• Tweets

• “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania LOL   Does seem that way HB - all the little trumpies throwing their money away while 'larger players' milk them by 'shorting it seems     I'm waiting for it to drop below $20 before investing ... .. some more chortles  
    • Clyde Valley Housing Association have received the following reprimand because of an infringement that occurred in July 2022 when they released a new customer portal. This portal included personal data of data subjects and residents found they were able to view personal information such as names and addresses about other residents. A resident reported this to Clyde Valley Housing Association, however this concern was not escalated appropriately which led to data remaining viewable on the portal for a further 5 days until further residents reported the issue and Clyde Valley Housing Association suspended the portal.View the full article
    • It's mostly small investors, isn't it, TJ? I don't think Wall Street and institutions have bought into Truth Social. Much like US banks don't want to lend to him, I'm reading.
    • Looking on their website I would of thought that a Life interest trust would of been set up, and they state:   "A life interest trust  (also known as possession trusts or interest in possession trusts) be used for preserving assets for the next generation whilst providing a benefit for the current generation. For example, if your home is placed into a life interest trust, then the person with this interest can continue to live there until their death. The house would then be distributed in line with your Will." & A trust can be created in your lifetime, which is to take immediate effect (often referred to as a “lifetime settlement”), or it can be created on death through your Will (known as a “Will Trust”).
    • “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania   LOL Hit $26 and likely temporarily bounced back a bit to 27 dollars - from $78 - still a good return on MHA (malodorous hot air)   Wonder whos making the money off this ponzi looking scheme share price colapse?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Damo claim against HSBC

DJ Damo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I right in saying that since the ruling on 5th April that there is now no need to request a list of charges, and that I can go to straight to the LBA stage and base my claim upon a sum of the charges I find from my online statements?

regards

Damo

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

Claim filed : 6th June

Claim Ref: 6QZ36353

Guest Lueeze

If you have all the Charges listed and you know what they are then great go for the prelim letter 14days the LBA 14 days then Court..

Follow that as it has worked well for others on here

Good Luck

What I intend to do is have a meeting with the manager at my local branch (2 mins walk), hand the letter in person and discuss it with him.

woudl you agree that this is a better approach than doing it by post?

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

Guest Lueeze

Hmmm...

Well from others stories it didnt get the chares refunded...

I spose if its a small amount you may get them to co-operate

I recon its fine to take the letter in and tell the manager what you think but I wouldnt expect results there and then

(The banks are in denial!!)

Just totted the charges alone...£931.50

robbing gits arent they? I have no idea how I would go about calculating the associated interest. to be honest im not hugely bothered and if they offer to settle out of court then I would be satisfied with a refind of just the charges. if it goes to court Ill want the lot.

bring it on ... a letter will be drafted later

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

Damo - are you in Birmingham by any chance?

£2,352 + interest + costs claim from HSBC:

29/12: Re-started process.

January/February: Letters, LBA, etc sent.

12/3: Deadlines passed.

2/4: Court papers served.

26/4: Defence submitted.

nope, cambridge. why?

Just wondered - I know a DJ called Damo, so thought I'd ask the question...

£2,352 + interest + costs claim from HSBC:

29/12: Re-started process.

January/February: Letters, LBA, etc sent.

12/3: Deadlines passed.

2/4: Court papers served.

26/4: Defence submitted.

Not another one! There's bleeding loads of us :rolleyes:

Anyway sent my letter off yesterday. So lets see what they do

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

It seems to be following one of the normal routes. I received a letter from HSBC this morning offering me £425 as an "end of" settlement.

They claim that if it went to court they would win, but dont want the hassle so are offering this settlement :)

I want the lot anyway. so what is the deal from here? Letter before action I guess. In the LBA, should I include the counter argument against their statement, ie they claim that I knew about the charges as they were spelt out in the terms and conditions.

thanks in advance

Damo

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

My LBA....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 4th May 2006. Your positive response is appreciated. However, you have failed to either agree in principle to repay £931.50, or provide me with proof that your charges represent the true costs of your losses.

I would like to remind you of the OFT ruling, 5th April 2006, confirming your high level of penalty charges are considered unfair. Despite being listed under the terms and conditions of our contract, the ruling states that any such charges must represent the true costs of your losses as a direct result of my breach. Otherwise, they are deemed to be unlawful at Common Law, statute and recent Consumer regulations in the absence of specific proof to the contrary. Therefore, applying such charges to my account was unlawful and in breach of our contract.

I require repayment of £931.50 IN FULL, and unconditionally. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means, or the implications, then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from HSBC this morning. It wasnt from Mr Pretty this time, its from Paul Archer. It says

"Thank you for your letter.

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations.

In the meantime, I enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with"

hmm, so you didnt bother reading and digesting the LBA then. muppets!

oh well....the 26th of may is court action day.

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

Ive been a bit slack with my account recently, and the bastards have stung me again, for nother 50 quid. Ill wait until may teh 1st to issue court action, and will be adding this to my claim.

btw they have changed there policy recently. apparently the phone peeps cant remove charges, you have to write to your account holding branch. even the manager in the branch across the road cant do it.

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

today is court action day. although im gonna wait a few days until the other 50 gets take from my account, and claim that too :)

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

good luck, most people get their money within 7 days of court summons being issued :D

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

Im following your claim...

Good luck mate!!

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

• 2 weeks later...

damo 1 - HSBC 0 :D

letter received offering full out of court settlement. better make sure I fill in the paperwork correct, but, job done.

Big thanks to all those who contributed to the available info that, ultimately, made this win possible.

My 5% donation will be made as soon as the money hits my account.

and the best of luck to everyone :-)

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks