Overseas Bank Charges

sh1202
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I recently spent a year in South America, where I believe that I was charged in total about £200-£300 to withdraw money on my debit/credit card. These were cash machine fees applied to the withdrawals by HSBC. I would like to know if there is any scope in reclaiming these charges.

I am not sure if this could be considered a penalty charge as I had no other option to withdraw money from my account whilst abroad. Further, it certainly does not cost £1.75/£2.75 for HSBC to administer each withdrawal!

I should be grateful for any and all replies, as I truly believe that everyone needs to teach these banks a lesson!

And could the OFT ever say to banks, "you must now pay back the surplus amount (i.e. more than £12) on every single penalty charge levied against a client in the last six years". Now wouldn't that be sweet!

Cheers,

Stephan.

Get an account with the Nationwide as they don't charge for cash withdrawls or use of debit cards abroad whilst still giving a competitive exchange rate.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

You'd think their costs have already been absorbed by the pitiful exchange rates they offer you, with huge spreads.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941