• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Basic Income Guarantee-Do You Like The Idea-Any Views-Have Your Say.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi citizenB

Child poverty facts and figures

http://www.cpag.org.uk/child-poverty-facts-and-figures

End Child Poverty has published new figures (October 2014) on the level of child poverty in each constituency, local authority and ward in the UK.

http://www.endchildpoverty.org.uk/poverty-in-your-area/

There is an Interactive map link there to check relative poverty in every area of Great Britain.

Click and zoom in on the areas in the map to find the level of child poverty in local authorities across the UK. The darker the shading, the higher the child poverty levels in that area.

Plymouth GP prescribes nutritional drinks to patients who can't afford food

Read more at http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-gp-prescribes-nutritional-drinks-to-patients-who-can-t-afford-food/story-29766859-detail/story.html#qFE1bAWPZ7ttVq8R.99

I met a couple recently from Lancaster.They were setting up a food bank with a difference.Will write about it soon.

There can be no doubt that many people in Great Britain are hungry.

But many do not tell anyone.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took a look at the interactive Map - was really astonished to see the level of "in work" poverty in my area.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just a few articles on Basic Income.I am a bit behind the latest news but catching up.

I just hope countries know what will hit them soon.The suits are losing jobs and it is time to consider what will happen when 10s of millions of jobs vanish worldwide.Did i say a figure like that,it makes you shiver.

But things happen so quick in our modern world.

Automation-Prepare-Plan and survive.Debate and talk about Basic Income.

A big Dutch bank is replacing 5,800 people with machines, at a cost of $2 billion

http://qz.com/799816/dutch-bank-ing-is-replacing-5800-people-with-machines-at-a-cost-of-2-billion/

Last week, Germany's Commerzbank announced that by 2020 it will digitalize and automate 80% of its processes, cutting 9,600 full-time jobs, at a cost of €1.1 billion, as a result.

We should be extremely concerned about our children’s and grandchildren’s future given that McKinsey Global Institute research shows that machines and computers could replace people for 45 percent of all tasks, that a 2013 Oxford University study concluded that 47 percent of jobs in the United States are at risk of being automated, and that driverless trucks could eliminate what is the No. 1 job in 29 states. Experts warn of a tsunami of job losses.

Self-Driving Trucks Are Going to Hit Us Like a Human-Driven Truck

The imminent need for basic income in recognition of our machine-driven future

https://medium.com/basic-income/self-driving-trucks-are-going-to-hit-us-like-a-human-driven-truck-b8507d9c5961#.keeu82g9v

Asian manufacturers are adding more robots than the rest of the world combined

http://qz.com/797525/asian-manufacturers-are-adding-more-robots-than-the-rest-of-the-world-combined/

What should we do when robots take most jobs? (It will happen sooner than think.) Robert Reich explains why a universal basic income may be the answer.

Yes the end of days has arrived for the suits, just like manual labourer has been replaced by machine, computing power /artificial intelligence is so advanced now most office jobs can be replaced by an algorithm, architects, accountants, job centre staff (lol) and so on are all at risk

So for sure we need a radical solution for a new future.

A universal living wage given without condition is the way forward, very soon Jobs will be seen as a reward rather than a right.

Of course it would then require a massive effort to retrain the common population who have been bred to work in a dog eat dog environment to relax and appreciate the finer points in life such as the arts, sciences and nature.

Beam me up scotty !

Took me a while as usual to catch on.But a order for a Cherry 2017 seems a reasonable request.

1 or two in case one wears out.Do not want any expired Cherries ever again.

2 lifelike robots who will caters to your every need.

Well it sounds like we will all have plenty of time on our hands soon.

In the post-apocalyptic California of 2017, Sam Treadwell (David Andrews) manages a recycling plant. His companion is Cherry 2000 (Pamela Gidley), a lifelike robot who caters to his every need. When Cherry expires, Treadwell refuses to settle for a newer, less attractive robot. Salvaging the chip containing her personality, he hires tracker E. Johnson (Melanie Griffith) to lead him through the lawless desert zone, where a replacement Cherry 2000 model can be found.

Check this little devil out.Got a strange feeling he is going to be in demand.

Trouble is i think he only speaks Japanese at the moment.

He looks a right miserable little so n so, TO :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As it is a Sunday and people may have a little time on their hands i have been looking around for a couple of articles for people to read.These two articles

have been written rather well in my view and i really do not need to say anything else as they fit in with my way of thinking about Basic Income.

Scott Santens

New Orleans writer focused on the potential for human civilization to gets its act together in the 21st century

At the end of 2015, after a year-long journey, I achieved the realization of an idea with the help of about 140 people that has already forever changed the way I look at the very foundations — or lack thereof — upon which all of society is based. I now firmly believe we have the potential through its universal adoption to systemically transform society for the better, even more so than many of those most familiar with the idea have long postulated, because for me, the idea is no longer just an idea. It’s not theory. It is part of my life.

https://medium.com/basic-income/human-park-a-mammals-guide-to-stress-free-living-17f6cab007b3#.pg5cakiwp

And from the Guardian.

Welcome to a world without work

Ryan Avent

Automation and globalisation are combining to generate a world with a surfeit of labour and too little work

A new age is dawning. Whether it is a wonderful one or a terrible one remains to be seen. Look around and the signs of dizzying technological progress are difficult to miss. Driverless cars and drones, not long ago the stuff of science fiction, are now oddities that can occasionally be spotted in the wild and which will soon be a commonplace in cities around the world.

With a few flicks of a finger, we can use our phones to order up a meal, or a car, or a translation for a waiter’s query in a foreign country. Gadgets such as the Amazon Echo are finding their way into living rooms, where they sit listening, ready to comply with a voice command.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/09/technological-revolution-sparks-social-unrest?CMP=share_btn_tw

I think if this were to happen.. where Robots did al the work and fewer people were employed to service the technology - then there would be an even wider gap between rich and poor.

BCOBS

We Must Remake Society in the Coming Age of Artificial Intelligence.:President Obama

Now he mentions the debate on Universal Basic Income will probably take place within 10 or twenty years.

I have a feeling it will be debated a lot quicker than that.

I will listen to it again to check i heard right,but the world i feel is ready for it now.

It is so easy to say something that is not right when tiring.

All over Europe in fact the world many people are going hungry.

Relative poverty problems are huge in my opinion,wages are low and people,many people hardly have enough left to feed the cat,never mind themselves.

The Welfare State is in my opinion not fit for the modern world.So many injustices seem to be happening.And cuts at any cost.A mess both here in Great Britain,Europe and America.

People affected and stressed out by decisions made.

I read so many articles that i will put a more meaningful,thought out post when i can.

Never realised my life would be so busy.Up at 5am,so tire this time of day and no use writing much at this time of day.

I will leave it there but here is the interview that has taken place.

I understand others do not agree with my opinions and respect anyone's views.

We Must Remake Society in the Coming Age of AI: President Obama

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/obama-aims-rewrite-social-contract-age-ai/

• 2 weeks later...

A short video recently released.

What is Universal Basic Income?

Everyone’s talking about a ‘citizen’s income’ or ‘basic income’, but what on earth is it?! It sounds like a Utopian dream, but support for a flat, government-sponsored annual income is growing across the world. Exponents argue that it would reduce inherent inequities in the current system, and provide a secure platform for everyone to live a fulfilling, creative life. Watch this short new explainer video for a quick rundown of the basics!

A few articles on the latest news on Basic Income.

Inquiry: Citizen's income

Work and Pensions Committee

The session will examine arguments for and against introducing a citizen’s income in Britain. We are looking for participants to speak on both sides of the debate.

Citizen's income

A citizen’s income (also known as a universal basic income) is a method of guaranteeing a minimum income for all. It is an unconditional, non-withdrawable payment from the state to all citizens, regardless of contribution or means. It could represent a radical alternative to the social security system.

Work & Pensions Ctte ‏@CommonsWorkPen Oct 27

We have launched an inquiry into citizen’s income. Read more about it here: https://goo.gl/dZ3JzL

The Work and Pensions Committee is holding a one-off oral evidence session on citizen’s income (also known as universal basic income) at the University of Birmingham on 12 January 2017.

Ontario pilot project puts universal basic income to the test

Conservative strategist leading first project of its kind in North America for decades says he wants ‘a floor beneath which people are not allowed to fall’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/28/universal-basic-income-ontario-poverty-pilot-project-canada?CMP

After 5 months, and 433 pages, the French Senate has recommended going forward with a 3-yr #basicincome experiment of up to 30,000 citizens.

LATIN AMERICA: Major conference recommends BI to increase women’s autonomy

http://basicincome.org/news/2016/10/latin-america-united-nations-body-eclac-recommends-bi-increase-womens-autonomy/

India.

Unconditional cash transfers may sound like a smart way to fight poverty, but questions remain over whether the country can afford it

http://www.livemint.com/Sundayapp/ACG8sl4BvWzWBCH3orUMjO/Is-it-time-for-a-universal-basic-income-in-India.html

Australia.

AUSTRALIA: Fabians Host Well-Attended Panel on UBI

http://basicincome.org/news/2016/09/australia-fabians-host-well-attended-panel-ubi/

Don't miss Scot Santens talk on Basic Income at the Atlantic's Future Of Work conference from earlier in the week!

I may well write to the Work and Pensions Committee asking if i can fly in and have a word on why i think the country is ready for Basic Income now,not ten years down the line.

Calm down owl,these things take time.I do get a little excited at times.

The session will examine arguments for and against introducing a citizen’s income in Britain.

We are looking for participants to speak on both sides of the debate.

Who knows,you can ask.

Bye for now-if you get a little time and have not been here before do look back to page one and see what is happening around the world.Thanks.

Tawnyowl.

Take no notice of my last post i got a little excited.I like writing,i am no speaker for sure.

Today and in the Bear Garden it is a pretty relaxing place.I have just settled down next to the Waterfall next to the Oak Tree.

Just having a coffee,pretty warm in here.A few around but not that many.

Thinking about poverty,why i do not know,perhaps because it bothers me to think there are many living this way,feeling stressed,tired and arguing.

When they should be living happy lives as many are so young.

I have heard these arguments on the street this week many times and is obviously a massive problem for many.

So i am emptying my head,whether my figures are accurate i cannot say but is there.Many of us see it day after day.

Many of us live it day after day.

Fuel poverty,food poverty so many things.

Many working but still in poverty at the end of the week,month.In turmoil not knowing which way to turn.Just grinding on having no life as meant to be.

Week after week,month after month,year after year,decade after decade.

It is time for things to change for the people to be put first.In my opinion,for what it is worth.

That is enough but a few figures.I believe many people are living in relative poverty or are in families living this way possibly reading this.

Poverty.

14.8 percent

The U.S. Census Bureau said 47.7 million Americans – or 14.8 percent of the population are living in poverty.

Now i have just heard Donald Trump give a figure of 70 million.

UK.

Around 19.3 million people - 33% - were in poverty at least once.

Europe.

16.4 % of the population, 80 million people, live below the poverty threshold in the European Union.

Surprising how many pensioners are living in poverty.

Something clearly wrong and time for change.

Would basic income end poverty,create fairness for people.And stop people in my opinion being treated unfairly by what seems a uncaring welfare system.

Time to Empty The Swamp and look after the citizens of the world.

Who said that and what does it mean?

My next post will tell you what a basic income would do for me,and why.I am knocking on now so perhaps will be read when Basic Income is implemented sometime in the future.

And a young lad i met many months ago in a street who i realised would benefit greatly and also help his local community.

And what difference would a Basic Income make for you?Have your say.

Bye for now,have a nice weekend.

Tawnyowl.

I agree that this sounds like a good idea, especially having seen the following article in respect of people being admitted to hospital due to malnutrition

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-rise-brits-being-admitted-9106672

However, how is the amount to be considered ? If you are going to assume that some people wont work once they are in receipt of this you are going to have to give them a £sum that pays their rent, utilities, CT, food.

Or, are some families still going to be eligible for benefits - especially if there are children in the family. Are you going to see some families still suffering financially because they have say, 4 children - when next door only have 2 ? Or there is a family with one parent only ?

How is this going to be funded ?

BCOBS

Excellent questions citizenB.

I will if none else answers try to soon.Break it down and research a little.

I have read so many articles that i do not want to just put links down but find out.I have read many articles on funding but these questions are very interesting.

Gets right to the point.Many must wonder how and what it would mean to them if this were to happen.

But perfect questions to get the brain cells active.

Given me something to work on for a few hours this week.Maybe at the moment there is no answer,we will see.

One parent families, pensioners, disabled,families and many others would like to know for sure.

We know everyone would get it but how to make it fair for all groups.

No matter how many are in the family as things have to be paid.

Have not had time to look into the answers for those questions.I will.

But a few articles.

I like to take in peoples thoughts on Basic Income,those who can see past what we are being told by the powerful ones.As i do not believe everything we are told.

An Automated industrial revolution is on the way,in my opinion.

Elon Musk Thinks Automation Will Lead to a Universal Basic Income

Elon Musk, CEO and CTO of SpaceX, CEO and product architect of Tesla Motors, and chairman of SolarCity

http://fortune.com/2016/11/06/elon-musk-universal-basic-income/

Universal basic income: If a robot takes your job, it could actually be good for you

http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/06/universal-basic-income-if-a-robot-takes-your-job-it-could-actually-be-good-for-you/

Scott Santens a writer on Basic Income.

Are you angry yet? What kind of statistics do you need to push for basic income for basic needs?And we know many in the UK Are in Food Poverty as well.

As the links higher up on this page prove.

Nearly 40 per cent of Canadian post-secondary students experience ‘food insecurity:’ study

Report, called Hungry for Knowledge, was released last week by Meal Exchange, a national charitable organization. It surveyed 4,500 students across five Canadian campuses.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/11/02/nearly-40-per-cent-of-canadian-post-secondary-students-experience-food-insecurity-study.html

We knew it was coming.But remember back in summer.

Adidas announced on Wednesday that it will be opening a factory in Atlanta in 2017 where shoes will be produced entirely by robots, according to Engadget.

And

Traditionally, robots have been used primarily in manufacturing. But other industries including healthcare, shipping and logistics, food services, retail, hospitality, and more are starting to also use robots. For example, hospitals are using robots to assist in surgery, retail stores are testing robots to take inventory, and warehouses are using robots help sort packages.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/adidas-will-open-an-automated-robot-staffed-factory-next-year-2016-8?r=US&IR=T

A small story to finish.

The other day i was in my favorite shop the pound,one dollar shop if anyone is reading this from across the pond.

They have installed the automated machines that replace staff.

It will only be a matter of time before the automated warehouse put the goods on driverless trucks,drive to the shops where robots unload them.Robots then fill the shelves where we consumers order from our computer then the shop delivers them to your door.

Then of course your personal robot puts all the goods away for you.

Well as we know we now have a new five pound note made out of plastic or similar material.

Just chatting to the assistant saying how these machines are having your jobs away when can you believe it the machine could not handle the new notes.

An assistant kept having to rush up and exchange the new note for old five pound notes.

I was slightly amused at this.But the assistant was none to pleased.She felt like hitting the machine with a hammer.

No doubt this problem will soon be ironed out.

But have you noticed how many of these machines are appearing.

They even talk to you.

"Thankyou for shopping here today,have a nice day" the machine says.

I often chat away to the machine saying "It is a pleasure,see you again soon".

Do you talk to the machines.Now do not be shy i bet some people do.

We knew it was coming.But remember back in summer.

Adidas announced on Wednesday that it will be opening a factory in Atlanta in 2017 where shoes will be produced entirely by robots, according to Engadget.

And

http://uk.businessinsider.com/adidas-will-open-an-automated-robot-staffed-factory-next-year-2016-8?r=US&IR=T

A small story to finish.

The other day i was in my favorite shop the pound,one dollar shop if anyone is reading this from across the pond.

They have installed the automated machines that replace staff.

It will only be a matter of time before the automated warehouse put the goods on driverless trucks,drive to the shops where robots unload them.Robots then fill the shelves where we consumers order from our computer then the shop delivers them to your door.

Then of course your personal robot puts all the goods away for you.

Well as we know we now have a new five pound note made out of plastic or similar material.

Just chatting to the assistant saying how these machines are having your jobs away when can you believe it the machine could not handle the new notes.

An assistant kept having to rush up and exchange the new note for old five pound notes.

I was slightly amused at this.But the assistant was none to pleased.She felt like hitting the machine with a hammer.

No doubt this problem will soon be ironed out.

But have you noticed how many of these machines are appearing.

They even talk to you.

"Thankyou for shopping here today,have a nice day" the machine says.

I often chat away to the machine saying "It is a pleasure,see you again soon".

Do you talk to the machines.Now do not be shy i bet some people do.

I talk to the machine in the supermarket and I find my self saying things like 'your having a laugh' and "you couldn't make it up' as I try to reason with a non human form that keeps repeating the same one liner, 'unexpected item in the bagging area'..

Fourth Industrial Revolution is on the way some say.Wherever the Basic Income news is i try to find it.

Basic income for all: a 500-year-old idea whose time has come?

Just as the fourth industrial revolution in Australia will transform jobs, it will do the same for the welfare system. Universal basic income, targeted cash transfers, negative income tax and a family wage could be ways to guarantee living standards for ordinary people and keep the economy afloat

Today almost a third of workers are employed part-time and the wages gap yawns at 36%. Employers are ever more reliant on the ranks of casuals, part-timers, workers on short-term contracts, migrants on short-term visas and even full-time school students, who now constitute 2.3% of the workforce. The underemployed – those who would like to find more work but cannot – have reached unprecedented proportions, their circumspection acting as a drag on demand.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/11/basic-income-for-all-a-500-year-old-idea-whose-time-has-come

93% of Investors Say AI Will Destroy Jobs, Governments Not Prepared

224 global investors with more than $100 billion of investable capital say that governments are not prepared for the coming of artificial intelligence and the massive job loss that, they say, will result.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2016/11/10/93-of-investors-say-ai-will-destroy-jobs-governments-not-prepared/#368cfb332a91

Ontario proposes basic income of least $1,320 a month

Canadian province of Ontario is planning to pay a basic income of at least $1,320/month to its citizens. It will be launching a pilot project in a number of communities in the province by Spring 2017.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/ontario-proposes-a-basic-income-of-least-1-320-for-its-citizens/article/479021

Why technology may prevent Trump from delivering on his jobs promise

By 2025, the operating cost of a robot that does the work of a $25/hr welder will be less than $2/hr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2016/11/09/why-technology-may-prevent-trump-from-delivering-on-his-jobs-promise/

Think of the minimum wage,it will need to keep going up.Will employers keep putting up with this.

Or will they get the robots in.Already noticed the fast food outlets getting the Automated ordering systems in.

And the supermarkets increasing automated tills massively.

10 REAL Robots That Stole People's Jobs-And as you think of aging populations across the world sooner or later anyway the workforce will just not be there anymore.Perhaps,i had better add that.Get the robots in,someone or something has to earn money to keep the money coming in.

Made 3 years ago,imagine how further on they are now.

Robot Farming and the Future of Food: Hard Work on Wheels

Just been looking at Drones delivering pizzas,maybe a problem in the cities,maybe not.

Pizza sir,20 Floors up, automated service hatch fitted to your skyscraper window.All problems will be ironed out when profit is involved.

Enough for now.

Bye for now,work to do,for now anyway.

Tawnyowl.

• 2 weeks later...

A few articles on Basic Income that caught my eye.

Scotland could trial giving each citizen a universal basic income

Development of radical scheme, which would see welfare benefits including child and tax credits replaced with universal flat-rate payment, due to be tested in Fife

Scotland could roll out a universal basic income pilot after a trial won huge backing from anti-poverty campaigners.

Development of the scheme, due to be tested in Fife, will be discussed on Friday by councillors, civil servants and members of the Scottish Basic Income Network, and would see welfare benefits including child and tax credits replaced with a universal flat-rate payment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-trial-universal-basic-income-universal-credit-welfare-reform-a7435926.html

Ahead of the launch of a new organisation in Scotland, campaigner Ben Simmons says a basic income would have a positive knock-on effect in the economy and society

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/9920/ben-simmons-bbc-scotland-s-equality-week-health-and-gender-no-basic-income

Malcolm Torry, “How might we implement a citizen’s income?”

http://basicincome.org/news/2016/11/report-malcolm-torry-might-implement-citizens-income/

Clearing the Playing Field: Trump’s Crisis Creates Opportunity for Universal Basic Income in the United States

http://basicincome.org/news/2016/11/us-election-clearing-playing-field/

Re-inventing social security

http://basicincome.org/news/2016/11/re-inventing-social-security/