Typical Ryanair - Serious update

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A British man who flew to Germany using his girlfriend's passport only realised the mistake when he had arrived at his destination - having gone through security.

Josh Reed, who is 6 ft 3 and has a beard, travelled from London Stansted to Dortmund on a Ryanair flight with petite brunette Sophie's ID, reports The Sun .

According to the 21-year-old, security at the gate only checked his boarding pass, meaning he only spotted that he had the wrong travel documents when he landed in Germany.

But at no point did anyone else notice that he wasn't girlfriend Sophie Watkins.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/bearded-british-man-flies-to-germany-using-his-girlfriends-passport-and-nobody-notices/ar-BBqh7He?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=iehp

And of course Ryanair try to pass the buck. yes, he should have checked he had the correct passport but it should have been spotted at the airport.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I know everyone likes to bash Ryanair, but he would have gone through border controls, wouldn't he? It's a bit scary that they didn't pick up the mistake with the passport.

Yes, my understanding is that the airline should check the boarding pass and passport, but if border control had done what they're meant to, he shouldn't have got to the boarding gate.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You don't go through border control on the way out. Only the airline checks your passport.

Border control is only on entry

Thank you for that, I haven't flown for a while, clearly. :)

But the last time I took the Eurostar, my passport was checked by UK and French border control. I'm surprised it's so different.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I cant remember ever having my passport checked on an outbound flight since online check in was brought in, it was checked every time when we used to use the good old check in desks.

The main reason fir not checking them is passengers check in online and have to enter passenger information prior to printing off a boarding pass gor the aircraft

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

You don't go through border control on the way out. Only the airline checks your passport.

Border control is only on entry

Or in the case of Ryanair 'don't check the passport on the way out'.

If there are no checks made when leaving, that is stupid and the government has the cheek to whinge because someone has turned up in Syria or a wanted or dangerous convicted criminal has disappeared by taking a leasurely flight to Spain.

Edited by Conniff

A lot of the low cost airlines use ground agents to do that rather than airline staff as it saves paying wages to staff doing nothing while there are no flights, not sure about Ryanair.

I did ask before, as was said you need to give your passport details before flying, so they are checked based on what is entered. I suspect they don't really care who leaves the country.

Other European countries do have security checks to get into airside, which includes a passport check. In the UK all you need is a ticket.

Visual passport checks only seem to be done on entering a country these days, or if your checking in hold luggage.

Its not just ryannair either, its all the low cost airlines and possibly the rest aswell but as i only ever seem to fly with likes of ryannair

, easy jet etc i wouldnt be 100% about that

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 4 weeks later...

And another one

Dad who had both legs amputated claims Ryanair staff told him to CRAWL to plane on way home from holiday

A dad who had both legs amputated claims he was told to CRAWL to a plane by staff working for Ryanair.

Matthew Parkes, 38, says he was instructed by gate staff to drag himself down two ramps, a set of stairs, across tarmac and up the steps of the Manchester-bound plane.

But Mr Parkes’ wife Pamela, who works in marketing, said she complained to ground staff and cabin crew on the day and now plans to submit an official formal complaint.

Matthew, who lost both legs and part of a hand last November after suffering deadly sepsis on holiday , told the M.E.N: “Ryanair made me feel humiliated and like I didn’t matter.

But after a smooth flight out with Monarch and four days away, he claims that on the return journey, a staff member advised he crawl despite having informed Ryanair in advance of his needs and arriving an hour early at the gate.

When he refused and asked to be boarded first on a stretcher seat - as Monarch had done - he says they made him wait for all the other passengers.

On arrival at Manchester, Matthew says he waited 30 minutes to be taken off the plane - where a 10-year-old boy in a wheelchair was waiting outside in the rain in a queue of passengers ready to board.

Flick Harris of Manchester Disabled People’s Access Group said: “Ryanair has a history of discriminating against disabled people.

Full Story