Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1637 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Readdress for grotesque and repugnant customer service, then I would be looking for £ 2500.

British Gas are law breakers as an out of court settlement.

Have a read at the attached court of appeal case against British gas in 2009. £10,000.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

You have done nothing wrong. British Gas are the law breakers.

Stevie

Cripes!

Even when they sent me the correct bill a couple of weeks ago, which has been paid, I was trying to explain to them they had overbilled me in the past and had my money! The response of the complaint department has been to send me two more incorrect bills for past use, even though I told them in advance that these bills were wrong and they had finally billed me properly.

They are so stunningly incompetent.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Steve Howie. I mentioned that case and the whole thing was immediately resolved.

Weird that isn't it. Ended up with one of the people running the complaints department contacting me personally, apologising etc...

Awful though that you have to cite actual case law before they follow through their legal obligations.

Cripes!

Even when they sent me the correct bill a couple of weeks ago, which has been paid, I was trying to explain to them they had overbilled me in the past and had my money! The response of the complaint department has been to send me two more incorrect bills for past use, even though I told them in advance that these bills were wrong and they had finally billed me properly.

They are so stunningly incompetent.

Thanks to Steve Howie. I mentioned that case and the whole thing was immediately resolved.

Weird that isn't it. Ended up with one of the people running the complaints department contacting me personally, apologising etc...

Awful though that you have to cite actual case law before they follow through their legal obligations.

Schweppes33

Happy that the advice given on case law , duties and obligations got a conclusion that you were happy with. Always glad to help.

I still see the mods on this site have not started links to case law, or legislation governing utilities, that I have placed on this forum. This should have been done years ago.

Why is that mods?

Stevie

Well done......

Stevie if you would like to start a thread on the relevant legislation governing utilities and any case law and we will be happy to consider it for a stickie.

A new thread...not on another posters.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread