Hoist Portfolio 2/? claimform - old Barclaycard 'debt' ***Claim Still Struck Out ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please elaborate on "mediation will then ask you their set q's prior"?

mediation will contact you first, asking some questions. there was a good post on it in a thread, cant recall which one atm, will try find it just now. unless one of the guys recalls it.

I doubt it

they simply try and continue the bluff till the last minute

and then prob discontinue

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have to laugh at this crew...most of their claims they add section 69 interest to the debt and push it to Fast Track and on this were the debt is genuinely over 10K they ask for it to be small claims track.

J. Directions

1. Pursuant to CPR 26.7(2), the claim be allocated to the small claims track

Just so you aware which CPR they are relying on

(2) The court will allocate a claim which has no financial value to the track which it considers most suitable having regard to the matters mentioned in rule 26.8(1).

:madgrin:

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well maybe as its SB it has no monetary value!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Well maybe as its SB it has no monetary value!

:-) If only...it means that they are varying from the prescribed limits normally used to allocate to track...so in reality although they accept its over 10K and should be FT...its a simple claim that can be dealt with in SCT....not that the cost of it being in FT what have anything to do with their request:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I thought that, this is for £16k ....

re allocation, when considering the 'value', the court shld 'disregard' any claims for interest.

which puts it at the 11k, which as said can be dealt with in smalls.

Court issues the directions anyway in Small Claim Track

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I've now received the court order stating the claim has been allocated to the fast track, In summary:

Each party must deliver to the other party and to the court offices, copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing, no later than 1st August and the hearing fee is payable by the claimant by the 8th August.

What paperwork am I filing in respect of my SB defence? I have a copy of my very last payment and the default, the rest I've never managed to receive from Barclays and this includes the agreement, if I receive nothing from the claimant, I'm assuming this alone stops the whole case.

By the 1st August this agreement will also have been deleted from my credit file, it should have been 3 months ago, the actual default was in May, but they are using a false date and refuse to change it, despite me being the only one that appears to have a true copy of the default.

many thanks

So the court decided Fast Track....ouch that will hit their pocket.Disclosure will be anything in support of your statute barred defence...you may wish to disclose that default notice also.

Andy

Yes £600 and its not going to court until 1st December, I'll pull a few things together and let you review what I've provided, its nothing complex.

I've been attempting to get any form of paperwork, especially a confirmation on the default date they have and obviously a copy of the agreement, we shall see as they're now legally obliged to produce everything.

Well you might not get their disclosure list until 1st August

Form N265 is used to list all disclosures...its part of the Fast Track process.

See the legal library

Each party must deliver to the other party and to the court offices, copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing, no later than 1st August and the hearing fee is payable by the claimant by the 8th August.

thats good, at least.

no worries atm re fast track, see how things develop.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to chip in , this is potentially the most interesting case on CAG for a long while if the SB issue comes to trial,

although I suspect they may fall on the s78 issue as Barclays are notorious for not finding documents.

I have some old Barclaycard terms and conditions and they clearly state that legal action will only be taken after the statutory process has been completed and I'm afraid that means BMW v Hart may come into play.

I have been pressuring both Hoist and BarclaryCard via Equifax to prove the default notice,

Barclaycard on Friday decided not to do that and simply deleted the agreement.

Hoist who purchased the debt have yet to provide any paperwork, and have continually deflected my requests other than to raise this claim against me and I have defended it each time.

They must provide the paperwork (default, agreement etc) within a few weeks, if not then I assume the case is over and it will no longer be pursuant anyway.

Only time will tell, I'm providing my defence this week.

The real default notice was dated in May 16, none of the agreements should even exist on Equifax, they would have now been deleted after the 6 year period.

They are using on the claim a default date of July 29th and have been unable to prove that date, i.e where are the facts, the paperwork. I'm defending using SB but I ultimately want them to prove there is not only an agreement, but a valid agreement and supporting legal paperwork.

I understand SB comes from the last payment date, but all immaterial if they cannot even prove there is even an agreement to enforce.