• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds TSB defending claim, feeling scared!

anjumanji
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

This is my first post, so I thought I'd start by letting you know my progress so far.

10th March 2006 - sent letter with details of all charges from July 2002 to date and requested they be returned. (Charges available on internet banking)

16th March 2006 - sent letter with details of charges from March 2000 to June 2002 requesting these also be returned. Informed Lloyds that if all the charges were not refunded within the next 14 days I would go ahead and claim without further notice. (Charges from copy statements requested)

20th March 2006 - received letter from Mandy Horton saying I incurred the charged by not managing my account correctly and perhaps I should consider banking elsewhere.

22nd March 2006 - sent reply to Mandy registering my disappointment at having received a standard letter. Also mentioned that as a Lloyds customer of 11 years I felt very badly treated and that it appeared they didn't want to keep my custom. Told them I hadn't been happy with their service for a while and had already opened alternative accounts elsewhere for the day to day running of my affairs. I suggested that if they were to return the funds to me I would be willing to bring back my salary receipts as well as making payments from this account. In the instance that this was not acceptable I would go ahead with legal action on 31st March 2006.

24th March 2006 - received reply saying that they would not return the funds.

31st March 2006 - filed claim with MoneyClaim online.

3rd April 2006 - claim was issued.

11th April 2006 - claim was acknowledged by Martineau Johnson, Lloyds TSB's solicitors, showing intent to defend the claim.

It was on my doormat when I returned from holiday and I must admit I felt a bit sick. I'd been hoping that they'd ignore it, or that I'd have a nice cheque waiting for me. I suppose I just have to wait and see what happens!

Don't worry, that is exactly what they want.. you to feel scared! It s a scare tactic, in the hope that you won't follow it up or you will accept a smaller settlement. Worry not, they will offer at the last minute more than likely..

If you hear anything else, make sure you post straight away ;)

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Guest Lueeze

Like has been said dont feel scared...the chances are sooo slim that you would ever actually need to attend court...

Whats the worst that could happen even if you had to?

Dont back out now you got this far...they WILL pay up

I'm sure they'll settle - thye just inicated they will defend right? You'll get a letter offering a refund at some point soon!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

Thanks for your messages everyone!

I haven't actually told my husband what I'm doing cos he scoffed when I first mentioned it. He works for the Nationwide BS and said there was no way the banks would repay the charges. When I asked if they employed someone to deal with unpaid items, he said that it was all done automatically.

As far as he knows I ordered the statements to find out what I'd paid in charges, he doesn't know I've written to bank and am now going through Money Claim. Every time an official looking envelope comes through the door I have to get there and grab it before he sees it!

I was hoping to have the money and wave it in his face and say 'ha, told you so!' But as he doesn't know what's going on, I can't share my worries with him. It helps to have all of you on side supporting me.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't go all wrong and I don't have to end up in court cos then he'll be the one telling me!

Thanks for your messages everyone!

I haven't actually told my husband what I'm doing cos he scoffed when I first mentioned it. He works for the Nationwide BS and said there was no way the banks would repay the charges.

According to the settlement survey (link below) Nationwide has already repaid at least £11043! And that's only to those people who know about, and have bothered to complete, the survey. He'll learn!

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

Hi sorry if this is not posted in the correct place( please feel free to move it.

all i wont to know is were to look for advice on entering a clain against lloyds i have sent both letters, last one stating if i did not get a full refund in 14 days i will start court action. i have now had my reply and they have told me that a refund will not happen so how do i start court action thanks in advanve.

PEACE MAKA

According to the settlement survey (link below) Nationwide has already repaid at least £11043! And that's only to those people who know about, and have bothered to complete, the survey. He'll learn!

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

True, but when I started out with this back in March this data wasn't available. Plus he works as a Financial Advisor and he seemed to think that the banks would soon stamp on the customer rather than allowing us all to start claiming.

In any event, I went ahead with it and funded the £120 court fee out of my overdraft with Lloyds, an irony that I hope they didn't miss!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I came home to find an allocation questionnare waiting for me. I have completed it, but am a bit flumoxed by the whole fees bit. The letter that accompanied the form stated that if I was claiming more than £1,500 I would have to pay an additional £100 court fee on returning the completed questionnaire.

My question is this, I'm claiming £1,123 in charges with £343 interest at 8%, so that's £1,466. With the fee of £120 paid to file the claim, the total amount is £1,586. So do I pay the additional charge of £100 or not?

Is the £1,500 threshold based solely on the claim or does it include the court fees too?

Claim only, send it in but only at the last moment, they'll settle, prepare it to go anyway.

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

Thanks Peeps, the reason I was asking is cos when I called Money Claim yesterday they told me to include the fees and return the questionnaire with £100, but I was sure I'd read in here somewhere that the fees weren't included.

So for my own peace of mind I called Money Claim again just now and they told me to contact Bow Court which is where my claim has been transferred to. The helpful lady at Bow court told me that the original amount of my claim without the fees is the amount I need to look at when deciding if it's under £1,500.

So the claim amount being £1,466 the upshot is that I don't need to pay the additional £100 in fees. Which is handy cos I'm not sure if Lloyds would honour my cheques any more!

• 2 weeks later...

MAKA,

Why don't you have a GOOD Look on the FAQ on this site. All precedures and Letters are there!! And make sure you have folllowed the procedures correctly with the right letters.

Have a look a again and make sure you are signed in when you are looking at the FAQs, that is all you need!! If you are going to fight these FINANCE institutions, you will have to read some more or spend some more time on this site and no where else gives all you need than here.

Good Luck.

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

Hi All

Just thought I'd share the good news with you all and let you know that this all pays off in the end.

I received a letter from Lloyds solicitors offering to settle the whole amount of my claim, provided I agree to their terms. These being confidentiality, not pursuing any further claims and maintaining my account in credit.

Seeing as I intend to close my account and haven't incurred any charges in the last three years the last two terms don't bother me. However with regards to keeping it confidential as soon as I sign the letter my lips are sealed, but until then.........

The question is, should I agree and sign the letter or should I tell them to stuff their terms and pay up?

So to pre-empt the donation query, I will definitely be donating, however I was so impressed with the amount of help and advice available on this forum that I donated using the Amazon voucher scheme a few weeks ago.

Thanks to all the administrators and mods for their help, keep up the good work, it's really appreciated.

Angie

Hi Angie,

I would say to them that you accept the offer as 'full and final settlement' for THIS claim, but that you DON'T agree to any of the other terms. This is perfectly reasonable on your part, as all you are doing is protecting your legal rights.

I am certain that they will turn around and give you the money anyway, and the fact that you are closing the account is irrelevant. However, the decision is yours, and if you are happy accepting the terms then well done for sticking with it 'till the end. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Another fantastic result for the little people :-) Seems Lloyds are paying out a little quicker now, especially on the larger claims which they seemed to be dragging out till the last possible minute.

Just one thought on the 'silencing' clause they seem to add to the agreement. As we are already legally entitled to the money, whether we agree to this part or not, would you be entitled to put a figure on the silence. Eg, Say to the bank you are only prepared to agree to this part if they pay an extra £xxx? Just to turn the screw even more.

Anybody think this would be worth a try??????

Anybody think this would be worth a try??????
It has been discussed in great detail elsewhere. The general consensus is don't ask, it makes the basis of your claim seem false. However, the consensus is also that if they DO offer, then there is great fun to be had by bargaining upwards. Let the bank open the negotiations...you will then know that they REALLY want your silence.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I haven't actually told my husband what I'm doing cos he scoffed when I first mentioned it................I was hoping to have the money and wave it in his face and say 'ha, told you so!' ...............

Have you told him yet? (If not, better wait till you've actually got the money)

I think, like spiceskull said, it's best not to look greedy. I'll just write back accepting their offer but not their terms. But if they do offer to pay me for my silence, I won't be turning down them down!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks