ADvantis Credit dealing with DVLA Car tax fine

supermancss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved address in March and changed my licence over straight away, got this back no issues. I however forgot to send off my v5 for change of address. October came and my TAX expired but hadn’t realised as I was on the digital system then and got no reminder as they went to my old address!

I first noticed I hadn’t done it when I had a letter from Advantis Credit saying DVLA wanted to speak to me regarding a matter and they had helped by tracing me.

I have not contacted Advantis and contacted DVLA directly and spoke to someone who advised I had a £80 fine and £15 to catch up with the month I missed of tax in October.

I actually only taxed the car from January onwards from doing it online as I still had my unchanged v5. I then sent off the v5 and have this back in my name.

The advisor on the phone said I could write in to appeal if I wanted. I wrote in and explained I hadn’t received the original penalty notice and asked if they would consider giving the lower £40 option so I would pay a total of £55. I was prepared to pay this amount and just get it over with, they wrote back and refused. They said there was no good reason (I didn’t explain I hadn’t changed my v5, only that I didn’t get the reminder or penalty letter.

They have stated in the letter that Advantis Credit are now dealing with the matter and to contact and pay them. I’ve read on the forums a few comments about NOT talking to DCA at all, what I don’t want is to ignore the £80 + £15 fine and then it end up in court.

Is there any circumstance in just simply ignoring the DCA and hoping it all goes away and they write it off as abad debt?

I’m assuming the DVLA will give all details to them, if they write off as unrecoverable it comes back to DVLA and they then consider court applications etc.

IF this did happen, would they actually use my current and newly updated address do you think??

Few slight differences to other posts and I have read some others that are similar. I would appreciate some ideas on the points I raised;

1) Should I ignore and wait until DVLA threaten court?

2) Pay the amount requested of £95 total

3) Something else?

Many thanks

you certainly totally ignore the DCA

they are totally powerless.

pers i'd simply pay DVLA

cant see what else you can do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we've not seen any go that route

that have reported here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we've not seen any go that route

that have reported here

What are the warning signs that a court application will be made? The Advantis credit will just send letters etc which will be ignored as I have never confirmed with them I have received any of their letters.

I've written to DVLA who refused my request to lower the £80 to £40 but they refused, I haven't really got the money to pay it so have to hold off paying it as long as possible but even more cant afford for the debt to grow.

well it would be the DVLA that would escalate it

not seen that here.

there are quite a few threads here

that might be worthy for you to read and these 'fines' from the dvla.

and they