Vodafone premium SMS via MiraGames - £360!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your grievance is with vodafone, whether directly or indirectly, they have levied these charges to your account.

Letter before action time, giving 14+2 days to resolve before taking legal action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how you get on

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Unlikely, OP hasnt said its been from day one which you expect if it was a recycled number

No the number wasnt recycled. Its a pain as we moved it from Payg to Paym then they put it as " business" i had to call 3 times to explain we are not a business then finally they changed it. They just messed us up over & over to be honest. Ive ended up getting my partner a new line on EE, But its funny, Im still chasing the £360, They placed the acc in deadlock we didnt pay no bills since but yet theyve kept the line active

So an update on the situation

Miragame responded :

Dear xxxxx,

We have saw your pic and found you had beed charged 30 £ every time Monthly. We do not have charge type of monthly debit way and we do not offer Mobile pay service for a long time. So it could not be us. Other way, we sell T-Points cards,have no kind of card value 30 £. You could learn more about our sales from our offical website:http://www.talismanonline.com/purchase.aspx

We think you should find vodafone for help, which have no business relationship with us.

Warm regards,

Talisman Online

Vodafone directors office responded but then asked me again for my mobile number and then failed to respond, I have sent them a final demand for communication before i proceed to use the consumeractiongroup guide to taking them to small claims court.

You have a final response from VF and miragame have no dealings as per email.

Time to issue a claim

Keep POC short and to the point and post up for checking first

You have a final response from VF and miragame have no dealings as per email.

Time to issue a claim

Keep POC short and to the point and post up for checking first

Just wondering where do i purchase the guide to taking them to small claims court. I want to do everything correctly

If your on a laptop or pc there is an add to the left near the top

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

pixel.gifpixel.gifPayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Do you accept Bitcoin?

Please bear with me, i'll check whats wrong

nope, its not working i'll ask one of the mods to have a look

Damn i think the guides on amazon il get it from there for now and begin proceedings and preparing a case because i wont be letting this go. Can i make a claim for compensation also or just total costs ?

Im about to make a claim on the gov website to take them to small claims court. The mobile phone contract is in my partners name although she isnt very good with all of this, And i am also on the account as an authorized party and im the 1 who has paid the bill.

So the question is can I take them to court or does it have to be my partner? as im the 1 with all the evidence, All the correspondance and the 1 that paid the bills and like i said im an authorized party on the phone account

No it would have to be in your partners name as you dont have a contract with them, nothing stopping you from doing all the work tho, but ultimately, if it got that far, it would be your partner who is in court, you could of course go with them

I see no readon why not, the team will jump in and advise if thats not the case but diesnt stop you doing all the legwork, at least until you are walking into the courtroom

Vodafone just responded, I believe if theyre offering £100 theyre kind of admitting liability?

Thank you for contacting the Directors Office for Vodafone. I have been through your account in relation to the email you have sent us.

We can offer you £100 as gesture of goodwill or as stated from the letter of deadlock you received on 18/02/2016 you can seek third party advice.

This is our final stand on the case.

Kind regards,

For and on Behalf of

Jeroen Hoencamp

Vodafone CEO UK

Vodafone Limited

Edited by citizenB
Removed name

Was there something that you possibly got for free on PAYG, that wasn't in the monthly contract when you changed it?

I say this because something similar happened to my girlfriend. She was on T Mobile and had a tune that played to any caller who called her rather than a ringing tone, it was for free. She got texts through every so often about this but they weren't charged. When she next renewed her contract this wasn't included. The access for her to change the tune stopped and so did the texts, so she thought that was the end of it. Soon after this T mobile became EE and when she signed her next monthly contract, changing to EE, she started getting £1 charges on her bill every month for something called ringtags. The texts started up again, so she replied 'STOP' and 'STOP ALL' but they kept coming.

EE said that T mobile sold the 'ringtags' to a third party company 5 years ago and they should be contacted to stop texts from coming through. This company said they no longer charged through billing and to go to EE. Eventually EE managed to stop the texts and charges coming through after several complaints in store and over the phone, but to be fair to them they always refunded them when asked to do so.

Good luck with your case.

Well i wrote to vodafone directors again and they sent me another letter asking to to accept £100 and telling me the account is still in deadlock. I have emailed them twice now to ask for FULL logs of every outgoing and incoming CALL + SMS to support my courtcase in which they have failed to reply.

Dont they HAVE TO provide me with these details? As i know for sure they will support my case in court to prove no subscription was ever undertaken which in my eyes would be a clear ruling in my favour and mean that they are at fault for allowing the money to be taken from the account.

Dont they HAVE TO provide me with these details?

According to Vodafone...

Lists of calls and SMS / MMS made to and from your Vodafone Mobile Phone

You will be able to request lists of calls and texts made from your mobile phones.

We store detailed records of incoming calls, texts and other messages for a 12 month period

only.

We cannot provide you with details of incoming calls or messages older than 12 months.

We will not provide details relating to incoming calls, unless we have a Court Order This is to protect the privacy of the individual who made the call. Please see section at the end about Court Orders if you need incoming call information.

List of incoming SMS / MMS to your mobile phone.

Vodafone can provide you with a list of your incoming SMS / MMS for the previous 12 months

only.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/vftst042750.pdf

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert