I'm back - Xercise4Less/Harlands/CRS once again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again everyone - was hoping you'd seen the last of me but alas, you have not!

This time its my partner who is being hounded by Harlands/CRS. I'll try to keep it brief with a timeline of events.

June 2014 - Partner joined Xercise4Less during their initial period of drumming up business before the launch of the new local gym. This was a 12 month membership only, priced at £9.99 a month.

23/02/2015 - Partner receives a letter from Harlands informing him of a missed direct debit payment - this is still within the contract and is paid with no further issue.

21/09/2015 - Partner receives a letter from Harlands informing him of a missed SEPTEMBER direct debit payment due to the Direct Debit Instruction being cancelled by the bank. Usual £25 charge has been added on top. Letter is sent to an old address so we are late in responding.

During the time between receiving the last letter and us responding to it, my partner spoke with a girl on the phone to check if he was still under contract with Xercise4Less . She told him that his initial membership had finished and asked if he'd like to renew, he declined. The girl then said she would put a note on his file (whatever that means :/).

22/10/2015 - We respond to Harlands with a letter stating we only wished to be contacted by writing on the matter. We included our new address, and explained the membership had been cancelled (by this point, it was on a rolling monthly contract by the looks of it until cancellation). My partner offered to pay the £9.99 they asked for in the previous letter (to make them go away really) but said he would not be paying admin charges. Harlands were given 14 days to respond.

06/11/2015 - A letter arrives at an old address once more, this time from CRS. CRS are now asking for £104.97, and say that my partner 'stopped making payments under the membership agreement'. CRS ask that my partner phones a Harlands helpline to resolve the issue. My partner does not call, and instead awaits a reasonable written response from Harlands regarding his offer.

After this, contact ceases until CRS begin bombarding my partner with calls and text messages.

They also send another letter to an old address once more (luckily the address is still in the family so we are able to retrieve post) demanding payment of £207, my partners offer to Harlands is still not acknowledged.

February 2016 - The telephone harassment letter from these forums is sent to CRS. It is also stated in the letter to acknowledge our change of address. (Dates are hazy on these few communications due to having an incredibly messy/busy flat in the run up to the arrival of our first baby, things have been misplaced)

01/03/2016 - Partner receives a letter from CRS TO HIS OLD ADDRESS ONCE AGAIN basically calling everything on the telephone harassment letter a load of rubbish and calling us liars - apparently we didn't ask for only written contact, yet in the very first letter we sent we requested written contact only. Apparently, they say they can contact us however they like (try our actual address then, that might be a good start), and tell us in no uncertain terms to bring it on with regards to any action we may wish to take if we feel they are harassing us. (Obviously this is worded in a much more detailed way but I'm summarising here)

They have said as a "goodwill gesture" they are willing to accept £132.47 as final settlement.

We do not believe we owe this considering my partners membership was actually finished, and they were still taking money anyway.

Any help on the next step to take would be much appreciated - bit stuck now!

Many thanks.

Hi Elvie,

Letter to Harlands :-

I have given you my new address yet you continue to write to the old one. If you write again to the old address, I will make a formal complaint to the ICO.

I wrote to you in October offering to pay a final month's fee to end the matter as the initial 12 month membership was ended. You failed to reply to my offer within a reasonable period and I consider the matter to be closed.

If you make any further demands, Harlands/CRS will be reported to Trading Standards and The CMA for harassment and other issues.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)