Sorry but another exercise 4 less thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all so sorry for this...

been a member for approx 2.5 years re joined January 15 so now out of contract, not used the gym for some time prob 6 months or so went on there site to cancel but couldn't find the "W" no that i was given when first joining to fill out the cancelation form, So instead Thought I knew better and canceled the direct debit now Im thinking I've done the wrong thing as I have received a letter from Harlands stating the normal-

" ref your membership to exercise 4 less

harlands administer the collection of all payments due under your membership agreement with exercise 4 less and your bank have recently advised us that your direct debit instruction has been cancelled.

the membership agreement you signed states that all payments must be made by direct debit. Therefore, you must call HARLANDS HELPLINE-01444 449033 immediately in order for us to reinstate your direct debit over the telephone.

If you do not call us by the 13 march 16 you will be charged a £25.00 administration fee. the telephone lines are open 9.00 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm monday to friday

I would just roll over when i see a letter like this simply because i have no idea what I'm talking about in these type of matters, but when i received the letter something didn't seem right so hence why Iam here asking for your advice.....

I take I'm right in saying i shouldn't ring the helpline no?

but do i reply to the letter and if so i just wouldn't know what to say?

thanks in advance.....john

Whilst you are waiting on someone to visit your thread - I would suggest you have a read of a few of the other threads regarding this group.

From what I understand you shouldn't make contact by telephone at all and you don't have to jump through hoops with any of their timetables either.

Someone will be with you soon as they can.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi guys thanks for the reply's

I have had a good look through the other threads and i will be honest it has made my brain melt, so though i would ask for my particular case.... I will read through these agin thanks guys....

Hi John and welcome to CAG

The thread linked by Martin in post #3 above is a perfect match for your case.

Adapt and use that letter to offer Harlands 1 final month's fee. Follow the advice about postage too.

If Harlands/CRS contact you by any means other than replying in writing to your letter, ignore them.

Keep us informed of all that happens.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

evening guys,

Had another letter from Harlands as follows-

We refer to our letter dated 1 march 16 and note that you have not contacted us.

As we were unable to collect your march instalment by direct debit we have added a £ 25.00 administration fee, which means you have to pay £ 34.99 to bring your account up to date.

Call HARLANDS HELPLINE-01444 449033 and we can collect this by DEBIT/CREDIT card and reinstate your direct debit instruction. If you wish to pay by any other method , you must still phone us to discuss your options

If you do not call us by 5 april 16 you will incur a further £25.00 administration fee.

The telephone lines are open 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm monday to friday

harlands.

I dated the letter i sent 7 march and posted it 8 march..... I did get proof of postage too

thanks guys

Hi John,

OK, so you posted the letter on 8th March giving them 14 days to accept your offer. Giving them 2 days to receive the letter, your offer expires on 24th March.

So write to them on 25th March saying :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate where you say I have not contacted you.

I enclose a copy of my letter sent to you dated 7th March and posted on 8th March.

As you failed to accept the offer within the time I specified, my offer is withdrawn. Future demands from you may be ignored but they will be reported to The CMA and Trading Standards.

Get another free Certificate of Posting but you don't need to tell them you have proof for your last letter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

So had another letter from harlands my guess is that this letter is responding to my first return letter. would you suggest i don't respond??

letter reads as follows

Further to your recent letter to our offices,

unfortunately, we cannot cancel the agreement you hold with Xercise 4 less as they deal with them directly at the branch. You must either contact them in store or over the telephone to cancel the agreement. We strongly advise that you get this confirmation in writing from them when you come to an agreement to cancel, for your own records.

You will need to send this information to xercise 4 less as we do not deal with cancellations.

Xercise 4 less contact information:

contact name: The manager

01709 912255

please note: your account must be up do date with all payments with direct debit in place in order to be eligible to cancel.Filling in the online form without these requirements met will not work.

We will await to hear from them regarding your cancellation.

Harlands

Did you send them the letter in post #8 on 25th March as suggested ?

Edited by slick132

Hi John,

Good that you sent them the letter on 25th March.

Harlands run the admin for the gym and they are wrong that you can only cancel via the gym.

The letters you have sent are fine and I see no need to respond to Harlands/CRS for now. If you write to them, they'll continue to spout their usual blurb and stick to making demands and adding admin fees.

So ignore this latest letter for now but keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Right so its been a couple of weeks since garlands last contacted me but today they send me a letter as if i have not responded to them letter goes as follows-

We are disappointed that you have not responded to our previous correspondence.

The april instalment has now been missed, resulting in a further administration fee of £ 25.00 being added. The total

amount now to bring your account up to date is £ 69.98

Please call the HARLANDS HELPLINE-01444 449033 to make payment by debit/credit card and reinstate

your Direct Debit instruction. If you wish to pay by any other method, you must still phone us to discuss your options.

The telephone lines are open 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

If you do not call us by 28 april 16, then the collection of your membership fees will cease to be administered by Harlands and will be passed to a Debt Recovery company. This may incur you significant fees and ultimately result in court action.

should i respond to this letter?

thanks in advance

regards john....

Hi John,

I suggest you have no need to reply to this at all.

Your offer has long-since replied and they have failed to reply specifically to the letter you sent (with proof of postage) to Harlands.

Next will come threats of, and then contact from, Zinc (an external DCA) followed by a really scary letter (NOT !!) from Spratt Endicott who are Harlands current pet solicitor.

Lots of empty threats but it's just hot air !!

So just had another letter through, its as though they don't comunicate very well or don't look at the last letters sent before sending another...anyway letter goes as follows

further to your recent letter to our offices

Harlands can confirm that we have yet to receive a responce from Exercise 4 less regarding your cancellation of your membership.

Please be advised Harlands are the direct debit management company for Exercise 4 less and we cannot cancel memberships without there authorisation.

May we suggest you contact Exercise 4 less directly to process your cancelation as a matter of urgency.

Harlands

Is this worthy of a reply do you think??

thanks john....

Hi John,

Harlands aren't interested in communicating anything other than their demands seeking payments. Ignore this letter for now.

Instead, contact X4Less via Twitter and/or Facebook complaining :-

Stopped DD; offered to pay months notice to Harlands; now harassed by Harlands/CRS; why let these bullies harass your gym members

You can say more on FB but you don't need to really - that says all you need and you can post as often as you want, until X4Less take notice.

Keep your communication public. Don't let them take the complaint off-board.

Hi John,

I'd keep the discussion on the open media for now.

Tell them they should accept responsibility for the harassment and stress they allow Harlands to inflict on X4Less gym members. Therefore you do not want to deal with your case anywhere other than openly.

Hi guys

So I did as suggested, then x4l have replied saying the reason for that( i assume they mean harassment from harlands)is because of canceling the dd they would like me to contact them by pm as they require some personal details. I replied saying that they obviously knew what was going off and should take responsibility for the harassment from harlands. Up to yet I have had no response from my last comment..

This morning I have had a letter from crs as follows-

We have been advised by Harlands , that you have stopped making payments under your membership agreement with X4L.

Your balance is now to be paid in full, by no later than 15 may 16

The Harlands telephone lines are open9.00 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. You should call HARLANDS HELPLINE as soon as possible on 01444 449 162 and pay the balance by Credit /debit card.

Garlands would like to resolve this matter before further action is needed. However , under your agreement with Harlands, you have promised to pay this debt. If you continue to refuse to honour that commitment , Harlands will have no option but to take legal steps collect the outstanding balance.

if you are unable to settle the balance in full, You should call Harlands immediately as they are able to discuss other repayment options...

Is the next line of there defence ?? is it worth of a reply

thanks so much for your input john...

Keep the discussion on public forum when possible.

Tell X4Less you will post any personal detail in private if required but you'll continue to post publicly until they accept responsibility for the harassment they allow Harlands to inflict.

Remind them you offered to pay Harlands what you owed in arrears but Harlands failed to accept the offer, instead choosing to add penalty fees and make increasing demands.

Keep up your campaign !!