UKPL/UCS Windscreen PCN - Castle Car Park Windsor.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been a member for years, but this is my first post.

My husband has received a letter from UCS, stating that they have been instructed by UK Parking Limited, for a PCN in (afaik) a private car park. It states that UKPL wrote to him & that we did not respond & therefore cannot appeal. We have had no correspondence from them, And I presume that they would have had to write with date & time stamped photographic proof?

They are stating that we were parked after the expired time on a P&D ticket and the original charge was £100 and they have added a £60 Admin Fee. They have threatened him with a solicitor, if he either does not pay, or does not say who was driving the car, if it wasn`t him. They are also trying to use scare tactics by quoting the case of Parking Eye V Beavis. The letter then goes on to "advise" us not to believe information given on the interent, and to gain legal advice.

I have been trying to find an email contact for them, so that I have a paper trail & also because I do not want to speak to them (hubbie doesn`t have time due to work, so I am dealing with it). I wanted to email this - Pls can anyone advise if it is acceptable to send?

Hello,

I am contacting you as my husband was sent a letter from you, saying that UK Parking Limited had instructed you to contact him, due to non payment of a parking charge notice.

The reference number is - ********

We have not received anything in writing from UK Parking Limited and I presume that they have to contact us with evidence of any wrong doing, such as timed & dated photographs. I am sure that as a legitimate company, you wouldn't expect anyone to make payment without such proof.

I presume that you will be contacting them to send us the relevant information before you proceed.

Yours sincerely,

Our 14 days to respond is up tomorrow (well today as it is now gone midnight!)

Thanks & Kind Regards :)

First, forget the 14 days to respond.

Second, forget sending a reasonable letter to UCS, a debt collector. There is nothing reasonable with any company involved in the world of private parking...

Contact the DVLA immediately and demand to know who, why and when they sold your private information to. This is free for the RK.

email - [email protected]

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

When was the date of the parking event?

Hi and (finally) welcome to CAG

Can we first clarify that this is UK Parking Limited and not any other name (UKPC,UKCPM)

On the assumption this is UKPL then they are members of the IPC however they moved from the BPA last year and have been using BPA tickets when they shouldn't.

They issue paper tickets so one should have been attached to the vehicle. After 28 days with no contact from the driver, they can contact the registered keeper however, members of the IPC do not follow the PoFA 2012 so make things up as they go along.

As it stands and based on your statements, this is out of time anyway. You are too late to appeal to the IPC but that doesn't matter as they are a kangaroo court anyway.

With UCS, they can be safely ignored as they hqave less power than I have. NONE!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

To add to the above, if you write to UCS they wil think that you actually give a damn and therefore might pay up if they bother you enough.

As dca's have no rights or interest in any matter just ignore them and let them waste a tree writing to you rather than the other way round.

PE v Beavis means that it is no longer necessary to produce a schedule of loss and that £80 isnt too lage an amount to claim. It doesnt say anything about the abilities of parking co's to find their backsides with both hands and in your case they cant.

They will get fed up of wasting money soon so bin your letter and enjoy the rest of the day.

Thank you for the welcome, and the great advice, I really appreciate it :)

Sorry I am replying so late, I am only just in the house since this morning!

We did get a paper ticket on the windscreen, but it had no times on it & as far as we knew, we had paid the correct amount so we waited for them to contact us in writing with photos etc, which is what I thought is supposed to happen (I have never had a parking ticket before). If we are proven to be in the wrong, I would have no problem paying a fine, but it definitely wasn`t worth £100!

Are you sure that I won`t have debt collectors on my doorstep? I am in & out and my (adult) daughter has SN, I don`t want someone to knock and confuse or scare her :( Though I have told her not to answer it if I am not here and I have 3 large & loud dogs that like to bark when someone knocks :razz:

Thank you again, I really appreciate your help & advice,

Kind Regards x

No debt collector will call at your home.

Did you get any letters after the windscreen ticket? (before UCS took over) If so, what dates are on the letters?

You can't act for your husband without his written permission or you pretend to be him.

As it stands, UCS can do nothing to you (except write letters) and UKPL are unlikely to do much but bear in mind there is always a first time for everything. They took precisely 9 cases to court in 2015 and won 10% (approx) so that means they won one. Lost 8. They are small fry in the world of private parking.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I feel this charge is well out of time and, if needed, you can put UKPL to strict proof that they followed it up.

I would suggest you ignore this matter unless a Letter Before Action arrives or even if a solicitors letter turns up.

Their problem is they have to prove their case and they cant.

That is why they are using these threatogram peddlers to chase the matter up,

they know it has no legs and that you will fear a knock at the door etc.

Until the draft bill on dangerous dogs on private land becomes law you may let your pooches feast on anyone who does call as long as you dont urge them to.

• 1 month later...

Evening, I posted previously and got some helpful advice, thank you :)

My original post is headed - UCS Debt Collection Letter On Behalf Of UK Parking Limited (unable to add link)

I have now received a letter from CSB Solicitors, demanding the payment and obviously, the amount has now gone up :|

I always thought that if a debt was owed, debt collectors contact you? Not a solicitor? I`m not sure where to take things from here and it is a stress that I could do without at the moment :(

I would really appreciate it, if you could give me more advice.

Thanks & Kind regards :)

P.s I have tried uploading a photo of the letter, but apparently I don`t have enough posts to do so :(

Re-reading the letter, most of it says "may" for example -

"Our client MAY instruct us to take legal action against you in the county court"

And when mentioning the added costs of court action, it says "COULD include (but not be limited to)"

It then goes on to warn that if a judgement is made against us, it will seriously affect out credit status and will be held on record for 6 years.

threads merged please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much :)

ericsbrother said:
Their problem is they have to prove their case and they cant.

That is why they are using these threatogram peddlers to chase the matter up,

they know it has no legs and that you will fear a knock at the door etc.

Until the draft bill on dangerous dogs on private land becomes law you may let your pooches feast on anyone who does call as long as you dont urge them to.

@ericsb

Ha! Sorry, I have just seen your reply. I don`t think I would want my furbabies to bite them if they came, don`t know what they would catch 😉

Sorry to spam, trying to get to 10 posts, so that I can post the photo of the letter we have received :)

So, this is the letter we received, I don`t know where to take things from here :(

Thank you :) So we continue to ignore?!

cbs Solicitor Letter.pdf

It was for 21st November 2015

its 18mts old.

yes ignore unless you get a letter before action.

or a claimform

exactly where did you park/

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well out of time.

dx

and they

Solicitors for hire! They will do what their client wants, irrespective of whether they have the lawful right or not.

They could recommend their 'client' stick their heads in the fire but their 'client' doesn't have to follow its advice.

As for the additional costs. Total rubbish. 'Issue of warrant, £100' HUH! what warrant?

looks like that address is a mailbox drop only too..

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPL/UCS Windscreen PCN - Castle Car Park Windsor.