representing herself in a complex case but the delays are not doing anything to instil confidence.

The judge may be unaware of the problem : it may be an admin error by the tribunal staff. If the judge us the issue then they need support.

Either way, if it is done appropriately, a complaint should be seen as a constructive criticism .....

The judge may be unaware of the problem : it may be an admin error by the tribunal staff. If the judge us the issue then they need support.

Either way, if it is done appropriately, a complaint should be seen as a constructive criticism .....

Never the judge now is it Baz, always someone else, could it be Mr Smith, now there is a thought.

Never the judge now is it Baz, always someone else, could it be Mr Smith, now there is a thought.

"The judge may be unaware" and "If the judge" and "Either way" shows that I accept it might be the judge (but might not).

You should keep your errant preconceptions on your own thread : why embarrass yourself here too. People can see what I've written, what you have written and make their own mind up who is leaping to assumptions ...

At long last my daughter has a sort of definitive response. She has now been advised the Judgement is with the Tribunal Chair awaiting signature and it should 'hopefully' be with her within two weeks, we shall see.

Thank you for all your advice.