• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Harvey's

Kier1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok Here's a copy of the letter I sent on behlaf of my Nan...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to air my utter disgust and contempt for the “service” that your company has given me over the past five months.

On the 28th December 2005 I ordered a range of “Lima Bedroom Furniture” I requested that it not be delivered before February 2006; and the 6th was suggested in store.

At the beginning of March 2006, after many phone calls as to the whereabouts, two wardrobes and two bedside cabinets were delivered. On inspection of the first wardrobe I found that the end panel was badly damaged and that the screws to fit the pieces together were missing. After several more phone calls I was told that the screws were in the post, I have never received them. I was also told that I should “use the panel from the second wardrobe and another would be ordered” for me. At this point I was offered £35 compensation and accepted.

When the second wardrobe was unpacked, almost every piece was damaged and the handles were missing. After yet more phone calls I was told that the parts missing would be delivered with my, missing, chest of draws in late March 2006.

When the delivery was finally made towards the end of March there was still no handles and the chest of drawers was so badly damaged that the delivery men suggested to my grandson that it be sent back and another sent out in its place. At the same time a replacement mirror door was delivered and after unpacking turned out to be even more damaged than the original.

Up until this point I have still not heard anything about the expected delivery of the chest of drawers or handles. After six phone calls in one afternoon I was told it would be six weeks by a member of staff on the telephone. I find this to be extremely unacceptable.

Since ordering these products with your company I have made an excessive amount of phone calls and feel promises are not being kept.

I do not believe this to be an isolated case as my son has had similar complaints with similar products from your company, and my daughter has just received her £1500 suite badly damaged, very dirty, and delivered late.

I request that the following action be taken, before I seek further guidance on the matter;

1)The chest of drawers delivered before the end of this month (April 2006)

2)A perfect, undamaged, mirror door.

3)The missing wardrobe doors handles.

4)Monetary compensation.

All of these could be delivered immediately from the items on display. After all it is immoral, and in full violation of the Sale of Goods Act 1979,to lead customers to believe that they can order and receive a full product, in this case a “Lima Bedroom Suite”, as seen on display in store, in reasonable time.

I would like to bring to your attention that I have never received an amended invoice after arranging for the 5x5 (five by five) drawer chest to be replaced by the smaller chest.

I expect a reply to this letter within 10 days of receipt as time is now of the essence.

Yours Faithfully,

It's been 8 days since the letter was sent and we're unsure what to do next...we didn't send them recorded as the post office was shut however we sent a copy to the store and head office...

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

2nd May- Prelim letter sent

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

24th May - Letter received telling me the situation is now "serious"

6th June - Arranged a payment plan of £30 per month AND filed my claim - 12 days remaining.

8th June - Offer made of £137.00p

15th June - Acknowledgment of service with intention of defending :O

21st June - complete refund offered and accepted

Thank you and Good Night!

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” -Elie Wiesel

God Kier, what a nightmare you've had with them. :rolleyes:

Great letter though. Who did you send it to at head office?

The world is divided into 10 types of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I wasn't able to get a name so I addressed it to "complaints" haha I was told by the store that head office 1) doesn't exist and 2) does not facilitate letters or calls.

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

6th June - Arranged a payment plan of £30 per month AND filed my claim - 12 days remaining.

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” -Elie Wiesel

Quite right too.

It's about time 'Rip-off- Britain was a thing of the past.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi Kier1986, interested to read your post, I can see that things haven't improved at Harveys since a problem we had with them circa 2002. We had 2 wall units delivered no problem and then ordered a dining room table and six chairs, we had a choice of seat covers and chose burgundy. After waiting a considerable time for delivery we chased the order and it was then delivered with seat covers the same colour as the display in the store i.e cream, no problem said the store manager, keep the chairs until we get replacement covers, several months passed, no chair covers and then top of table began peeling off technician sent who agreed with us it was a fault in manufacture ,many telephone calls to the store and head office informed us that all the managers were out on the road so unable to complain to higher authority and unable to get refund. So took them to small claims court having taken photos of offending items, Harveys didn't attend so judgement found against them but we still had to send bailiffs in to recover the money from the store, got our money sharpish after that and washed our hands of the store, soon got replacement suite from small local company in 3 weeks! Don't take any nonsense from them and don't hang about, have seen several articles in the press about them - Good luck!

Would anyone have any thoughts on me sending an amended Letter Before Action to Harvey's if by 22nd they have not replied? I've made changes to it and will post it here if anyone wants to see it...

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got a reply on the 22nd so they saved their arses to date they have given my nan a refund of £85 (which I was told to my face was reasonable). I fail to see how £85 refund makes a "generous offer" for a suite ordered and paid £1000 for that doesn't turn up for nearly 6months!!

Not only this but for the passed week they have still been messing us about! We received TWICE the wrong door and now have a new delivery date of wednesday the 3rd May on which date EVERYTHING should be sorted...I seriously doubt it will be.

If it is not I am going to send them a preliminary letter requesting a full refund and compensation...if that doesn't work I will send the LBA if that still fails to work I'm goin' to war...I mean court :p

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

• 2 weeks later...

I took Harvey's to court several years ago after a living room cabinet that I had ordered was delivered damaged on two occasions. On the second occasion, the delivery firm refused to allow me to inspect the goods before signing for them, which I refused to do. It meant having to take three days off work waiting for them to deliver and then collect the goods. I got a full refund off them, because after the second occasion I told them to stick it, but then went to court for compensation for my wasted time and then hassle of phone calls and letters. They didn't show up in court so I was awarded £315.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 2 months later...
Guest Niklowe

My daughter ordered a corner Settee last year. It didn't arrive on the due date.

The responses were amazing.

1st It's still in poland

2nd We can't locate it our wharehouse

3rd It's still in Poland

When it finally arrived it was left handed instead of right!

Now we go back to Poland again

Give them their due, by the time my daughter received the correct Settee, she had managed to negoiate substantial discounts from them, and they did supply another Settee in the Interim.

• 5 weeks later...

I have ordered a sofa from Harvey's and they keep delaying delivering. They claim they have not received it from supplier, but refused to name the supplier or contact them to see where we are at. I have been sitting on the floor for the past 3 months in my new house. Their purchase contract say they are not responsible for delivery dates. Is there anything I can do? Advice appreciated.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks