Ignore debt until they default ??

imrocko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi struggling to pay a barclays card and was wondering if we should contact them or just ignore them untill they default it and then start payiing of??

we know we are going to default just want to get it on file asap so we can start the 6 years count down

any help would be great thanks

Hi

Ignoring is not always the best option, neither is a default automatically going to be applied. It all depends on the situation.

If you were to send them an income and expenditure form to show you are in financial difficulties and make an arrangement to pay, this would show as AP on your credit file however, if your I&E showed that you could only make token payments then they should default immediately, By ignoring them, the adding of a default could be delayed by 2-3 months.

Did you have PPI on the card? Are there any charges that could be reclaim (if they have charged them of course)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the quick reply no ppi on the card and no charges so you advise offering a token 1 pound payment for xx months? this would make them default quicker. Or making an arranmgment to pay which would show as AP on a credit file?

Hi Imrocko...

So, how long have you been struggling to pay this card and officially how many months in arrears?

Ignoring isnt the best option, however SF is quite correct.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Is this the only card/credit/loan you have or are there other accounts you pay.

Barclays would be well within their rights to reject offers of token/reduced payments if for example you were fully paying another card or loan.

A fuller picture will generate far better advice and help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

What did you with the MBNA. Be aware that the creditor is well within their right to reject token payments as an official arrangement HOWEVER, doesnt mean you cant make the payments :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

write to both with I&E offering payments which you can afford and see what comes back.

Are your financial circumstances likely to change in the future? Any accepted offer will be subject to regular reviews

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Okay well not thinking a loan would help however thought a shift to a 0 pc interest for a few years may help...

You could also send a payment offer like Martin says...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Everything you need to get started is in the library however, this link will get you started.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?405-Debt-Collection

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi struggling to pay a barclays card and was wondering if we should contact them or just ignore them untill they default it and then start payiing of??

we know we are going to default just want to get it on file asap so we can start the 6 years count down

any help would be great thanks

Ignoring doesn't mean you will reach the six years and qualify for it being statute barred, during that time they can take you to court and get a ccj and then send in bailiffs if still no payments.

Make an arrangement and start paying the amount you can afford and even if they disagree with it continue those payments while you try to reach an agreement.

Barclays dont rush to default.

I have a situation with them where they should have defaulted in 2009/10 but left it till 2014. Effectively they are trashing my file for just shy of 12 yrs.

And im not the only one its happened to, look around the barclaycard threads and you will see

Hi Imrocko,

The Budget Planner will help you show a figure that you should be offering each creditor, pro-rata.

If the BP shows you're unable to service the existing debts properly and you're in financial difficulty, then you can ask the banks to freeze interest and not add default charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)