Car Parking Partnership Civil Parking Notice**CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

We share a car park with another business that doesn't open every day but when they do, their visitors use our spaces as well as their own. We normally park in the adjacent car park where there are always spare spaces then when some our guys go out on the road, we move into our own spaces. I parked in one of the spare spaces at 8.55am and then went down around 10.30am to move it and someone had ticketed me. Copy of both sides of the ticket are attached. The signs around the car park all refer to a "Master Sign" at the entrance which is a quarter of a mile away, obscured by a sign as you drive in and if you stopped to read it you would cause an accident. Photos of the master and small print on the master attached in another post.

Can you help ?

Sub Signs.jpg

Ticket 4.jpg

Ticket 2.jpg

Ticket 3.jpg

Ticket 1.jpg

hi and welcome to cag, i'm not well conversed with private parking but someone will be along to advise soon

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Do not contact CPP. Wait for the NTK through the post and we will go from there.

There's a lot wrong with the NTD and the signage...

For starters ' incorrect use of bay ' is not one of the terms that can be breached on the master sign.

The NTD actually lies by stating the driver is required to pay or appeal under the POFA 2012.

agree, the ticket does not mention nay of the contractual conditions so sloppy and unenforceable. Wait for the NTK to arrive and see what that says, chances are they will get something wrong which negates any contractual obligation. Also the use of PO box numbers for showing the service address of a limited company is a no-no. Must be proper address so again all to your benefit.

Usually the signage at the entrance to the site makes reference to core terms that are on ther signs so again no contract, this time the small signs refer to the main sign so you have to read that sign for the contract. This is correct so then the position, size and clarity of that sign become crucial.

Hi and welcome.

I fully agree with Armadillo here. You are under no obligation at all to reply to them and for them to say 'required' is misleading.

wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive then you can appeal to CPP first and when they reject you (which they surely will) they will give you a POPLA code to take to 'indepandant' appeal

Under no circumstances name the driver. Always say 'The Driver'

The NTK should arrive between 29 and 56 days after the event.

Just did a check and CPP have taken no one to court in 2015

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

well, as they have put a reason down which doesn't apply, you could continue to ignore them. There are still no court cases listed for this company so that shouldn't be a worry.

IF you want to cause them to lose money, you could appeal to them first using any reason you can think of as they will automatically reject you and issue you a POPLA code. This is where it costs them money as they have to pay POPLA to assess the appeal and at no cost to you. Even if the appeal went their way, they would still have to instigate legal action to get it and there is no guarantee of a win, especially with a term that is not on the main board.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 month later...

Cool :shock: They probably knew they were stuffed anyway so cut their losses. It is all a game to these companies anyway.

I will mark this thread as 'cancelled'